Any News on Drop Zone?

TH13TEEN

Actually Drop Zone was closed for the rest of the season in 1999 after the accident at PGA.

Yes but not all of that down time was attributed to the PGA incident. The ride was actually very broken down. Remember when delerium had the sign out in from of the ride that said something to the effect of, "this ride is temporarily closed, we apologise for the inconvenience, we are waiting for a part from Germany." Well with drop zone they were waiting for a part from I believe Belgium.

Fair season is beginning Full swing, Ohio Dept of Agri guys are all over the state right now inspecting rides and checking lists and things. They also very frequently will keep to a schedule, and unless an inhouse inspection will be done by KI, it may have to fit into that schedule.

And regardless of who will do the actual inspection (and possible recertification), you know that it will be thorough and everything dissected in the namesake of safety. Therefore, when it opens whenever that may be, it will be completely safe to the latest inspection, and no matter how long it takes that is a good thing!

I was at KI the day the kid fell...actually was standing in line when it happened...I am happy they are doing a thorough inspection on these kids of rides cause of what happened that that little girl. I hope its opened when I am there in a couple of weeks, but if not it will be ok too. ;)

I love when people make stories up.

The kid who fell out of Drop Zone was on the Drop Zone at Great America in California(I think?). He was apparently too small to ride and also mentally challenged. He wiggled himself free out of fear of the ride, and plummeted. The only person who has fallen out of a KI ride was the woman on Flight Commander, and she was not a girl, but a large older woman.

I was at KI the day the kid fell...actually was standing in line when it happened...I am happy they are doing a thorough inspection on these kids of rides cause of what happened that that little girl. I hope its opened when I am there in a couple of weeks, but if not it will be ok too. ;)

WOW, now that is impressive.

That reminds me of the time the manager of the store I used to work at told me about how she was at Kings Island when "The Bat fell off the track and all those people died," and that she saw it happen. I just stared at her, slack-jawed. There's no proper response to lying insanity, really. I couldn't even muster a sarcastic "oh, you must have been terribly traumatized," or a genuine "you're dumb, it didn't fall off the track," I was so shocked at her ... everything.

I had a girl at work try to tell me, that a girl feel off Son of Beast several years ago. I told her I didn't believe it and that no one ever feel off SOB. She kept saying she saw it happen, I wonder where people come up with this stuff from.

WOW, now that is impressive.

Are you sure you knew where your DeLorean was at this time? She must've stolen it from you because that's the only logical explanation.

which means you used what dictionary yourself?!? LOL :P

Just because I got caught with a miss spelling in another thread (Long week on the road, I’m still not thinking straight), does not mean that I use a dictionary. Besides I think I left out part of the definition. You Ohio State fans are all alike, I have one thing to say: Where were you when I was at ND in 1971?