Bomb scare at Cedar Point

^ Well for how fast it took investigators to have a suspect in custody (8 hours), I would have to safely assume that this lone incident would not be the determining factor for the installation of detectors.

I would think it is the incidents we don't hear about that would influence the park in installing detectors.

Scary world we live in and yet there are more dangerous sickos out there than you think.I hate to hear news like this I'm just glad I feel safe when I visit Disney World,Universal,IOA,Kings Island,Sea World.

Trust me, Disney, Universal, and the like don't escape from dumb people wanting attention. I really don't get too worked up about stuff like this. Sure it's unsettling to hear about, but that won't stop me from venturing out to parks the next day. I choose not to live in fear and if something does happen when I'm in the wrong spot at the wrong time, atleast I was out there, not worrying about something going wrong at the time. :lol:

Actually at Kings Island the reason for the metal dectors is mainly because the public requested them. Well not quite requested but within one of the hundreds of surveys Kings Island does talked about strengthing park security with things such as metal dectors at the front and the majority of the public agreed that they would want them. Since Kings Island takes crowdes from Dayton and Cincinniati which at times have questionable crowds, the metal dectors make more sense than Cedar Point.

Guest kwindshawne
Scary world we live in and yet there are more dangerous sickos out there than you think.I hate to hear news like this I'm just glad I feel safe when I visit Disney World,Universal,IOA,Kings Island,Sea World.

Trust me, Disney, Universal, and the like don't escape from dumb people wanting attention. I really don't get too worked up about stuff like this. Sure it's unsettling to hear about, but that won't stop me from venturing out to parks the next day. I choose not to live in fear and if something does happen when I'm in the wrong spot at the wrong time, atleast I was out there, not worrying about something going wrong at the time. :lol:

Well said...I live the same way...

Actually at Kings Island the reason for the metal dectors is mainly because the public requested them. Well not quite requested but within one of the hundreds of surveys Kings Island does talked about strengthing park security with things such as metal dectors at the front and the majority of the public agreed that they would want them. Since Kings Island takes crowdes from Dayton and Cincinniati which at times have questionable crowds, the metal dectors make more sense than Cedar Point.

Cedar Point draws crowds from Cleveland and Detriot. That certainly could cause suspician...