entrance music

scrapzilla3

The music that the park played as you walked in was a tradition. No matter where you were and no matter how old you are, anytime you heard the theme song to Superman, you thought of King's Island. I was very dissapointed when I walked this year and did not hear the original songs. Please bring this back if at all possible. Some things should not change and this is one of them. Grown ups need to feel like they've can slip back in time and this helped to recreate the moments. Remember how important First impressions are? Other than that, I love the whole experience and have been visiting the park since 1974 and now bring my own children, who also love it. Thanks, Scrapzilla Wellston, ohio

All I can suggest is to contact guest relations and tell them your feelings. There is a belief in the new structure that no one cared about the music in the park or BBay. That is why they both changed this season. They did what was easiest, got rid of the the themed music and went to generic satellite radio. Only Nick U is still themed and that is because Nick says so.

1974???

Anyway, when I hear the theme song to Superman, I think of Superman: Ride of Steel at Six Flags New England....or of the Batman Plaza at Six Flags Great Adventure, where that song, and the movie themes formerly heard at PARAMOUNT'S Kings Island in Mason, Ohio still plays today.

PARAMOUNT has left. I doubt you see Cedar Fair do anything to remind people of the Paramount connection they are slowly leaving behind.

[Prior to the Paramount acquisition, more classical and popular standards music played on International Street. And certainly NOT the Superman movie theme...]

Yes, I can confirm that the Superman theme was playing at Kings Island last year since one of the most unreal moments that ever happened to me at the park involved it.

For the 4th of July fireworks last year, Maureen invited Ryan and I up on the ROOF of International Restaurant for a birds eye view of the fireworks. I wore my Superman shirt that day.

After the fireworks were over, the regular IS music kicked in and one of the first songs to play was the Superman theme. I walked as close as I could to the roof, put my hands on my side and with the the theme song playing and my Superman shirt on, I felt like I owned the park!

/Stupid story, I know

//One of the best experiences I ever had at the park

///I like The Beast

The superman theme ONLY played while paramount owned the park. That and the little bit at the second half of last year with CF. The song played many times throughout the day on I-Street, if you knew which song it was, you couldn't miss it.

Uhhh, the Superman theme definitely was being played as part of the sound track during the '80s.

I worked several years on Interntaional Street and distinctly remember hearing it many times a day.

Neither do I, I love hearing classic rock throughout the park but I don't think that'd be appropriate or feel right to have that kind of music playing while you're walking into the park. (O, and when I heard entrance I was thinking of the area right outside the security checkpoint.)

I actually like the change it makes the park sound more modern.

Me too. I've hurd some songs where everyone just starts singing, like The Sweet Escape and Say it Right. I like it that they are making more modern. I was in the store and hurd Ice box and some other stuff. It was VERY clean though! Which is good for the kiddies.