SOB TESTING

specialk141

Well i think the should just test it from 7am.-12am.

And 5,000 is way to many 500 is a resonable number.

Hopefully SOB will open soon.

I am guessing it'll open in the next 1-2 weeks.

=]

Why not 7am-7am? A full days worth? It would open in half the time.

And 500 seems way to small. It took it 5 years for the wear and tear of the old cars to show up. 500 cycles just seems like way to little. At least for my comfort.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But also keep in mind that when Maverick at Cedar Point closed to replace the track and had to undergo new testing, it only took them a couple days to re-test...in fact, I thought someone said on a CP fansite that someone at CP told them it was a 1,000 hours of testing or something which was *cumulative* for all the trains!?

i.e. it wasn't a 1,000 "real time" hours, but 1,000 hours combined from all the trains being tested, so who knows?? But didn't Kinzel say at CoasterMania he thought SOB would be open by July 4th?? So let's keep our fingers crossed and see how the next weeks goes...

I have a strong fealing that SOB will open on July 4th.

Im just thinking how long the line will be???

Alot of people will not ride it because everyone thinks people died on it last July, but alot of people love that ride so it could be long.

I have a strong fealing that SOB will open on July 4th.

Im just thinking how long the line will be???

Alot of people will not ride it because everyone thinks people died on it last July, but alot of people love that ride so it could be long.

I'm most def riding it....

and i don't think many people will care what happened last year, it's been fixed and everything

If it's been fixed "and everything," there would be no need for testing....

Remember, testing can and sometimes does reveal problems. Or, as your parents no doubt taught you in somewhat different language, let's not count our Sonnys before they pass...

Ya that's true. Knowing the SOB it will probally stop woring the day it opens or something....

I dunno if I will ride it again. I mean, the first time I rode it, it was so fast and rough I felt like I'd been hit by a mack truck. And I was doubled over the bars the whole time... the ORP shows it (reason I didn't buy it). I think I had bruises for a month... (genetic thing)

deb

I dunno if I will ride it again. I mean, the first time I rode it, it was so fast and rough I felt like I'd been hit by a mack truck. And I was doubled over the bars the whole time... the ORP shows it (reason I didn't buy it). I think I had bruises for a month... (genetic thing)

deb

I've never ridden it because, honestly, looking at the train go down that first drop scares the crap out of me and I've never gotten up the guts to get on it. With all of these problems and everything I've heard, I may never get on it.

You should go on it, it is a great ride.

It's kinda tall and fast well it is the tallest fastest wooden roller coaster.

But it is awesome, and nothing to be scared of.

My friends keep telling me the same thing. However, I was a massive coaster phobe until 99 and some of them still scare me.

How could you have been in so much pain from the first drop out of the station? The worst part was the rose bowl with it came to roughness.

Also they have done some testing since Thursday. On Thursday the train was in the station and today it was sitting in the Ready's. But it didn't seem like anything was going on, but with it being a Sunday may have had something to do with it.

Don't put a jinx on Sonny.

To put a jinx on SoB now would indicate that it has not been jinxed as of yet.

And quite honestly, this has been the worst ride KI has seen since The Bat was around in the early 80's.

It would be great to see SoB operate again, but the over/ under is not in it's favor.

How could you have been in so much pain from the first drop out of the station? The worst part was the rose bowl with it came to roughness.

All I remember is being doubled over... and hurting. I'm nearly 5'10", and back then I was lucky to weigh a buck twenty. I've got leftover baby weight now (he's 6 months) so it might be different. And I think I was like 2 weeks postpartum the last time I rode it.... *shrug* That COULD have something to do with it.

deb

^SBNO for 2007. Re-opened in '08.

While Paramount did many things to make SoB an attractive ride for all guests, none were successful. I honestly don't believe that they would have removed the loop, nor do I believe that they would have torn it down either.

Given the same circumstances that CF has dealt with over the last year, IMO Paramount would have fixed the problem with the cracking of the supports, but changed nothing else.

But hey, that's all fantasyland speculation. It doesn't mean diddly-squat now.