People walking around KI with bags and bags of stuffed animals

odettekitrigisele

:unsure:

It is fun to play a FEW games, but it always baffles me at the sight of people walking around with 2-3 giant bags filled with stuffed animals. We all know the games are not easy or cheap so I wonder how people can afford it?

Perhaps they save up? Maybe they just love the games?

What do you think or do you ever wonder this yourself?

Sincerely, Baffled. LOL!!!!!! :huh:

I dunno why people would play that many games because you're not just paying for the games but the right to get into the park to play the game. I guess it's not that bad if you have a season pass but most people that have the season pass have it to ride the rides. Maybe it's just me...

During Beast Buzz last year they gave you 6 free game tickets and I ended up with 4 animals. Including a Huge Scooby from the milkcan game, a duck with sunglass's from wak a mole, a dog from dog pound, and a penguin from peach basket. :lol:

Nice.

Many (but not all) of the prizes are worth far less than the cost of playing. Thus, in those cases, the park wins every time. One would expect the house to win overall, else the games wouldn't be there. That being said, some of the games are games of skill, not chance; and on those some of the prizes are worth winning, and can be won by those will skill and by a few who do indeed just get lucky...the latter may play on and on trying to win again!

I don't really understand the purpose of having games in amusement parks anyway. I mean, seriously, you could be using your time waiting in a long line for a really good ride instead of playing games. Another thing is that if you win something big you would have to carry it around EVERYWHERE with you throughout the park, and that can get pretty annoying.

The purpose? The same purpose the rides are there for. The same purpose the shows are there for. The same purpose the food stands are there for.

A. Guest Satisfaction and B. (and ultimately) to make a profit.

If the games didn't do both or contribute to the experience such that both are achieved, eventually they'd be removed. That's not to say that everything that has been removed didn't do one or both...

I don't really understand the purpose of having games in amusement parks anyway. I mean, seriously, you could be using your time waiting in a long line for a really good ride instead of playing games. Another thing is that if you win something big you would have to carry it around EVERYWHERE with you throughout the park, and that can get pretty annoying.

I'm sorry did you really just say that you dont understand the purpose of having GAMES in an AMUSEMENT PARK? I dont even know what to say, I feel this should be self explainatory. There's pretty many people that get amused by games at these parks. Not to mention the things that The Interpreter said.

I don't mind the games - when the park is crowded they definitely get played and take away some people from lines. They also add to the amusement park atmosphere.

I have a season pass and chose to indulge in the games about 2x a year and always am very aware that I am throwing my money away and joke about paying $10 for a cheapo stuffed animal, but.. playing the games is still F U N!!!!! :P

I was at Geauga Lake past closing 2 weeks ago. There was a guy playing 3-Point shootout, and they told him he could stay and play as long as he wants? Why? $10 for 45 seconds is literally I license to print money. I can play Pac-Man on a single quarter all day long. do you think they would let me stay in the arcade if I had a good game going past closing? WAKE UP DUDE! The dude paid over $200 to try to in a jersey that he could have bought for half that. they even went as far as to cut deals to get him to keep playing. First they dropped it to $5. Then after he was ready to walk, they told him $5, and all he had to do was hit the 3 "money balls". He made the first two pretty regualry, but had trouble sinking the third. In the end he walked away without the jersey. He did win small prizes, but he had no interest in them, and didnt even take them.

heh, wish their prizes were as good as back in the day, my dad always talks about how when he was a teen, he won a bike at the milk bottle toss game. to this day, he hasnt won it again, a theyve obviously made it harder to win. also, some people but season passes, just for the purpose of getting those stuffed animals. there was this guy who always had those huge stuffed animals, along with video games in the flea market. one day at Kings Island last year i saw him and his crew walking away with like 3 a piece of those stuffed animals. he had people that would win the games a lot of the time, and would get those, and sell them at his flea market shop. he was selling them for 25 bucks a pop. people have demands for them too... he even had requests for certain animals. i talked to him next time at the flea market about it as he was gone once i noticed the guy.

I'm not mch for riding the coasters & such, so I know I will have time to kill while my friends ride them. I try to bring extra money just to play the games while I'm waiting (beats pigging out on junk food!) I always seem to get lucky and win something big, then I have to listen to my friends beg me to win them something. :wacko: I can never seem to win again then I get accused of "paying off the game guys". Instead of carrying those huge critters around all day as a trophy-they immediately go to the car. In the case of smaller prizes, a locker. They are just too darn inconvenient.