Longest You've Been Stuck On A Ride & What Ride

WooferBearATL

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

beast... it was one of the last cycles of the night in october, i believe it was the last weekend they were open.

anywho, it was sprinkleing when we first got on, then as soon as we head for the second hill, it starts pouring. I mean, I think if I would have ridden White Water Canyon or Stood on the Bridge of congo falls, i would have gotten drier!!

We stopped right on the bottom of the chain.. and was stuck there for 10-15 minutes.

It sucked.

I dont really remember the other rides I've been stuck on.

On Face/Off, we had a 'break miss-tap', and didn't catch the mechanism that takes the train up the second hill. We rolled back to the bottom of the the loop and it took them about 20-30 minutes to get us off by means of a rising platform. We were told this is common, and got to walk on a ride afterwords.

Also last year's Fear Fest on The Beast at 11 at night, they had a problem in the station and we sat on the break run for 20 minutes.

Guest kwindshawne

Vortex-approx. 10 minutes stuck sideways right before the braking area midway through-was in the last car. Seriously, what causes that? Is it just me, or is it becoming more common?

I've always wondered...

what would happen if a bird flew in front of TTD? If the bird flew the right direction, they do have sharp beaks, and you are going 120 MPH. I wonder if if would be possible for somebody to take a seagull to the heart...

Guest kwindshawne
I've always wondered...

what would happen if a bird flew in front of TTD? If the bird flew the right direction, they do have sharp beaks, and you are going 120 MPH. I wonder if if would be possible for somebody to take a seagull to the heart...

that's a scary thought, but possible I guess

I know that that big hotel in Dubia (the name escapes me right now, but it is the "world's only 7 star hotel") employs the use of birds of prey to fly around the hotel. They scare smaller birds away that poop a lot, helping keep the windows clean.

Does CP use something like, or have a way of keeping birds away from coasters?`

I can't imagine any way to keep birds away except building a building around it...and last time i checked Disaster Transport is the only one in a building at CP. :P

I got stop on the Emergency brakes on Gemini one time. A bird sat in front of one of the sensors....so it thought there was another train there. We were there for about 15 minutes and we got a pass to walk on to any ride in the park....except TTD so we went to MF. :D

I know that that big hotel in Dubia (the name escapes me right now, but it is the "world's only 7 star hotel") employs the use of birds of prey to fly around the hotel. They scare smaller birds away that poop a lot, helping keep the windows clean.
I saw a show about that hotel. It's called Burj Al Arab. They used Peregrin falcons to scare away other birds. That hotel looks awesome, though!!!

Vortex-approx. 10 minutes stuck sideways right before the braking area midway through-was in the last car. Seriously, what causes that? Is it just me, or is it becoming more common?

You got stopped in the brakes, they were probably a train stuck in the safty brakes as well (By Shake Rattle and Roll). YOu were on your side a little, cause the last car of the train is still a little bit on the curve. Nothing to worry about, I had to climb all of those stairs when I worked at that ride in 01.

I was stuck on Vortex for about 30 minutes on the lift, when it was pretty cool outside.

I saw a show about that hotel. It's called Burj Al Arab. They used Peregrin falcons to scare away other birds. The hotel is also the tallest in the world at 1,053 feet tall, so you can imagine how hard it would be to clean the windows!

I actually had to jump out of a ride once.

Theres a ride down at Beech Bend called Scat 2. Apparently something major broke and the maintenance guy couldnt push the ride around to the platform to unload us, so Ariel, Ryan, (I think) Dane and I had to jump about 5 ft to the platform in order to push the car around to unload some of our other friends. That was fun.

I got stuck on Face/Off. We were coming down after the ride when the train is supposed to slowly pull into the station. Well, we flew by the station, and eventually we stopped on the upswing of that first part of the cobra roll. Luckily, I was sitting back whilst others were facing the ground. It seemed like a half hour, but it was probably more like 15 minutes or so. That was fun, although we didn't have to climb down, which disappointed me. It occurs to me that this may not be that uncommon. All it takes is for the brakes not to catch, right?

The last car stops sideways because the train stops before the first car gets to the end of the brake run. It's normal - nothing to worry about. I got to do it three times when they were filming a commercial. They had to keep stopping the train there to time the shot right.

As far as what causes it, there are numerous factors. Usually its a fault or just a block setup. For example a train stops in the brakes out by Shake Rattle and Roll and the ride operator forgets it's out there, and brings the next train into the station. Then the train that was dispatched will stop just before the corkscrews because the Shake Rattle and Roll brakes are still occupied. I know for sure at least one person has done this, and on at least two occasions. :rolleyes:

Also sometimes the operators will stop a train there because someone is doing something unsafe such as videotaping the ride. They'll stop it there and yell at them over the PA.

Does CP use something like, or have a way of keeping birds away from coasters?`

You're probably thinking of the Burj al Arab in Dubai. That hotel spares no expense - as does the rest of the country. They're trying to become one of the top tourist destinations in the world. But I highly doubt Cedar Point employ's birds of prey to guard their coasters. :lol:

The first year FOF opened, my dad and I were stuck for 40 minutes because one of the ride ops forgot to close the OTSR on an empty car, so it did an e-stop right after the blast off. The had to physically roll us back in.

I also got stuck on the lift of Top Gun for 20 minutes and the 2nd lift of Iron Dragon for 10. On ID, this girl was freaking out because it was her first roller coaster.

heh, i dont remember if i posted this already, but dont think i have. i have gotten stuck on congo falls, for like 30 minutes. it was the only thing worth waiting for (no wait on a day with like 3 hour waits) and we went on it over and over. didnt even have to get off unless someone was in our spot in line. we wentr up and it just got stuck. we were like at the top edge kinda leanin in to the water... so close. but we did get a nice view, adnd there was somethign going on in the timberwolf, dont know what though. also, my first rollercoaster was Son of Beast, and we got stuck at the top of the lift hill for like 3 minutes or so because some disabled person was trying to ride and they had to explain that he was unable to ride... that kinda freaked me out but it was all good. man what a first rollercoaster...