More Kings Island questions?

elizabethdyt

I have two questions

1) Has anybody ate at the happy Days diner? Is it really expensive ? Is the food any good?

2) How strict are they at nick universe about be 54' or under ? I have a 7 year old boy that is 54' already and that is 54' w/o shoes.And we will not be going untill end of sumer.Who knows how tall he will be then. The promblem is he doesn't want to ride any of the big rides and I would like him to ride the rides with my 2 1/2 year old daughter so she will not be so scared. So if he is an inch or so taller then that are they going to not let him ??

Can`t help you with the Happy Days Diner question. I`ve never eaten there, but I have purchased a soft drink there, and paid the same high price for it that you will pay at any other food stand in the park.

As far as the height questions goes. I assume you meant to say that your son is 54" tall and not 54' tall! ;) Anyway, all height measurements at Kings Island (not in Boomerang Bay, where they are taken in bare feet) are taken with shoes on. I don`t know exactly how strict they are with the upper end of the height limits in Nick U, as I don`t often hang out there. But I`d have to imagine that they are as stringent as they are with other rides in the park.

A friend of mine ate at the Happy Days Diner a few weeks ago and she said that they got 4 hamburgers and fries with drinks and they spent around $60.00, and the food really wasn't that good. It always smells really good everytime I pass by but I don't think that it's worth $60.00!

I have two questions

1) Has anybody ate at the happy Days diner? Is it really expensive ? Is the food any good?

2) How strict are they at nick universe about be 54' or under ? I have a 7 year old boy that is 54' already and that is 54' w/o shoes.And we will not be going untill end of sumer.Who knows how tall he will be then. The promblem is he doesn't want to ride any of the big rides and I would like him to ride the rides with my 2 1/2 year old daughter so she will not be so scared. So if he is an inch or so taller then that are they going to not let him ??

Since you want your son to ride with your daughter, I'd think they would over look the height thing like they do when parents ride with younger kids. This is just a guess since I don't have kids and only deal with the larger rides in Nick U that adults are allowed to ride.

I doubt they're very strict about the max height requirements...Especially if it's within an inch.

Ya, I was thinking the same thing.

1" over is a alot different than 1" under.

I would have to think that with your son being so young, they may not even check him at all. Kids at that age have really weird growth spurts. If they strictly enforced that policy it has the chance to put a negative light on kids' rides.

Actually they will not allow him to ride with your daughter in a chaperone type way unless he is 16 years old (unless CF got rid of that rule). Also, they do take the maximum height seriously, they have it there for a reason and it's safety of the child. If in doubt call the park, they can give you a more clearcut answer than 99% of the people on the message boards.

You are correct Teenageninja, Cedar Fair defines a responsible person as, "someone over 16 years of age and withing the height restriction for a chaperone." If your daughter is not over the height where she must have a responsible person ride with her, either you or someone else over 16 will have to ride with her. As far as your son riding, I would bet that they will be somewhat strict with the max height. Height restrictions are height restrictions whether they are maximum or minimums. All the employees are taught to have no leiniency when it comes to either. With him being over 54" but not over 16 years old, you're going to have a pretty tough time getting him on many of the small rides in Nick U.

Giggle coaster for example, if your daughter is between 40" and 44" someone over 16 MUST ride with her. As for your son tagging along, well good luck because technically the operator is not supposed to let more than the one responsible person ride. Only people between 40"-54" and people over 16 with a child are supposed to be able to ride. Now if your daughter is over 44" well, he just might be able to accompany her.

They had to get more then just 4 burgers combos with drinks to cost 60.00. I ate there last Thursday and spent $12.12 on a Cheese Burger Combo, and a Large drink. The food is average but the fries are really good, probably some of the best fries in the park, minus Potato Works. LOL!

They had to get more then just 4 burgers combos with drinks to cost 60.00. I ate there last Thursday and spent $12.12 on a Cheese Burger Combo, and a Large drink. The food is average but the fries are really good, probably some of the best fries in the park, minus Potato Works. LOL!

Well there will be four of us me and my husband my 7 year old boy and my 2 year old daughter. I am hoping that the childrens meal will be a litttle cheaper then 12.00

You are correct Teenageninja, Cedar Fair defines a responsible person as, "someone over 16 years of age and withing the height restriction for a chaperone." If your daughter is not over the height where she must have a responsible person ride with her, either you or someone else over 16 will have to ride with her. As far as your son riding, I would bet that they will be somewhat strict with the max height. Height restrictions are height restrictions whether they are maximum or minimums. All the employees are taught to have no leiniency when it comes to either. With him being over 54" but not over 16 years old, you're going to have a pretty tough time getting him on many of the small rides in Nick U.

Giggle coaster for example, if your daughter is between 40" and 44" someone over 16 MUST ride with her. As for your son tagging along, well good luck because technically the operator is not supposed to let more than the one responsible person ride. Only people between 40"-54" and people over 16 with a child are supposed to be able to ride. Now if your daughter is over 44" well, he just might be able to accompany her.

I wasn't looking for my 7 year old to be my dayghters chaperone . Me or my husband could do that. I wanted him to be able to ride the kiddie rides that my husband and I are not allowed on with her.

I was there a couple of weeks ago and saw a kid not able to ride the Jimmy Neutron’s Atom Smashers™ because he was just over the 54" limit. They let him get on initially, and then before starting they had him get out of the ride to check his height. His parents were pretty mad to say the least.

I also saw them not letting a lot of kids on rides because they were JUST under the ride height requirement. I'm glad to see them enforcing the height restrictions personally.

Carowinds has wristbands you can get for the kids to denote what height restrictions they fall under. I liked that a lot so my kids didn't get the stick when getting on a ride. I haven't seen that available at KI in the two trips I've been there so far this season. Can someone let me know if they do have that and I just missed it?

Kings Island added two height measuring stations this year. One is located immediately to the left of the front gate, by the return visit booth. The other location is located on the Nickelodeon Universe side of the Eiffel Tower. Both stations are staffed with employees to measure kids heights and give them the appropriate wristbands.

The food is pretty good. Burgers, fries, shakes, etc. And the prices are pretty standard compared to the rest of the park. I recommend eating there.

I don't know about that. But at 7 years old, I assume that he can ride anything that he can fit in. I reckon the height limits are to keep out adults, not big kids.

I don't know about that. But at 7 years old, I assume that he can ride anything that he can fit in. I reckon the height limits are to keep out adults, not big kids.

But you reckon incorrectly. As stated previously in this thread, rides that have a height maximum but allow a chaperone require that chaperone to be 16 years old or more. And they do not allow "big kids." There is a reason for the height restrictions. Most little kids don't feel comfortable riding rides where there are "big kids." If it were a physical limitation, the chaperones couldn't ride either (which is the case on some rides).