Meet the Nicktoons, Son of Beast and More!

It's summer time, and Kings Island is in full swing! This past Saturday, the park debuted what we consider to be the best kept secret of the five live shows debuting this year. Meet the Nicktoons isn't your average meet and greet, it's a full blown celebration of summer! Nickelodeon characters are on hand live at 5:00 daily to interact with the children, pose for photos, and give out a lot of hugs... of course, not until after a brilliantly choreographed dance routine with all of your favorite Nickelodeon characters. So join Dora, Diego, Blue, Patrick, SpongeBob & friends at the International Bandstand, located near the Eiffel Tower, daily at 5:00!

Also, while you're in the mood to relax, don't forget to check out the Endless Summer on Ice in the Paramount Theater, Hot Island Rhythms which is also located at the International Bandstand, Dora's Sing-a-Long -- which is another kids' favorite at the Nickelodeon Theater in Nickelodeon Universe, and of course Twistin' to the 60s, which is set to debut this Saturday in the International Showplace!

It's been almost a year since we have seen Son of Beast make a cycle full of riders. We were on hand to get our first official photos of Son of Beast's new trains being tested on the track. Both trains were loaded with water dummies and were parked in different portions of the course. Of course, there has be no official word of Son of Beast's reopening, however this certain seems to be a big glimmer of hope!

Now that Kings Island closes daily at 10:00, it means that the park closes with a bang... or several bangs in this case! Every night that Kings Island closes at 10:00 or later, the day is ended with an amazing Fireworks Spectacular presented by Kings Island and Rozzy's Famous Fireworks. This tradition dates back to the old days of Coney Island and we are thrilled that Cedar Fair is keeping it up!

To see photos of Meet the Nicktoons, Son of Beast trains, Fireworks Spectacular & more click here to be linked to our latest update. Don't forget to keep checking Kings Island Central for the latest, news, rumors, photos, and everything else to do with Kings Island amusement park!

Best Regards,

Ryan, Dane & Ronny

It's summer time, and Kings Island is in full swing! This past Saturday, the park debuted what we consider to be the best kept secret of the five live shows debuting this year. Meet the Nicktoons isn't your average meet and greet, it's a full blown celebration of summer! Nickelodeon characters are on hand live at 5:00 daily to interact with the children, pose for photos, and give out a lot of hugs... of course, not until after a brilliantly choreographed dance routine with all of your favorite Nickelodeon characters. So join Dora, Diego, Blue, Patrick, SpongeBob & friends at the International Bandstand, located near the Eiffel Tower, daily at 5:00!

Also, while you're in the mood to relax, don't forget to check out the Endless Summer on Ice in the Paramount Theater, Hot Island Rhythms which is also located at the International Bandstand, Dora's Sing-a-Long -- which is another kids' favorite at the Nickelodeon Theater in Nickelodeon Universe, and of course Twistin' to the 60s, which is set to debut this Saturday in the International Showplace!

It's been almost a year since we have seen Son of Beast make a cycle full of riders. We were on hand to get our first official photos of Son of Beast's new trains being tested on the track. Both trains were loaded with water dummies and were parked in different portions of the course. Of course, there has be no official word of Son of Beast's reopening, however this certain seems to be a big glimmer of hope!

Now that Kings Island closes daily at 10:00, it means that the park closes with a bang... or several bangs in this case! Every night that Kings Island closes at 10:00 or later, the day is ended with an amazing Fireworks Spectacular presented by Kings Island and Rozzy's Famous Fireworks. This tradition dates back to the old days of Coney Island and we are thrilled that Cedar Fair is keeping it up!

To see photos of Meet the Nicktoons, Son of Beast trains, Fireworks Spectacular & more click here to be linked to our latest update. Don't forget to keep checking Kings Island Central for the latest, news, rumors, photos, and everything else to do with Kings Island amusement park!

Best Regards,

Ryan, Dane & Ronny

Looks like a fun time indeed.

^ Great pics!

I especially like the ones of BGE. That is one of a very few parks that I just don't care how much money it costs to get in or how much food costs. Everything is just beautiful, and the food is fantastic.

I'm getting itchy to go again. You should do a trip report.

Also- When I logged on this morning and saw the new picture of Jimmy Neutron, Diego, Dora, SB, and Patrick it hit me.

PITTSBURGH CHEATERS OFFENSIVE LINE!

Ahhh, Training camp is 5 weeks away!

I haven't seen Dino since the late 90's out at KI. I'm not sure what they are doing, I'm wondering if it has something to with the ice show? But I doubt it as Dino isn't in it, just Yogi and Scooby. But I wonder if somehow though the show rights give them rights to use all of the HB Charters if the choose to do so.

HB doesn't own the rights anymore and so KI can use the HB characters to whatever discretion they want. Usually the HB characters are only seen in the picnic groves, walking around and saying hi to people while they're eating. This is due mostly because they picnic grove shelters are still HB themed and so it's fitting for the characters to be there. Since the front gate area has no theme, it's not uncommon to also see an HB character there from time to time. But it has nothing to do with the ice show or anything like that... sometimes the Entertainment Department likes to mix things up a bit, and bring back the good ole days!

HB doesn't own the rights, but Time Warner DOES! They are NOT in the public domain. Scooby, for instance, comes to the park by way of an agreement with Sally, the manufacturer of portions of Scooby and the Haunted Castle.

In fact, one reason that KI switched to Nick is the HB agreement was at its end...

Well although I do not have ALL the facts, like Inter seems to have, I can positively say that whatever agreement KI has with the owners of the rights to the HB characters, it is a very flexible one. HB characters are free to do just about anything in the park, as long as they are not seen with any Nick character.

Warners Bros. Owns Hanna-Barbera just go to their website(WB.com) Hanna-Barbera Characters(Flintstones,Jetsons,Yogi Bear,Scooby-Doo) and Looney Tunes are all over it.

I know the contract KI had with Hanna-Barbera was to end in 2003.

Please tell me that you know that the Warner in Time Warner is Warner Brothers.

I got the see meet the nicktoons... Very good job to the ENT. It was fun to see the kids smiling, laughing and just having a good time! I know my sister, who has downs syndrome, had the time of life seeing the nick toons live in person! Thanks KI and awesome show!!! -Hauntguy

Yes my daughter and her friend (both almost 7) enjoyed the show as well. Here is a 23 second sneak preview for your enjoyment.

<object width="640" height="527"><param name="movie" value="http://avatar.phanfare.com/video/2;19910589;"></param><param'>http://avatar.phanfare.com/video/2;19910589;"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://avatar.phanfare.com/video/2;19910589;" width="640" height="527" wmode="transparent"></embed></object>

Also a note to KICentral members; make sure if you are going to stand to watch this show please make sure you are not blocking the view of the small children the show is geared for them. I am sure you will get just as much enjoyment from watching the small children reacting to the show as you will from watching the show itself.

Yeah. My family wanted to go this weekend, but I urged them not to. I want to go after SoB opens so I can see if its improved. I liked it before, but I got so bruised up it wasn't funny. Plus, they wanted to go on a Saturday, which seems very inopportune as far as lines go. I think I've convinced them that Tuesdays or Wednesdays are better. I do enjoy going during Fear Fest, and not just for the attractions. The temperature is much more bearable, the scenery is great, the trees are pretty, and I usually find short lines for all of the coasters and other rides during Fear Fest. When I had season passes, I would go on one of the Nick-Or-Treat only days so I could ride all of the rides with short lines.

You guys are making me so pumped for when I do finally go. I can't wait! (Although I will, hopefully until after SoB opens.)