One new ride- What would it be?

jcold1

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welche:

CF will not put in any ride called Banshee. That was to be to name for what is now called Mantis and was changed due to not being politically correct in CF's eyes.

http://www.rcdb.com/id7.htm

I realized they were going to call it that, hence why I suggested it. I still think it's a sweet name even though it's "a female spirit whose wail was said to foretell a death in the family." You probably shouldn't be thinking about death while on a roller coaster...

• 4 weeks later...
Name: Mama Beast

Ride: Giga Roller Coaster

Speed: 133mph. :o

Inversions: 0

Height: 460 ft. :o

Lift Hills: 1

Color of Track: A Brown track with Dark Brown Supports

Color of Trains: Brown and Pink

Height of 1st Drop: 440 ft tall

Tunnels: 5

Special Features: Tunnelised Rose Bowl, 90 degree turnsm, Over Banked Curves, Tunnels with Strobe lights and on-ride video

Oh, honestly.

Special Features: Tunnelised Rose Bowl, 90 degree turnsm, Over Banked Curves, Tunnels with Strobe lights and on-ride video

Oh, honestly.

what does that mean?

Oh, honestly.

what does that mean?

Assuming they're using it as how I use it, basically like "oh please, don't be ridiculous."

The only thing i have to say really is Strobe Lights would be a terrible choice. Think of all the lawsuits from people being thrown into seizures. Even ones who don't have epilepsy can have a seizure from strobes.

Oh, honestly.

what does that mean?

Assuming they're using it as how I use it, basically like "oh please, don't be ridiculous."

The only thing i have to say really is Strobe Lights would be a terrible choice. Think of all the lawsuits from people being thrown into seizures. Even ones who don't have epilepsy can have a seizure from strobes.

Fine no strobes i can live w/o them.

Somebody asked me one day when i was in the park how come they dont retheme the rides that look out of place. Topgun, she said needed to be back in X-base, which now does make sense with the aircraft theme back there but like i told her you would lose its wooded "valley" element. She aaid they do need to fix the "shaking" that the stopping station does when the cars come to the end.

I told her once a upon a time they were'nt. its just Paramount decided to put things in certain places, even though i said to her that it would be awesome if TR:TR,Adventure Express, and Congo Falls were all together, but i dont see that happening.

But to get back to a new ride----Yeah it seems obvious that Rivertown needs something, but what?? they would have to go back about an acre to put anything big in that part of the park or take something away. and it doesnt need anything else to go.

Top gun is old.

It is no longer one of the main attrations in the park.

Hey it just needs some TLC give it a pretty new paint job with maybe some fog and lights (like the warning signs say it already has) even better add all this when they rename it and it will get some more love.

Top Gun is fun. Short and sweet. If they did anything to it they should get Vekoma to lengthen it. take out the turn at the top of the lift hill and make a new drop leading into the expansion. Then there should be a second lift hill leading into the old first drop. This should definitely increase ridership. Many other Arrow suspendeds have two lift hills. They could even replace the trains with Vekoma's floorless suspended swinging trains.

Thats the best idea ive heard yet for Top Gun, esp the floorless trains! It really would be a new ride they could call it Top Gun's Revenge.

I know we have a LOT of coaster fans here, but I think they need a good haunted house/dark ride. They could make it like the Enchanted Voyage-a boat ride-that way the water could give you a cooler, damp, almost clammy feeling. It could be broken down into different sections-they could have an area pay homage to the great bad guys-Freddy, Jason, Dracula, Frankenstein, etc. There could also be a dungeon area, an "experiment gone awry", graveyard. About 2/3 of the way through, they could have you exit the boats and riders would have to navigate through a maze to fully exit the attraction. Considering all of the different things that scare people, the designers would only be limited by their imaginations in creating a really good, scary ride.

• 1 year later...
Guest TombraiderTy
Name: Diamondback

Type: Intamin Accelorator (Rocket)

Features: A 90 degree turn over the lake, a 100' verticle top hat, a large overbank turn that dives under the tophat.

Layout shape: L-shaped out and back.

Hills: 2 (tophat, and airtime hill before brakes.)

Theme: Snakes, old west

Colors: Green, brown.

This guy either had connections with the park or is psychic. He got the name and location right, along with the layout and theme.

Modified Raptor in X-Base with camouflage colors.

Name: Battleground.

Yeah because X-Base isnt crowded enough with FoF and Firehawk. Lets add another coaster there. Plus if KI puts in an invert I think we would all want an original layout, what Raptor South?

Seriously ride additions over the next few years, they need some good flats. Something in Coney Mall, like a Jump2, SkySwing, Sky Swatter, Energy Storm, Power Surge, or what I see as a great need a Giant Wheel!

Just my thoughts.