Tomb Raider

King's Island Addict

Yesterday, i took one of my friends to King's Island. At first, when we wanted to ride it, Tomb Raider was closed, and when we eventually got on it, it was dissapointing. There was no music/sound. Its not not as fun without the sound effects and music as your flipping around.

Does anybody know a reason why there wouldn't be sound, because when we were boarding and exiting, there was the normal music, but not during, if anybody else went, was it mabye just on that particular cycle, or was it like that everytime?

Anytime something breaks or doesnt run right on Tomb Raider, they unplug it instead of fixing it.

Example:

Sparker

Foggers

Water that dripped in Ice Field

Misters

Steemers

Incondecent paint (the Paint that would glow that has gradually worn off)

Eyes that used to move and change color

Blacklights

Water Jets

Steam Blasts

Many Lights that have burned out

Many Speakers that have blown

Any sound effects that go wrong get disabled

Why do you people spell Kings Island, like this King's Island. It's KINGS without an '. Sorry off my soap box now.

Maybe that's why they are no sound, maybe all the speakers blew. Sounds like to me they may be trying things to figure out how they will retheme it.

Why do you people spell Kings Island, like this King's Island. It's KINGS without an '. Sorry off my soap box now.

Maybe that's why they are no sound, maybe all the speakers blew. Sounds like to me they may be trying things to figure out how they will retheme it.

What the real question is is why are we an Island in the first place. We should be Kings Farmland/Forests. There really is a giant body of water around to be called an "Island".

That's what I thought. Maybe that's why they have turned off the sound on IJ:ST, if that's the case, I'll be there thursday so we'll see what's working and what's not.

Well IJST has no sounds in the cars, cause people couldn't get there greedy hands off them, and destroyed them. So all because of some stupid people they are no sound for the rest of us on IJST. I guess they figured if they replaced then they would be damaged again. Makes you wonder why they didn't put them in the seat back behind you or something. It would have made it more difficult to destroy them.

gah i liked tomb raider in the beginning, but lately it has really sucked. its lost its themes, and it seems shorter than it used to be... anyone else notice that. i miss the mist and water drops too, and that in its original runs you could choose the row, instead of being directed to one. it seems abruptyl cut off at the end though, anyone else notice that? i really liked it when it came out, and it relaly went downhill when they once youve locked the bar down pull it down tighter once it starts. that hurts the unmentionables for the males riding...

TR does seem shorter lately.

I went last Tuesday and the sound was off. The ride is a lot less enveloping without the sound. The only thing that made the ride good was sitting in the far left seat in the second row.

I'm beginning to think that TR:TR is starting to see its last days.

Well IJST has no sounds in the cars, cause people couldn't get there greedy hands off them, and destroyed them. So all because of some stupid people they are no sound for the rest of us on IJST. I guess they figured if they replaced then they would be damaged again. Makes you wonder why they didn't put them in the seat back behind you or something. It would have made it more difficult to destroy them.

It's funny -- you say that but it's the park's responsibility to make sure that the "greedy hands" of guests can't access things that can apparently so easily be destroyed. Oddly enough, two other Paramount Parks have WORKING models of IJ:ST. Are the guests' hands less "greedy" at the other parks? Probably not. Let's face the facts, IJ:ST, at KI simply isn't maintained the way that it really should be. I don't know if they have the wrong people in the wrong positions or if it's simply a money issue, but the fact of the matter is, the exact same rides are done right at other parks.

Guest kwindshawne

My take on the whole thing?? I think TR is probably horribly expensive to maintain and run and maybe due to all the problems, maybe they are considering removal, or something more cost efficient? I have ridden it twice and didn't care for it. Nexium is a must on this one...

I rode TR:TR yesterday and while the ride seemed to be a little longer than usual, there were no sounds or effects to speak of. I was wondering if the sound is gone becuase of it not being a "Paramount" park anymore. If I remember, there were sound bytes of John Voight talking about the movie throughout the ride especially at the end. I don't imagine thay can use those anymore. As well as the pre-show movie. Just a thought.

I did not like the ride at all without the sound effects. Even if the dripping water, sparks, water/lava spouts and all don't work it needs sound.... doesn't seem like it would be that difficult to make a new sound track...even if it was just music... what thinks you?

I went to Kings Island this last Friday and went on TR:TR and was disappointed also. The video at the beginning (which I'm surprise they still have) was longer than the ride. I rode on it like a year or so after it had opened and I remembered all that stuff with the water and mist and the statue talking (except I think that time there was something wrong with the video). We did like four stops and that was it; I was so sad that my cousins from Colorado didn't get to see it in its full glory. I also wished that I had gotten to ride IJST when it opened, I didn't get to have all the sounds when I rode it - even the water spray wasn't working there after the tunnel.

I never understood Paramount's apparent obsession with not maintaining themeing, and I fail to understand Cedar Fair's obsession with not maintaining themeing.

Spend the money, fix the themeing. Expensive or not, they are blatantly skimping on the guest experience, which has not gone unnoticed by the general public.

Food prices are horrible too...but that's another thread.