Does anyone have a cedar point max pass and ki only parking pass?

raptor

I haven't been to KI yet, I have my Cedar Point Max Plus Pass, but I only purchased the Ki Parking pass because when I go to Cedar Point I stay at the breakers and get free parking. I was wandering if there were any problems processing the ki parking pass with the Cedar Fair max pass, to they put the sticker on the pass, or car? how does it work?

I emailed ki several days ago but as usual I have yet to get an answer.

Anyone else go this route?

They just scan the barcode on your Park Pass and Parking Pass and type in a few thing on the computer. That's it. You just show the people at the parking gates your Park Pass and they scan it.

I hope it works out for you. I bought a KI Cedar Fair Maxx Pass and an All Ohio Parking pass, but apparently (according to each respective park) KI can now put an All Ohio Pass on a Maxx Pass bought at KI and Cedar Point can not add it either so on a trip to Cedar Point I had to change My KI Maxx Pass to a Cedar Point Maxx Pass just so I could add the parking to the pass. God they have a lot of kinks to work out of this system.

You aren't the only one. I had a Maxx pass from another park in the chain, and bought KI season pass parking online. When I tried to process the parking, Kings Island's authorized representative actually tried to seize my voucher and not even give me a refund. After a LOT of protests, they did give me my money back.

I ended up converting the other parks' Maxx pass to a Cedar Point Maxx pass. Kings Island kept promising to get back to me with a solution. They never did. Even though I even called to ask the status of the matter FOUR times.

Not only does the pass program have issues, but customer service at Kings Island GR apparently leaves a LOT to be desired. At my most recent visit to the park, I pointed this out to the GR people in person. They were very apologetic, but said with the conversion, there are apparently many issues being left unaddressed.

I'm sorry, but call me unimpressed. (I could tell a similar story about trying to get a $3 refund for money a Pepsi machine ate at Cedar Point...I bet you think Guest Relations or a gift shop could handle this. You'd be wrong on both counts. Apparently, park operations does. I bet you would think GR would nicely tell you where that is. Wrong on that count, too.)

Kings Island and Cedar Point are both great parks. But great customer service at GR is NOT something I've personally experienced at either this year.

Sigh.

But great customer service at GR is NOT something I've personally experienced at either this year.

Sigh.

I agree COMPLETLY with this!!! When I had my KI Maxx Pass they treated me like I was trying to get into the park for free when id go to CP and have to go through guest relations. And honestly re-liability at the parks doesn't seem that good this year either.

You aren't the only one. I had a Maxx pass from another park in the chain, and bought KI season pass parking online. When I tried to process the parking, Kings Island's authorized representative actually tried to seize my voucher and not even give me a refund. After a LOT of protests, they did give me my money back.

I ended up converting the other parks' Maxx pass to a Cedar Point Maxx pass. Kings Island kept promising to get back to me with a solution. They never did. Even though I even called to ask the status of the matter FOUR times.

Not only does the pass program have issues, but customer service at Kings Island GR apparently leaves a LOT to be desired. At my most recent visit to the park, I pointed this out to the GR people in person. They were very apologetic, but said with the conversion, there are apparently many issues being left unaddressed.

I'm sorry, but call me unimpressed. (I could tell a similar story about trying to get a $3 refund for money a Pepsi machine ate at Cedar Point...I bet you think Guest Relations or a gift shop could handle this. You'd be wrong on both counts. Apparently, park operations does. I bet you would think GR would nicely tell you where that is. Wrong on that count, too.)

Kings Island and Cedar Point are both great parks. But great customer service at GR is NOT something I've personally experienced at either this year.

Sigh.

So are you tellling me that I can't have a Cedar Point max pass and a Kings Island parking pass?

Honestly they might do what they did for me. Make you change you CP Maxx Pass into a KI Maxx Pass so they can put the parking on it. However at KI they can scan a CP maxx pass at the gate so their system obviously reads the passes so one could assume they would be able to add a KI Parking Pass to it.

I work at KI and my employee pass gets me into all parks for free. And I didn't have to pay one cent. Accually, I'm getting payed! :D

Yeah I used to work for Six Flags I didn't even have to pay parking, and I worked in foods so I even got all my food for free when I went as well. Id love to work for CF but I live right in the middle of all 3 parks. So not exactly an easy commute.

heck With my MAX pass plus card for KI just today in the gold lot No sir thats not a gold pass you can't park here The guy finally let me and said okay , and i took it to the guest relations, and she said its higher than a gold and infact you can use it at any park ,(0f course I knew that).

and all gold privleges work at KI for parking etc.

Honestly they might do what they did for me. Make you change you CP Maxx Pass into a KI Maxx Pass so they can put the parking on it. However at KI they can scan a CP maxx pass at the gate so their system obviously reads the passes so one could assume they would be able to add a KI Parking Pass to it.

I won't do that because I want the cool joe club benefits I paid for with my Cedar Point membership. This is all a joke, why can't they just put a stinkin' sticker on your card, when you order a parking pass it specifies nothing about what kind of pass you have to have, it simply state good for one parking permit for the 2007 operating season.

Yep, this is a great business practice. Upset your best customers who ARE going to go to your other parks and spend money.

