SFKK: Girl Injured in Accident

Guest faceoff

I agree,that statement was not a good thing to say. I have faith that she will be okay. With

today's medical science and treatment-after time she will be okay. I know if this was me-i would

be right back at the park,as soon as i could. This sunday-6/24/07/ i will be at my home park

(kennywood). They have a intamin free fall ride-270 feet tall. I will have no concerns about

riding.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think a few people may be missing Woofer's reference...he's making fun of the other thread (and, thus, all of us on the board <g>) going on a few weeks back where people were complaining about the physically challenged getting to board rides without waiting in the full line. I'm confident he wasn't making light of what happened to that poor girl...

I think a few people may be missing Woofer's reference...he's making fun of the other thread (and, thus, all of us on the board <g>) going on a few weeks back where people were complaining about the physically challenged getting to board rides without waiting in the full line. I'm confident he wasn't making light of what happened to that poor girl...

Jzarley, did I ever tell you how smart you are?

...he's making fun of the other thread (and, thus, all of us on the board <g>) going on a few weeks back where people were complaining about the physically challenged getting to board rides without waiting in the full line.

You know, I never get annoyed at the handicapped ability to go up the exit ramp...i think they deserve a little special treatment since life is much harder for them then us, seriously...but I do always get annoyed at the Gold Pass people when im in a long line and they walk by smiling...never raging mad, but just a nagging annoyance in the back of my mind lol :lol:

And seriously, that really bites for the girl and her family. I hope she will be ok.

Actually it's true, they did have a bat phone that was installed between Drop Zone and Flight of Fear. Something about if FoF launching and Drop Zone going up at the same time didn't work. I believe both rides shut down. I believe they were on the same power supply. It wasn't the electricity though for the brakes on DZ though, as even if the power failed as soon as DZ dropped it would still stop. But it takes extra power to pull it up thru the brakes. Notice how DZ picks up speed once it's over the brakes when it goes up.

I have just returned from a baseball trip to Louisville and we drove by there evryday including the one day where her legs got severed. This is truly a horrible accident and i hope the nothing like this will ever happen again. I rode the ride back when it was hellavator and it was almost a better drop than Drop Zone and it seemed like it went a lot quicker and a lot faster. My prayers go out to her and her family.

Hi everyone, I'm an Indianapolis IN resident who's a regular at Kings Island (i've been at the park before and after the paramount era more times than I can count), and been to Six flags Kentucky Kingdom 3 times.

My thoughts is this is horrible. And sadley, it doesn't suprise me. I went to Kentucky Kingdom when it was "kentucky Kingdom: the Thrill Park" and 2 times after they were "Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom". What once was an awesome amusement park with a lot of potential has now been neglected and ignored by Six Flags. I honeslty belive that Six flags completly neglected all maintence since they took over (hence the sudden dissaperance of "the vampire" a signature roller coster) and thats exactly why the Hellavator caused a little girl to loose her legs.

I really really really hope the legs can be surgically reattached. The poor girl just wanted a day of fun at an amusement park.

Hi everyone, I'm an Indianapolis IN resident who's a regular at Kings Island (i've been at the park before and after the paramount era more times than I can count), and been to Six flags Kentucky Kingdom 3 times.

My thoughts is this is horrible. And sadley, it doesn't suprise me. I went to Kentucky Kingdom when it was "kentucky Kingdom: the Thrill Park" and 2 times after they were "Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom". What once was an awesome amusement park with a lot of potential has now been neglected and ignored by Six Flags. I honeslty belive that Six flags completly neglected all maintence since they took over (hence the sudden dissaperance of "the vampire" a signature roller coster) and thats exactly why the Hellavator caused a little girl to loose her legs.

I really really really hope the legs can be surgically reattached. The poor girl just wanted a day of fun at an amusement park.

That's great! Did you notify the authorities that the investigation can stop now?

Not exactly what I meant, but I guess you can take it whatever way you want. I'm just saying it doesn't surprise me, but I'm not saying I know exactly what caused that cable to snap. I'm just saying if anyone's been to Kentucky Kingdom recently they'd understand that the feeling of the place is unsafe. Seems like everythings broken down all the time!

Not exactly what I meant, but I guess you can take it whatever way you want. I'm just saying it doesn't surprise me, but I'm not saying I know exactly what caused that cable to snap. I'm just saying if anyone's been to Kentucky Kingdom recently they'd understand that the feeling of the place is unsafe. Seems like everythings broken down all the time!

Maybe you should read some of the prior postings before diving right in man.

Just a thought

I don't like when people knock other parks. Six Flags KK is a good park with good rides and water park. It's unfortunate and sad that someone got hurt at amusement park of this size. I hope that everything works out ok for the family of the injured and I hope the park removes the ride and puts in a S&S tower.

I may be way off base here, but I would think it would be a given that KK would remove this ride. I know that is extreme, but I can't believe that the negative connotation related to this ride could ever be overcome.

yea i've been to the park multiple times.. even shadowed the pres. jay thomas for a day in april right before opening and he's actually working his butt off to get SF to bring that place back up. and he's doing a pretty good job himself (if you compare the park now to.. 2 or 3 years ago when he first started there). as far as maintenance goes though it's pretty hard to tell how much really goes on (even the "safest" parks have accidents sometimes. but an employee skipping out on an inspection wouldn't be that hard.. just a signature on a paper and they're pretty much good to go. can't trust everyone.. although i'm not saying their crew is bad.. or that they caused the accident. we just don't know

another SBNO ride at KI now.

This is very sad sad news. I pray deeply for the girl and her friends and family. Could you imagine how it must feel. To think that SHE STOOD in line for that to happen. And it might be the last time that she ever will. This is very very sad. The ride should be destroyed.

m.f.21

I wonder why it is taking so long to reopen our Drop Zone. I'm glad that they are inspecting it to make sure that it is safe, but I hope that this doesn't mean that there is a problem with it.

Given the extra lengths that Cedar Fair has gone to ensure safety on the Son of Beast. I would not be too surprised to see it shut down for a while. But we will all have to wait and see.

another SBNO ride at KI now.

This is very sad sad news. I pray deeply for the girl and her friends and family. Could you imagine how it must feel. To think that SHE STOOD in line for that to happen. And it might be the last time that she ever will. This is very very sad. The ride should be destroyed.

m.f.21

No offense, but I was just wondering why did you quote me?

Plus, Cedar Fair has gone through great lengths to make sure that SOB is safe, but if they found that it was ok to open the other Drop Zones, and having found nothing wrong with the KI one, why would they keep it closed longer? Any I hope DZ is ok and opens in a short amount of time.