Longest You've Been Stuck On A Ride & What Ride

WooferBearATL

There was this one time my friend Shane and I were on Italian Job. We were coming to the midway, where it stops, and we got stuck there for 1h13m. He has gotten stuck on it before, but not that long. He got to walk down the stairs the last time and i wanted to also. So the KI worker came up and released our restraints and let us walk down the steps. I was so happy. http://www.KICentral.com/forums/style_emot...fault/laugh.gif

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been stuck on The Beast's second lift hill for about 5 minutes due to capacity problems, Adventure Express's final hill for about 10 minutes. Surprisingly i have been stuck on Top Thrill Dragster in the unloading platform behind another car for about 10 minutes. Bottom line very short delays but still delays. Speaking of Top Thrill Dragster when i rode it i got off and one of my grandparents said that my train had just barely creeped over the top but when you are on there is feels like you fly over the top.

Went to CP on the 7th. Was on one of the last rides of the night when Maverick had something go wrong. Our train ended up sitting on the track about 50 feet before the loading station for about 45 mins. They ended up walking us off the ride.

On a side note, I've been riding coasters since 1978 and that was the the first time ever that I've had a coaster brake down while I was on board. :P

• 2 weeks later...

I can't remember ever being stuck on a ride, but I did have to wait almost two hours at the front of tomb raiders line because the ride malfunctioned just before we got on. I got lucky there. I would rather wait in line that long than be stuck upside down on the ride or something.

I was stuck on the second lift of The Beast for like 15 minutes or so once, that was interesting, I was supposed to meet my parents at a certain time, so i decided to squeeze in one more Beast ride, and ended up getting stuck...

A friend of mine has been on TTD and said he barely floated over the top... but he's kind of a noob so I think he was just paranoid.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Earlier this year I was stuck on Vortex at the mid-course brakes for about 5 minutes due to slow loading. This past week I was stuck on Delirium for about 15 minutes because the floor didn't come up. I knew something was wrong when we were slowly turning around to our original position when it kind of dis engaged and just lightly swung back and forth. I didn't mind though it wasn't all that bad.

There is a difference between being "stuck" on a ride due to the blocking system, and being stuck on a ride due to a malfunction/computer shut down of the ride. It is not uncommon to get stuck on Adventure Express`s final lift due to a block setup. Also, before The Beast got its new braking system, it was not uncommon to get stuck at the top of lift 2 as there was only room for two trains in the station and outside of the station.

I have been stuck on The Beast once back in 2000 or 2001. We had just returned to the brakes oustide of the station, and the computer had shut the ride down. After about twenty they unlocked our bars one car at a time and walked us into the station.

I was stuck at the the top of The Beast second lift hill for about 10 minutes. There was some problem in the loading station.

Other than that, I've been pretty lucky. That's the only significant time I can think of.

I have been stuck in a plane on the tarmac a couple of times. One in particular lasted nearly 2 hours. That is no fun.

I got stuck on Millennium force for 40 minutes once near the top, and it was about 95 degrees and sunny that day. Needless to say I was mega sunburned. Owee. But they gave us free coupons to get to the front of any line in the park except TTD, so I did Millennium Force again ;)

It's #1 for a reason :D

Back in like 2000 i got stuck with my mom and dad on Kenton's Cove Keelboat Canal before the final drop for about 45 minutes due to a technical problem in the station and then on Sunday my cousin and I got the first train of the day on SoB along with two other people and an employee who was test riding and we got stuck on the midway brakes after the rose bowl for 10-15 minutes due to something going wrong in the station.

Years ago I was stuck on Vortex for 30 min on the lift hill, 30 min on the midway, and like 30 min at the end. Luckily I wasn't scared of that ride then, but it was my friends first time on it, she didn't freak out though.

Can I ask how you evacuate people off of TRTR?

In the mid to late 80's, I was stuck on Demon Drop, first ride of the day, for about an hour with a friend.

It was really no big deal, except for the girl screaming bloody murder practically the whole time. I honestly thought (and wished) she was going to knock herself out from screaming so hard.

And talk about customer service, we both received a $50 voucher for Bay Harbor (which my father conveniently used for a lobster tail), as well as a free one day pass.

And while I wasn't stuck, this is a rather funny story.

I went to CP for the opening day for MF. It was not a cold day, but a cool one, so jeans and jackets were ideal. I also knew that the line was going to be hours upon hours long, so being the "cool" guy I was at the time, I brought a six pack of beer in the park hidden in my jacket. About 5 beers, and 3.5 hours of waiting (only 2 trains operating), I realized on how much of an idiot I was. Yeah, no bathroom. So now here I am starting to do the pee pee dance going up the ramp. Once I finally got on the ride, it could not go fast enough for me. I did make it to the restrooms next to the Red Garter Saloon, and boy, that was the cleanest restroom I have ever been in! Have you ever passed a kidney stone? Yeah, it was that relieving. :)

I've always wondered...

what would happen if a bird flew in front of TTD? If the bird flew the right direction, they do have sharp beaks, and you are going 120 MPH. I wonder if if would be possible for somebody to take a seagull to the heart...

Oh man I was thinking about that while I was there I always sit in the front everytime and I always ride it at night and I mean there's a little body line of bud splatters on the car and a little sketch of a person on the seat it was gross and I got bugs stuck to my face. But any bigger object ouch glad that hasn't happened ever

Um to my knowledge it was always a big no no to bring your own alcohol into a amusement park.

You are right. It always has been a big deal. I am comparing what policies were like in 2000 to what they are today. Things were more laid back in 2000.

For instance, it has always been illegal to bring in firearms or weapons into KI. But now with the metal detectors, there is more focus on it.

I've been stuck on Gemini on the E-Brakes for around 20 minutes because a bird sat in front of one of the sensors. And I've been stopped on Maverick for around 15 for a roll back. I was not on the rollback train, I was already sitting on the brakes. I asked if we could go around again because we got stopped, but I was told no.

Years ago I was stuck on Vortex for 30 min on the lift hill, 30 min on the midway, and like 30 min at the end. Luckily I wasn't scared of that ride then, but it was my friends first time on it, she didn't freak out though.

Can I ask how you evacuate people off of TRTR?

When the ride E-stops it does not return to the home position, it mearly lets gravity bring the ride to the lowest point, this also means that the gondola is not parallel to the ground but rather angled facing downward. In the event that the ride is unable to be homed such as a lack of air pressure, the ride will be Locked Out, a very large jack is placed under the front of the gondola then jacked up so as to level the gondola, then a roling stair case is wheeled to the front right corner of the gondola. Operators stand at the opposite end and corners to keep guests from walking off the edge. Once all of this is done, an air compressor is wheeled behind the ride and connected to a valve near the back row exit side corner. This allows the manual opening of restraints using the controls at on the side of that valve/box. Restraints are opened half a row at a time starting with the front row entrance side, then front row exit side, then middle row entrance side, etc. The rest of the evacuation procedures are the same, the ops will take your name, seat number, and ask if you're feeling alright.

I've had to do this many times^