SFKK: Girl Injured in Accident

Girl's Feet Cut Off At Six Flags

POSTED: 5:53 pm EDT June 21, 2007

UPDATED: 6:05 pm EDT June 21, 2007

Email This Story | Print This Story

LOUISVILLE, Ky. -- Police confirmed that a girl's feet have been cut off at Six Flags' Kentucky Kingdom.

Officials said they got the call around 5 p.m. Thursday and both her feet were detached at the ankle.

According to MetroSafe dispatch supervisors, the girl was riding the Superman Tower of Power, which is 177 feet tall and drops riders at 54 miles per hour. According to Kentucky Kingdom, the girl was injured when the ride malfunctioned.

NewsChannel 32 and WLKY.com will have more details as they're available.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest faceoff

This is very sad news and i hope the girl will be okay and feet are able to be re-attached and be

walking after proper treatment and re-hab. How long does everybody think it will be before her

parents hire a attorney and start a lawsuit? I bet not very long. :(

I didn't see anything gruesome in the video, unless you are referring to the accident in general. This is so terrible, I just don't understand what happened, and to think about the people that had witness this. There must be many like the woman at the end of the WLKY story. :(

I too am very interested in knowing how this happened. Some of the videos on local news stations show people working around car three which faces the waterpark. The piece of blue hardware that attaches to the cable and lifts the car up can be seen clearly in the video for cars 2-4 at the top of the tower. The side of the tower with cars 1 and 5 cannot be seen.

If my memory serves me right there is only one cable attached to the blue piece of hardware. One would assume from these observations that the cable did not snap or atleast did not snap completely.

What are everyone thoughts?