And when I converted to a Cedar Point Maxx pass to get parking in Ohio, I LOST parking in the Paramount Park where my original Maxx pass came from. They even wanted to charge me more for the CP Maxx pass until I pointed out to them that I was losing parking at the other Paramount Park.

I think a short sighted focus on money maximization may well be driving Cedar Fair into making some very unwise decisions in admissions, food pricing, staffing and season passes. There may be short term gain at the expense of long term negative impacts.

I have a KI Maxx Pass Plus which I bought last Fall. I got All Ohio Parking added to my pass and I had to get it at KI because Cedar Point and Geauga Lake wouldn't add a sticker to a KI card that was already processed. They need to work out some problems with their system and add computers at the entrences and parking booths like KI has.

Yep, this is a great business practice. Upset your best customers who ARE going to go to your other parks and spend money.

And when I converted to a Cedar Point Maxx pass to get parking in Ohio, I LOST parking in the Paramount Park where my original Maxx pass came from. They even wanted to charge me more for the CP Maxx pass until I pointed out to them that I was losing parking at the other Paramount Park.

I think a short sighted focus on money maximization may well be driving Cedar Fair into making some very unwise decisions in admissions, food pricing, staffing and season passes. There may be short term gain at the expense of long term negative impacts.

You know I don't even care if they overcharge for things, that doesn't bother me so much, what bothers me is buying something, and not getting it, that's like stealing if they don't give me my money back.

And oh yeah, that Kings Island customer service is sensational, I emailed them tuesday about it and they still have not emailed me back, but I'm not surprised i've emailed their customer relations on multiple occassions and only once did I get a reply that was from Maureen.

Well. it appears I cant read today.. so my post is totally useless. Read it if you want. lol.

I have a maxx pass and a KI parking pass.

What makes me mad is that you have to go to guest relations at CP and get your hand stamped in order to use your maxx pass.

I would prefer less walking, because im lazy (and ave to save energy for walking around lol), and just have us go through the same season pass line, which Im sure the system wont pop up your picture because your ID wasnt processed there..

But its annoying to have to go inside, have them write down everything, stamp your hand, get back in ANOTHER line to enter the park.

Oh well. atleast you dont have to pay admission :)

Well I got my answer, I called and talked to somebody, and they told me I would have to get my ki parking pass refunded and put it towards a all ohio parking pass at Cedar Point, they said you can not have a Cedar Point max pass with Kings Island parking pass, I am certainly not going to get the all ohio pass because I stay at the breakers and get free parking up there, so it would be a waste of 40 extra dollars. I'm just going to get my pass refunded, and visit ki less than I was planning this summer, I am not paying 75 dollars for a parking pass to ki which is essentially what I'd be doing.

Just one more note on this. I emailed Kings Island back in october when I was buying my cp max pass and said I was going to do this and buy a ki parking pass, nowhere in the return letter did they tell me that I couldn't do this. Here is the email:

Hi, John.

We just added a parking pass to the web site. It will be valid for all of 2007. It is $34.95 and can be purchased online at pki.com, at the gate or by phone.

Thanks so much. Have a fantastic day!!

Maureen Kaiser, APR

Paramount's Kings Island

Marketing Communications

Paramount's Kings Island - where the best of Hollywood entertainment is NOW PLAYING!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i'm going to be purchasing a max pass thru Cedar Point, and was considering also getting a parking pass for Kings Island, how much will that cost, i couldn't find the info on the website.

thanks

john

Seems to me if this was going to be the case they would've informed me when I told them I was getting a pass thru cp and wanted a ki parking pass.

They don't. And the nice woman who could make it work has left Kings Island to pursue other opportunities.

I was in this exact same situation. And no one at Kings Island cared enough to even give me the courtesy of a reply I was silly enough to keep expecting.

You know, folks, Disney sets the bar when it comes to excellent guest service. This type of service from Cedar Fair will eventually come back and bite them. The part that amazes me the most is the Kings Island people told me, after I had remedied the problem the best I could at Cedar Point, that "conversion issues" had GR swamped.

You either see things from the point of view of the customer, or you don't. At least in this arena, Cedar Fair seems to be so fascinated with its own 'system' and the rules they have created for it that they have lost ALL emphasis on the customer.

Oh, write Dick Kinzel I can hear someone saying.

I did.

I got NO reply.

Why am I NOT surprised?

Note also I gave the park numerous opportunies to fix this:

* On opening day, when I tried to process my voucher I had bought online.

* On FOUR follow-up telephone calls (BY ME), each time being told that they WOULD get back to me. They never did.

* I NEVER posted the first word of this here until this very similar story was posted by raptor.

I feel no remorse whatsover in posting this. I was treated shabbily. As have been others. And they never even gave the decency of a reply. Why do I suspect the person in charge of follow-up at Kings Island's GR was yet another person that Cedar Fair has found to be 'redundant," and they left to 'pursue other opportunities?'

Sigh.

one of the things is that I bought my max pass as soon as they went on sale, I bought the ki parking pass, there was no all ohio pass at the time, ki parking pass was the only option so i bought, now what was the only option then, is no longer valid.