Longest You've Been Stuck On A Ride & What Ride

WooferBearATL

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

heh, just yesterday i got stuck on Firehawk. we wer in the front car, and we went through a full cycle,and were ready to come up into the sitting position to get off, except it didnt go up. we were there for a bout 10-15 minutes. they had a lady asking us how we were doing, and telling us to hold on that if they couldnt get us out automatically they would manually do it. eventually, we got out and continued on our journey. although it gave me and my friend a major headache. i cant complain though, we walked on Firehawk as the park opened at ten. and we just walked there, no running involved.

Years ago I was stuck on Vortex for 30 min on the lift hill, 30 min on the midway, and like 30 min at the end. Luckily I wasn't scared of that ride then, but it was my friends first time on it, she didn't freak out though.

Can I ask how you evacuate people off of TRTR?

When the ride E-stops it does not return to the home position, it mearly lets gravity bring the ride to the lowest point, this also means that the gondola is not parallel to the ground but rather angled facing downward. In the event that the ride is unable to be homed such as a lack of air pressure, the ride will be Locked Out, a very large jack is placed under the front of the gondola then jacked up so as to level the gondola, then a roling stair case is wheeled to the front right corner of the gondola. Operators stand at the opposite end and corners to keep guests from walking off the edge. Once all of this is done, an air compressor is wheeled behind the ride and connected to a valve near the back row exit side corner. This allows the manual opening of restraints using the controls at on the side of that valve/box. Restraints are opened half a row at a time starting with the front row entrance side, then front row exit side, then middle row entrance side, etc. The rest of the evacuation procedures are the same, the ops will take your name, seat number, and ask if you're feeling alright.

I've had to do this many times^

thanks for explaining that

• 2 weeks later...

I got on the Delirium, but the ride just wouldn't start! It was for about 20 minutes.

And on The Beast, me and my bro were the first and only riders, when we went up the first hill, the cart stopped for about 10 seconds, then went again.

• 3 months later...

i have only been stuck on two rides

1) Adventure Express for about two or three minutes

2) the italian job for about five minutes

i am pretty sure that nether was because of block breaks because, on Adventure Express they were only running two trains and because on the italian job there can be a train in the loading station, one in the unloading station, and one right behind the one in the unloading station and we were stuck where the helicopter shoots at you.

Funny story --

Dane and I were at the park one day in the 06 season and Tomb Raider had a miscatch and we were stuck on it for a few minutes. Later that day, we hung out with Maureen and her (soon-to-be at the time) family and I complained about the incident in a joking way. She joked back saying that she didn't care about my problem on Tomb Raider. Later that day, we all rode The Beast together, and they were in the train after us. There was some problem with the block system which halted the whole system for about a half hour right as the park was closing. They were stuck on lift two for quite a while, so Dane and I were excited to give her a "now you know how we felt!" spiel. About fifteen minutes after the park closed, they resolved the system and their train rolled into the station. Before I could even get a word in, Maureen hopped out of the train and very excitedly told us about how they were stuck at the top of lift two and had the "best view of the fireworks ...ever!"

I guess you'll never win with some people.

:D

Funny story --

Dane and I were at the park one day in the 06 season and Tomb Raider had a miscatch and we were stuck on it for a few minutes. Later that day, we hung out with Maureen and her (soon-to-be at the time) family and I complained about the incident in a joking way. She joked back saying that she didn't care about my problem on Tomb Raider. Later that day, we all rode The Beast together, and they were in the train after us. There was some problem with the block system which halted the whole system for about a half hour right as the park was closing. They were stuck on lift two for quite a while, so Dane and I were excited to give her a "now you know how we felt!" spiel. About fifteen minutes after the park closed, they resolved the system and their train rolled into the station. Before I could even get a word in, Maureen hopped out of the train and very excitedly told us about how they were stuck at the top of lift two and had the "best view of the fireworks ...ever!"

I guess you'll never win with some people.

:D

haha, i remember that night, those ride ops who helped you guys out were fantastic.

This past season DeloreanRider and I were riding The Beast when we got stuck on the second lift hill for about 20 minutes. A ride op named Doug....or....Dale....cant remember which, came up and there was a little girl screaming in front of us. He stayed with her the whole time telling her jokes, it was very cool to see how calm he was in the situation and how well he handled the panicked little girl.

• 1 month later...
I've been stuck on Gemini on the E-Brakes for around 20 minutes because a bird sat in front of one of the sensors.

I also got stuck on Gemini for the same thing just took 30 minutes, also got stuck on Storm Runner for 40 minutes so they could get the coaster to lauch we had to sit on the lauch track tell they powered it off. Well after they pushed the car back I got to sit in the front when they got it back up.

The longest I have ever been stuck on a coaster was on SFGAm's B:TR in 93, 45 min at the end block break due to a computer glitch (it was still a new ride.) Ive also been stuck on Magnum for a few times >15 min and a bunch of coasters Ive had <15 min delays. This summer I even got evaced off of Space Mountain, but got 5 use anywhere anytime Flash Passes for the trouble. As for getting stuck in non coasters I once got stuck right before the final lift up to the drop of Splash Mountain @ WDW (right by the vultures) for 45 min (years ago) and I got stuck on ToT right before the drop for about 15 min (and then got an an immediate re-ride which was great because it was after park closing already.)

I was stuck for about 2-5 minutes on The Beastie on the lift hill with my little bro.Altough it was startintg to pour rain so we hoped that theyd let us off but then they said their letting us go real fast.

EDIT:My mom just told me when i was around 5-6 on top cats taxi jam they had to stop the lift hill and reversed it to go back to the station.Although i dont remember.

The longest period of time that I have ever been stuck on a ride, was about 35 minutes, and occurred on

"Expedition Everest" at Disney's Animal Kingdom last summer. We had gone through pretty much the entire ride, when it finally stopped just shy of reentering the loading station. This made for a great opportunity for photos of the ride, since I was in a unique location to take them. However, being stuck in the hot Florida sun on what was a 90+ degree day is not fun to say the very least. We sat on the ride for just over 30 minutes before associates came and manually unlocked our seats. We only had to walk up the track a small distance to exit the ride, however another train had to be manually unlocked as well, and the people on that train had to walk down from the inside of the mountain.

This was not a total loss, everyone on the train recieved 2 fast passes each which were good at all 4 of the Disney Parks. We later used these fast passes on "Mission Space" in Epcot, saving us from having to stand in a massive line, and the other we used on Aerosmith's Rockin Roller Coaster in M.G.M. which again saved us from standing in quite a long line. So in this case, it was really more of a blessing than anything else, because it ended up saving us more time than we had lost.

m.f.

i have only been stuck on two rides

1) Adventure Express for about two or three minutes

2) the italian job for about five minutes

i am pretty sure that nether was because of block breaks because, on Adventure Express they were only running two trains and because on the italian job there can be a train in the loading station, one in the unloading station, and one right behind the one in the unloading station and we were stuck where the helicopter shoots at you.

It depends on when you rode IJST. The ride has gone through many different programs, in which the blocks have been changed. So it is possible that you were riding while one of these changes went on.

I was really little, and me and my dad were on Taxi Jam, all the other cars made it into the station so everybody else could get out, but me and my dad were in the last car, and it was just sticking like a foot or two out of the station. They wouldn't let us off though, because it was a saftey hazard, so we were stuck there for like 15 mins.

Oh, but then there was the time in 2004 that my wife and I got stuck on The Vortex for about 10 minutes while a very wet thunderstorm came and drenched us most generously! I remember thinking how cool SR&R looks through sheets of warm, summer rain. You just can't pay for that level of amusement!