Favorite Coaster Crew?

PKIVortex

In my opinion Vortex crew needs some work this year. They are stacking a lot this year. Also an op yesterday who looked no older then 12 (Obviously he was older then that) had one hand in his pocket and the other checking the bars, going as slow as he could.

In my opinion Vortex crew needs some work this year. They are stacking a lot this year. Also an op yesterday who looked no older then 12 (Obviously he was older then that) had one hand in his pocket and the other checking the bars, going as slow as he could.

What exactly is "stacking"? I keep seeing it on here, and I really have no clue.

What exactly is "stacking"? I keep seeing it on here, and I really have no clue.

Stacking is when they let all 3 trains set up in the brakes. Example of this would be, 1 train in the Station, 1 train in the Ready Brakes, and one train in the Safety Brakes (by shake rattle and roll).

I can understand having one train in the station and waiting to unload but all 3 trains should never be stopped at the same time, unless you are having a delay in station, such as a voban (vomit clean-up) or a disabled guest, getting on or off the train. I worked at Vortex in 2001 and we worked very hard to not stack the trains.

I really liked the jumpsuits the TG crew used to have. I thought those were a nice touch. Also I love the TG soundtrack playing in the line. But as far as the actual people on the crew go, The Beast is by far the best.

One of the reasons I like Cedar Point so much is that nearly all the crews treat their ride like it is the best and most exciting ride in the park. I always feel like the crew is really into it when I'm at CP. I hope that CF can get KI crews up to that level.

Stacking is when they let all 3 trains set up in the brakes. Example of this would be, 1 train in the Station, 1 train in the Ready Brakes, and one train in the Safety Brakes (by shake rattle and roll).

I can understand having one train in the station and waiting to unload but all 3 trains should never be stopped at the same time, unless you are having a delay in station, such as a voban (vomit clean-up) or a disabled guest, getting on or off the train. I worked at Vortex in 2001 and we worked very hard to not stack the trains.

Thanks.

Okay who voted for Little Bill's Giggle Coaster? LOL. They were even a few times in 2001 on Vortex we got bullet trains even with 3 trains. A bullet train is when a train can come all the way back to the station without stopping. The only way to achieve this to have every train out at the bell.

I wish they would implement the way the ride ops explain the ride in the station like at CP "You are about to go up 234 feet drop 190 feet at a 85 degree angle make 5 inversions and we will see you back here in 1 min 27 seconds" or "That's your clear and you're out of hear sit back right hold on tight and enjoy your ride on ____". Sometimes the ride crews at KI are awesome and sometimes not but it is amost always the case at like TTD at CP.

Based on what? I wouldn`t say the IJST crew is bad. There is a ride near IJST, that at least early in the season, seemed to have a crew that didn`t really care. They were stacking all three trains, and appeared to not be enjoying themselves on the job. (And I`m not referring to The Beast either, that crew, as usual, is awesome). Another crew that deserves accolades is the Adventure Express crew. On some of my recent visits, the crew has been really efficient and interacting a lot with the guests. Granted, every crew and every ride operator will have their off days.

One of the things I love about IJST is the awesome techno songs they always have playing. I always get pumped up before riding it. They do get people through quickly but I don't remember them ever trying to interact or anything. I was tempted to vote for a crew which I knew had no complaints this year but then again I haven't heard anything good about them either, SOB. So I decided to vote for The Beast because they are usually always having a good time and trying to get people to yell. They do it on Firehawk as well but most people are already excited about it since it's new.

You know, I do like the Firehawk crew. Always moving as fast as they can, keeping you entertained.

I will have to say that the TRTR crew is probabily the worst in the park. I worked the ride in 03, and it has been going down in quality ever since. Here are my reasons:

Even if the effects are not working properly (which this is more of an operations complaint than an op complaint) run Antechamber and preshow as two separate rooms. This Pre-Chamber stuff is not working out. I know its mostly because of staffing, but that room adds to the whole mystique of the ride. This would also alleviate the next complaint:

The preshow room sphiel should be done BEFORE the movie is played. The movie is meant to pump you up and get you ready to ride, but it is ruined when the sphiel is done afterwards. The door should open right after "Famous last words" and you enter the ride.

The ops dont even look like they want to be there. I have yet to see one person smile wether at greeter or on the ride. Its not that hard to fake a smile while checking restraints.

I understand that the ride is a low capacity ride, but speed up the bar checks. I remember working for 10 cycles an hr, and averaging 8 every hour. If we did not hit 8 cycles an hr, we were not happy at all. This is easily accomplished with only 2 bar checkers, but you do have to hustle a little.

Also, keep calling the effects in as broken! Thats the only way they get fixed! Maintenance WILL blow them off if they are not on their list every morning. The Ice Field looks horrible, and lets not talk about the lava pit. Call those problems in and get them fixed!

Now I know I am going to take flak for this post of people defending the TRTR crew, but if these problems are not pointed out, they cannot be taken into effect.

Tom-Who has thought about assembling the TRTR crew of 03 to show `em how its done.

yeah, till now, the only good crew was of course...The Beast on Saturdays last season. It was like a huge party in the station it rocked. however, the Firehawk crew is pretty cool too, but The Beast's still owned.....

....and welche, that song your talking about is called Kernkraft 400 by Zombie Nation, if you want it send me a pm and ill send it to you

Firehawk's crew is fab, but man, The Beast's crew has them by a long shot! No other ride I've been on has the crew pumped you up before you ride, after you are on the train heading to the lift hill, and on the way back unloading! Last night they were ON!

deb

....and welche, that song your talking about is called Kernkraft 400 by Zombie Nation, if you want it send me a pm and ill send it to you

O believe me, I already have Zombie Nation on my computer and I am usually singing along in line. But there are several other techno songs they play as well that I. I can't think of them off the top of my head, though.