The All-You-Can-Eat Backyard BBQ Picnic

gabelogan99

I'm taking my first trip to the park this year next Thursday, Friday, and Saturday and I was wondering about the all-you-can-eat buffet that they have in the picnic grove every day. I have heard a lot about it, although I know it's fairly new. I didn't even fully understand it even when I worked there back in 2005. I've read up on it though on KI's site and I'm just wondering if it is any good. Since I have a pass, I'll just be getting a seperate ticket for the picnic which costs about $12.95 but I figure it's worth it considering it costs around that, if not more, for a hamburger, fries, and a Coke in the Festhaus. I know that the quality of the food might be somewhat questionable, but I don't remember the food that they had for the KI employees picnic being that bad and I figure it's probably the same thing. Anyways, I really want to try it one day that I'm there, just to see what all the fuss is about. What are some experiences you all have had with it?

It's not the best food but the quality is about the same you can find in the park. The price is a good deal though as it's all you can eat, and they are quite a few choice, and unlimited drinks. I would give it a try one day, but you do have to buy your tickets for it in advance.

It's not the best food but the quality is about the same you can find in the park. The price is a good deal though as it's all you can eat, and they are quite a few choice, and unlimited drinks. I would give it a try one day, but you do have to buy your tickets for it in advance.

Yeah... like I said I'm somewhat familiar with it because it's probably about the same quality as they had for the picnic for employees. (Not sure if Cedar Fair is doing that or not.) And also they used to have something similar at Wyandot Lake.

I'm probably going to choose Friday, since I don't want it to be the first day and I don't want it to be on Saturday. I'll probably arrive over there around 4 or so since it only lasts until 5.

I'm taking my first trip to the park this year next Thursday, Friday, and Saturday and I was wondering about the all-you-can-eat buffet that they have in the picnic grove every day. I have heard a lot about it, although I know it's fairly new. I didn't even fully understand it even when I worked there back in 2005. I've read up on it though on KI's site and I'm just wondering if it is any good. Since I have a pass, I'll just be getting a seperate ticket for the picnic which costs about $12.95 but I figure it's worth it considering it costs around that, if not more, for a hamburger, fries, and a Coke in the Festhaus. I know that the quality of the food might be somewhat questionable, but I don't remember the food that they had for the KI employees picnic being that bad and I figure it's probably the same thing. Anyways, I really want to try it one day that I'm there, just to see what all the fuss is about. What are some experiences you all have had with it?

I went to the picnic in 2003 or 04 when they just had it on the fourth and I wasn't really impressed. None of the food, not even the burgers and hotdogs, was cooked there. It was all just sitting out on tables in open containers. It was also really hot that day, so all of the food was hot, even stuff that shouldn't have been. It was also really, really crowded. Honestly, I would never do it again, especially with the higher prices they are charging now-I only paid ten dollars a person at the time.

Also, it is only all you can eat while you are in the grove. Once you leave that area, you can't go back because they take your ticket when you get there.

Is that a one trip only deal or can you go back as many times as you want? After all it is "All you can eat."

I'm guessing it's all you can eat while you are back there in the picnic grove between the hours of 3:30 and 5 PM.

You are correct, you can make as many trips for food as long as you don't leave the picnic ground. I did the picnic ground back in May. The food was ok...about what you would expect...my only complaint was the time frame...you almost have to eat something for lunch, which for me is usually around 12:30-1 o'clock. I was not really that hungry...even by 4:30. If the picnic ground was from 1-4 I think it would be a GREAT deal.