SOB TESTING

specialk141

^ I am going to guess that a majority of the testing takes place after the park closes. If the bulk of the testing were to be going on during hours the park is open, it would cause commotion from those who are not geek-like enthusiasts like us (you know you are! :lol: ). You can just imagine the comments from guests that want to tride it: "It's running, I want to get on!", "I paid for the right to be on that ride, let me on", etc. In our eyes, those are terrible arguements. But for the general public, all they see is the train cycling on the tracks.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also they tested SOB last August after the repairs were made to the Rose Bowl. So saying that don't test during the day is not true. Also they have been some people who have seen SOB test with the new trains. So they have tested while the park has been open. They are probably still making minor adjustments to the trains/track as to why they haven't been more consent testing.

~Son of Beast Testing Update 6/26~

I was at KI from 10-6:30 today, I sat on a bench in some shade, gladly watching Son of Beast run several (at least 5) test cycles. I have never been so happy to hear the loud roar of a chain in my life. I saw at least 10 test cycles throughout the day (Me and a friend kept our eyes on the ride throughout the day.) They have added a new, redesigned Son of Beast logo on the front the the train, with the words 'Kings Island' on the bottom, much like Firehawk. There was only one train that we could see on the track today (with six, two-row cars, as said before). One thing that concerned me a little is that the trains would screech loudly on the top of the hill and going into the station, but maybe they just aren't broken-into yet.

Also, there were not only water dummies in the train, but real people riding the ride as well! They were wearing white shirts and trying to stay VERY still, to try to blend in with the water dummies, but from Top Gun's exit you could clearly tell that 4 people were in the first car. We kind of waited by the exit of the ride for a while, hoping to catch the white-shirted testers on their way out, to ask them how their ride was (if they would even answer), but they left in a service truck. There were several employees in the station, including the white-shirted testers, the CF blue-tie people, regular ride ops, and several mechanics.

We could also hear the "Welcome back riders../secure loose articles" spiel playing in the station, which just got me wanting to ride SOB even more. From what I could see, the ride still seems to FLY down the first hill and around the second helix, which made me happy, because I was fearing that the ride would be too slow due to more breaks and lighter trains. I CAN NOT WAIT to get back on Sonny, especially after seeing him up and running again! An employee said that he was told the ride should open some time in July if all goes well, but Guest Relations would not speculate at all.

Wow i haven't been this excited in a long time.

The people in the train where probably CF mananger people.

And they're probably riding it to make sure it's not to dangerous, because you can't really tell how the ride is by putting test dummies in the train.

I think that SOB is ready to open up, but they're waiting for the right time to open it.

[Alot of people go on July 4th.]

=]

I am 110% positive that there were 4 people on the ride. I would bet my lunch on it. I was with Beastfan11, and he will also confirm this. My guess is that they were some experts on the ride. They rode the ride at least two or three times, and one time after they got off, a mechanic started walking the track, my guess would be to inspect a rough area that the testers had. Sorry that I don't have photo proof, I didn't have a camera, or a camera phone, and I wasn't about to buy one in the park. You'll just have to take my word for it. :D Seeing people on the ride, and hearing the loading spiel made me extremely excited!

I was also at the park on 6/26 and watched several test runs. I also could've swore I saw people on it with the test dummies but wasn't sure. Son of Beast probably ran at least 10 cycles that I witnessed if not more. I also got a good look at the logo on the front of the train but couldn't get my camera phone to snap a photo in time. It was great hearing the roar of the chain lift again.

I wonder if there will be some sort of a soft opening for Son of Beast, to get an idea of the public's opinion on the ride before re-opening it or deciding if it even should reopen, or to see if it needs some more tweaking. Of course, this would have to be after all the inspections and testing is completed.

Sounds great! We're going on Sunday for Joe's 5th birthday (but we prob won't be riding large coasters that day) and more than likely we'll be there on Mon the 2nd too... a couple who were are friends with wants to go, it's the only day that they have. After receiving the newsletter a bit ago in my inbox, I'm trying to get there on Tuesday, too, so we can see the great fireworks display and be in on the fun for the 4th. We'll be in town on Wednesday, though, we have a family picnic on the 4th and go to the city fireworks display every year. If I know that SoB will be running shortly after the 4th, we might take a trip back AGAIN just to ride it... I'm gonna be hurtin' for certain but I'll get over it. GO SoB!!!

deb

Well, if there is any of that, people need to be posting that asap!! Like literally from their Blackberrys while in the queue!

I will take my sidekick like before...

hopefully I am going to go back sometime this week, if not early next week.

Every time I go, they don't test it. Maybe I'm bad luck :(