SFKK: Girl Injured in Accident

Perhaps saving was not the correct term.

I should have said "lowball".

Instead of lowballing the family, give them what they want so the issue does not keep coming up and SF continues to lose customers.

I don't think any of us know the facts around this well enough to make that kind of assumption.

I've evaluated and determined the value of injuries for going on 10 years now. (Oh Man!)

There are so many factors that may never be known to the public.

I'm not certain how you assume that anyone is being "lowballed."

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ You are probably right.

I just can't see a legitimate reason for the family not to have been compensated yet.

Rarely, Rarely, Rarely are any medical bills paid until an injury release is obtained or litigation is resolved.

No General Damages (Also Known as General Damages) are paid until the loss is resolved.

And the insurer(s), not just the defendant(s), gets to decide if the matter is settled. The insurance company(ies) also provides the defense, and must carefully consider any offers to settle that are within the policy limits, or not do so at its/their peril.

Kentucky is not that tricky in dealing with Bad Faith issues.

But yes, that's a concern.

You never want to risk opening up the policy. (translation - risk paying more than the policy limits)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I just find it interesting that the park seems to have known they had the wrong cables on the ride for 4 years prior to the accident. Yet even though SFKK knew they had the wrong cables they continued to opperate the ride for 4 years. Sounds like neglegence on SFKK part to me. I believe thats the correct legal term.

Its like using the spare tire your car comes with, slapping it on and driving over 55mph and putting 5,000 miles on the spare, yet you sue the manufacturer when it blows, flips your car and kills 10 people on the highway. Hey you knew it was right, but just ignore it and continue on because your too cheap to buy a new tire.

I just find it interesting that the park seems to have known they had the wrong cables on the ride for 4 years prior to the accident. Yet even though SFKK knew they had the wrong cables they continued to opperate the ride for 4 years. Sounds like neglegence on SFKK part to me. I believe thats the correct legal term.

Its like using the spare tire your car comes with, slapping it on and driving over 55mph and putting 5,000 miles on the spare, yet you sue the manufacturer when it blows, flips your car and kills 10 people on the highway. Hey you knew it was right, but just ignore it and continue on because your too cheap to buy a new tire.

And this is what the courts are going to look at and decide.

Now may be the time to watch how this plays out.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...