LEAST favorite ride?

Kings Island Rox

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate to say but Vortex. That thing hurts my head. The only time it didnt hurt was when i sat in the last row and sat down with the straight back. I am really short, and I didn't want to have a headache after riding b/c there was more to do that day.

Smash Factory played in 2001 in Theater B, along with 7th Portal in Theater A, the first and only other 3-d film that has played in Action Theater. I was apart of that crew in 2001, as long with Vortex.

How'd you like cleaning those glasses day in and day out. Especially at the end of the year when the stock is about 2,000 when we start the season with about 15,000. Having to stack glasses while driving is not fun. And nobody likes getting a pair of wet glasses.

Smash Factory played in 2001 in Theater B, along with 7th Portal in Theater A, the first and only other 3-d film that has played in Action Theater. I was apart of that crew in 2001, as long with Vortex.

How'd you like cleaning those glasses day in and day out. Especially at the end of the year when the stock is about 2,000 when we start the season with about 15,000. Having to stack glasses while driving is not fun. And nobody likes getting a pair of wet glasses.

We never stacked glasses while driving. We always had an extra person to wash glasses. It really wasn't that bad. They do things a little different then the first year. We had big blue storage tubs that we put the glasses in after they were cleaned and dried and pre-show sorted them and counted them.

The only rides I truly didn't enjoy this year were Vortex and Delirium. Vortex beat me up by banging my neck against the restraint and Delirium made me a bit nauseous (not bad, just uncomfortable). I also didn't like TR:TR - it stunk without its effect.

You just have to know where to ride the rides. Vortex in the back is very fun. You get air down the first hill and its reasonably smooth. I'm not sayin it a B&M, but its not bad. The only reason the back hurts me is cause I'm too tall and my shoulders rub around on the top.

TR:TR is a terrible waste to me. They need to make it a more intense ride without the Tomb Raider Theme. It just doesn't work. Take it out of its shell and let it run a bit. (Put it outside so we can see it move)

Make it like this one

better yet, lets steal that one from wherever it is, I think its north, and get rid of TR:TR

I used to think IJST was another waste of space until I rode it in the back. Its pretty fun back there, but not worth a wait any longer than 15 minutes.

You just have to know where to ride the rides. Vortex in the back is very fun. You get air down the first hill and its reasonably smooth. I'm not sayin it a B&M, but its not bad. The only reason the back hurts me is cause I'm too tall and my shoulders rub around on the top.

TR:TR is a terrible waste to me. They need to make it a more intense ride without the Tomb Raider Theme. It just doesn't work. Take it out of its shell and let it run a bit. (Put it outside so we can see it move)

Make it like this one

better yet, lets steal that one from wherever it is, I think its north, and get rid of TR:TR

I used to think IJST was another waste of space until I rode it in the back. Its pretty fun back there, but not worth a wait any longer than 15 minutes.

I agree about everything you just said..Also about IJST that ride really surprised me..It was the first time I rode it this year and it was quite fun

With all the recent problems on TRTR and lack of keeping the themeing and special effects up TRTR is my least favorite flat ride, and IJST is my least favorite coaster because it just doesnt fit, maybe if they built it where Days of Thunder is it would have worked better, coney mall just doesnt look like coney mall anymore!

I absoloutly loathe Adventure Express. Its a stupid slow POS coaster that seems like it was 25% complete at the time they called it complete. Its supposed to be an Indiana Jones mine type ride, yet it doesn't feel that way at all. And then the horrible ending... exactly what gives it the incmoplete feel. How the hell are they going to have a bunch of stupid statues tell me I'm going to pay for something, and then thats the end of the ride?

That ride sucks. They should tear it down and build something better!

And thousands and thousands of its fans, including me, would be FURIOUS.

Why must they remove one or more rides in order to build another? Paramount Parks, which did this even when they didn't have to (see Flying Eagles and IJ) no longer owns the park.

I would also point out to you that Adventure Express is one of the most popular rides for parents to take their kids on.

There are more visitors to a park than just you. A well rounded park needs something for everybody--not just thrill ride after thrill ride. This was one of the primary reasons that Six Flags Worlds of Adventure didn't make it. Dumping thrill ride after thrill ride in to a park is not a recipe for success. Other things must also be done, and there must be other things for attendees to do. Even Cedar Point has had declining admissions for several years now, while Kings Island had increasing admissions. One park had gone almost entirely in the thrill direction, the other was promoting itself to families....which is probably one of the main reasons that the "family" ride of Maverick was the new attraction for this year at CP. Will be interesting to see what it does to attendance there...if we ever find out.

CF, you see, does not release admission figures for individual parks. Or so they say, at least for now.

I would also point out to you that Adventure Express is one of the most popular rides for parents to take their kids on.

Statistically speaking Adventure Express leads the park in riders every year. Vortex comes in a very close 2nd. Must be those Arrow coasters that everyone likes to ride. I can't think of any other ride besides IJST that can consistently put out 40+ cycles an hour. When I was there we were putting out close to 50 in an hour.

Also Adventure Express is the second most ridden Mine Train Coaster, next to Disney's Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, which by the way is open year round where AE is only open seasonal.

I absoloutly loathe Adventure Express. Its a stupid slow POS coaster that seems like it was 25% complete at the time they called it complete. Its supposed to be an Indiana Jones mine type ride, yet it doesn't feel that way at all. And then the horrible ending... exactly what gives it the incmoplete feel. How the hell are they going to have a bunch of stupid statues tell me I'm going to pay for something, and then thats the end of the ride?

Is that what they're saying? I have always wondered that :lol::lol:

“You have disturbed the forbidden temple, now you will pay” is what the big guy says.

“You have disturbed the forbidden temple, now you will pay” is what the big guy says.

A Small up Charge of $20.

<G>

I've always thought WWC was the worst ride in KI. It's not very thrilling; only annoying (yet my wife insists we ride it every year). The only way I ever get soaked is by the cannons/geysers near the end. This was the first time I rode the thing in a while, and the first time I ever noticed the black cannons pointing at us. I thought they were going to shoot water like the geysers! Kind of a 'head chopper' effect for water rides, if you know what I mean...

Genius thing: 25c for a five-second squirtgun blast at perfect strangers is a good way to get over the disappointment. The ride IS better than when it first opened (1985), when there was a dirty, smelly greenish-brown foam floating around throughout the attraction. They've done a good job cleaning it up through the years.

Huh, I never even knew those statues said anything. :lol:

But I would like to see the building around TR: TR go down. Let it run in the open, but possible keep the queue covered and air-conditioned. If that's possible. And even though there may be some rides not every one likes or that are bad/not very exciting, we don't need to remove any of them. Remember, only on about half the land owned has been developed. I say expand the park grounds out behind Boomerang Bay and Top Gun/SoB/X-Base before we start removing current rides for new ones. With that much space available, there really isn't any need to remove perfectly good rides. The only one I'd like to see go is Days of Thunder - I think that's worthless, and every time I go past it there isn't anyone on it. A thrilling flat ride, like a Screamin' Swing, would fit perfectly there.