Pki Might Have A New Park!

beastdude

Well does anyone know if they have any more concept pictures of the park. Paramount did have a park down under but it closed this year. As I said on Coaster Buzz do you think they will copy any of the rides that are in the Paramount Parks now. I can see SOB in Japan with a different name and trains.

I'm surprised that Paramount chose Fukuoka, one of the smaller 3 islands and not the Honshu, the main island. Perhaps real estate is cheaper there and there is a lack of great entertainment on that island. It might be a very wise move.

Would Paramount bring any of Paramount's Parks rides to the park? I honestly don't know. If they try to make it a Universal Studios type park, maybe no. If they try to make it a movie-thrill park hybrid park like PKI, then YES.

Have a great weekend!

Italian Chef

:chef:

I don't know if this would be a good idea or not. I mean, Universal just tried to build another park overseas (China) and it completely fell through and they had to pull the plug, lay off employees, and I'm sure they lost some money on the deal. I guess we'll see though...

This all was on Screamscape last year and it said they was also going to have a park in China.

(11/17/03) Recent news about Universal and Disney’s efforts to open a major theme park in China have also uncovered that Paramount (Viacom) has also had talks about opening a park in Tianjin, near Beijing. Paramount has also signed a deal to open a Paramount Studios theme park in Japan (Hisayama Town of the Fukuoka Prefecture) by 2008. At this time it seems that Paramount will have no ownership of the park, but there are discussions about signing a management deal with Paramount Parks.