New SOB logo?

DropZone99

Almost certainly not. It'll probably be just the same logo without the loop.

You guys may recall that after they announced the removal of the loop, the park borrowed some photos from us which were of SOB, but did NOT feature the loop. I guess it comes down to not wanting to falsly advertise.

That's not good business if you ask me. You shouldn't be selling new SOB merchandise when the ride isn't even opened yet.

I think this might be one of the stupidest comments I have ever heard.

Does this mean when Firehawk goes down, KI should stop selling Firehawk merchandise?

Obviously you don't know anything about business if you believe in that.

That's not good business if you ask me. You shouldn't be selling new SOB merchandise when the ride isn't even opened yet.

On the whole scale of things, does it really matter?

People don't have to buy it if they choose not to. They can see that the ride is SBNO.

I would rather see the park concentrate on trying of fix SoB's issues than worry about petty things like this.

Even when I went down to BGE (when it was BGW) back in 2000 they still were selling "Fear the Five" T-shirts that included Drachen Fire. And DF closed in the summer of '99 and never re-opened.

I think this might be one of the stupidest comments I have ever heard.

Does this mean when Firehawk goes down, KI should stop selling Firehawk merchandise?

Obviously you don't know anything about business if you believe in that.

Well of course it isn't from a profit standpoint. I'm not a complete moron. I was speaking more from an ethical/moral standpoint. It just feels dishonest to me.

^ How are they being dishonest?

There has not been a press release stating that there is an opening date.

I don't know how the park has lead anyone on as to if it is even going to re-open at all.

I'm sure if you ask any employee of the park, the common response would be something like: "The loop was taken out, there has been talk of it opening possibly in July."

Not to mention that with the ACE convention last week, I am willing to bet that those that were in attendence (and those specific people know as much as we do- unlike the general public) spent the most money on SoB merchandising.

I don't see how selling pressed coins of a ride not in operation is dishonest/unethical. Now ask me about selling Kings Island parking passes on the website without mentioning that you MUST have a Cedar Fair season pass from an OHIO park, and continuing to do so long after being informed of this omission. Ask me about trying to not even refund the money paid for the season parking pass that they wouldn't process.

Now THAT would be dishonest/unethical. If they were to do something like that, that is...

Well of course it isn't from a profit standpoint. I'm not a complete moron. I was speaking more from an ethical/moral standpoint. It just feels dishonest to me.

You must have never been to a six flags park then lol...I think dishonesty would be if they were advertising a brand new 10 looping coaster "now open" then when people pull up to the gates...NOTHING!! Just because coaster isn't working doesnt mean the park shouldn't stop selling things that pertain to that coaster/ride. So how do you feel about a park selling stuff about an atttraction they announced for the next year?

I guess my biggest problem is the fact that people were injured on the ride. I just doesn't seem right to me to be selling merchandise for a ride that injured people if you haven't determined if it will ever be safe again. Obviously I'd like to see it re-open but until it is deemed safe again I don't feel like selling merchandise for it is appropriate.

Selling promotional items for "coming attractions" would be something I'd actually love to see. It might mean we would know about the new rides earlier than usual.

You must have never been to a six flags park then lol...I think dishonesty would be if they were advertising a brand new 10 looping coaster "now open" then when people pull up to the gates...NOTHING!! Just because coaster isn't working doesnt mean the park shouldn't stop selling things that pertain to that coaster/ride. So how do you feel about a park selling stuff about an atttraction they announced for the next year?

This would be different from running ads that feature a coaster whose opening has been delayed while not mentioning the delay exactly how? I just want to see der fairness in this.

I guess my biggest problem is the fact that people were injured on the ride. I just doesn't seem right to me to be selling merchandise for a ride that injured people if you haven't determined if it will ever be safe again.

So we should go back to prohibition and outlaw alcohol? We know that is in the hands of the wrong people, it is unsafe.

McDonald's? We know that it is unhealthy.

NFL? We know there are career threatening and potentially life threatening injuries.

Walking across the street? We know people get hit by cars everyday.

There are many things that will or can hurt us. Yet we still do them. Granted, nobody wants injuries, especially again at KI and on SoB.

If the park came out saying that the ride was going to be: greater than ever, new and improved, or the greatest wooden coaster ever, I would agree with you. But the park has been very, very quiet about everything. If it was not for enthusiast events, we would know less than we do now. I believe that the last press release about SoB was back in mid- Demember.

T-Shirts & pressed coins are nothing to be read into.

This would be different from running ads that feature a coaster whose opening has been delayed while not mentioning the delay exactly how? I just want to see der fairness in this.

1: the coaster is built but there is a delay

2: coaster advertised as opening this season and when you pull up no signs of a coaster...

I figured it would have been easy to understand when I stated "when people pull up to the gates...NOTHING!!" as in no coaster at all... ;)

I believe that the last press release about SoB was back in mid- Demember.

Browntggrr,

I hope they didn't mid-Demember anyone on the last press release, that would really hurt. :lol:

I know what you meant and was just throwing that out there as a joke, typos can be fun at times.

I will agree I don't see any harm and it definitely isn't bad for business, if anything it would be good for business. If some people want to buy SOB memorbilia and it isn't even running, more power to them. It still brings in money for the park.

who cares if a park is selling merchandise for a roller coaster that might not open?

They started selling Maverick merchandise before it was even done being built!

and was see der fairness suposed to be a pun, or were you just disguising what you were actually saying?

or did you mean both?