Going for Slingshot

iChase

I've ridden every coaster and thrill ride a KI at least four times. This being said I'm still freaking about getting on Slingshot. It makes me nervous just looking at it. I don't know what it is. I don't have any problem with DZ or any of the other flat rides. But there's just something about Slingshot.

I finally made up my mind. I'm going to do it. Especially since it's temporarily $5 every day. I really need to push myself on it.

Anyone have any tips or input? I could use a bit of comforting. :rolleyes:

Here's what I would say as someone who rode it by losing a bet the first time, AND as someone who hates Drop Zone/freefall rides and would NEVER dream of riding SkyCoaster....I actually liked it!!

I thought it was similar to Delirium in a way...not a lot of negative-g's...I agree with keeping your head against the headrest, but the launch is *VERY* fast and breezy and you mostly see sky/a blur....now coming back down is a different story, but you're not coming down as fast like DZ, and the flips are an absolute blast!! I mean, it all goes pretty fast, and your point of view is constantly changing (like Delirium) so it's a different thrill than like DZ...my girlfriend knows the technique to get it to flip like a billion times, but I dunno what it is...I think like try leaning forward in a sumersault fashion?

Anyway, the worst part was the "rest period" and getting lowered back down, but I just look ahead and talk to my girlfriend or however I'm riding with...like I said, it's really not that bad...I think DZ is worse...so good luck and if you ride it tomorrow be sure to post your review back here!!

Sling Shot is an awesome ride. I rode it only once, but loved every second of it - even though I screamed and screamed. Enjoy the ride!

I only rode it once, could not get up the nerve to say no to my best friend and no one else in our group would go with her on it. HOWEVER, that is one of my fav's at the park, really loved every minute of it. Definitely a recommend for any thrill seeker

does everyone know that you can buy as many $5 tickets as you want and save them for later? Me and one of my friends did that and went back later when the prices were higher with a shorter wait. You can do the same thing with the Sky Coaster. Just thought I'd say that in case someone didn't know. :)

How different is SlingShot from say, Power Tower on the side that launches you up? I guess it's more intense because it is much different. After riding TTD last Tuesday I feel like I can ride any ride without hesitation, except for Drop Zone and especially SlingShot.

• 11 months later...