Endless Summers on Ice

Beast08

The show originated at Knott's Berry Farm years ago, then emerged at Cedar Point a few years ago. Now it's nearly chain-wide. You are correct in saying that Snoopy was replaced with HBL characters. The only major difference you'll see in the show is the addition of the NASCAR scene.

I thought the Ice show was fun. It was nice and cool in the theatre and I loved Scooby and Yogi on skates!

Only drawback- if you really love to skate you might find yourself wishing that you could jump up there and skate too. LOL. Just kidding.

I think it's great for the whole family. It was well choreographed.

Ya think that they're the same characters that used to skate at Winterfest?

It would not take much to get stakes on the characters. Scooby does look new, but Yogi Bear looks older. Also who are the four stars of the show?

• 1 month later...

I've watched the show a couple times this summer. Good show, and the AC is really nice!

I have been wondering something since I've watched the show the first time. Maybe somebody asked this during the tour, or already knows: Where do the skaters go/what do they do in between shows? You've got to be in prime condition and have a certain personality to do a show like that several times a day, every day. I can't believe they just have to sit in a room somewhere or something. Anybody know?

I've watched the show a couple times this summer. Good show, and the AC is really nice!

I have been wondering something since I've watched the show the first time. Maybe somebody asked this during the tour, or already knows: Where do the skaters go/what do they do in between shows? You've got to be in prime condition and have a certain personality to do a show like that several times a day, every day. I can't believe they just have to sit in a room somewhere or something. Anybody know?

During the Q&A session during KIC day, that question was asked. Their response was that they just kind of hang out and take a nap. Doing that show takes a LOT out of them. Especially doing it several times a day, 6 days a week.

Of course, if you want to learn more about the Theatre, click here. Scott Hayward (the PT manager) was kind enough to give us a backstage tour a few years ago.

Ryan

Or at least its final curtain call for THIS season.

I, for one, would love to see it come back, perhaps slightly updated, modified and renamed! An excellent show it is.

Cedar Fair has a tendancy to have shows tour the parks. Likely anything we get will be at Cedar Point the previous year. Now, CP has ESOI and it has gone over VERY well, so will it come back next year? My sources say "who knows" but my Magic 8 balls says, "Outlook pretty darn good."

• 2 weeks later...
What the name of the cast? Anybody know?

No to sure they only say four peoples names. It was odd their where other people on stage you think they say their names also.

Hi. I work on Endless Summer on Ice this year.

The principles names are Michael Chauck (male solo), Colleen McGuire (female Solo), Greg Bonan and Gia Alteri (pair).

the other people's names aren't ever listed in a Cedar Fair Ice show because at some parks the ensemble casts are 20+ and it would take too long to say all of their names.

I have also done the Snoopy's Summer Vacation at Cedar Point in 2005 and it pretty much is the exact same show. for instance, the opening schoolhouse number has the exact same choreography. but the CP show has a Concert Scene where Snoopy goes head to head with Schroeder in a piano duel.

I believe that CP is getting a brand new show next year that is supposed to be very exciting. but i don't know much about it. i think it started at Knotts this year.

:o)

I saw this show along with its twin at Cedar Point and i give it two thumbs way up. I love the music they play in it and the performers are some of the best they have ever had in my opinion. This review is brought to you by Ebert and Jasper! :lol:

i've seen endless summer at KI and CP this year. the one at KI is much more professional.

the ice at CP seems a lot smaller and the skaters seemed extemely restricted.

i've seen the skaters between shows around the park several times.

it was great to meet them during "the event".

it's a great show but, i would rather see the shows changed annually than to watch the same one for several seasons.