Short KI News Article

rollergirl

I find it interesting that Great America and Carowinds have already re-opened their Drop Zones.

Two Of Kings Island's Most Popular Rides Remain Closed

People heading to Kings Island soon might be disappointed.

Two of the most popular rides are still closed.

In wake of the recent tragic accident in Louisville where a girl had her feet severed, Kings Island's version of that ride, the Drop Zone closed last week so it could be checked out.

A Kings Island spokesman could not give an estimate on when the Drop Zone might reopen.

A Kings Island spokesman also said park officials are still committed to re-opening the Son of Beast sometime this season.

A loop on the ride is being removed after an accident injured several people a year ago.

I find it interesting that Great America and Carowinds have already re-opened their Drop Zones.

A loop on the ride is being removed after an accident injured several people a year ago.

I like how it says like it's being removed, like it hasn't been done yet. It should read: A Loop on the ride has been removed.

The fact the accident happened isn't the reason the loop was removed either!

I knew they were pretty similar. I've rode both, I prefer ours. I think I enjoy the view you get as you spin around the tower. If KD has opened theirs, then I feel ours should re-open soon enough. They're pretty similar. I guess it really depends on when they get the inspections and such done.

Actually, Kings Dominion`s Drop Zone holds 56 riders per cycle.

And while it may not be popular among enthusiats, Son of Beast is considered a major attraction at the park. It could be debated how popular the ride really is with the public. We will find out when they reopen the ride.

I just think the thing with SoB is it's a.) another coaster to ride, and b.) it is the only coaster at KI that is even remotely close to having any real height!!

Because let's face it, KI does not have any *modern* "signature" coaster with any real thrill or intensity behind it and that's a fact!!

And I'm not hating on KI here either as it is my "home" park, and realize they're the gold standard as a family attraction, and the coasters they have are broad, historic, and fun!! But the fact that Delirium is one of the most popular rides at KI is a complete joke! MaXair at CP is a total afterthought, yet that same ride (despite the consensus that Delirium is a little more thrilling, which I agree with) being the most popular at KI!?!? C'mon!!

While Firehawk was a very, very nice addition, runs much better here than at GL, and is an ok thrill...KI does *NOT* have that great signature thrill it deserves, but quantity can help overcome quality, and so just having another coaster (in SoB) helps achieve that ...whether or not it may be bad, which I never found it to be.

Do you know what, tigellinus? I totally agree with you. I mean when you think KI you think of The Beast (1979) but when people think of CP they think of Magnum XL-200 (1989), MF(2000), TTD(2003), and maybe now Maverick (2007).