Son of Beast to open tommorrow?

corn4ahead

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah....but as someone who worked as John Mayer's soundtech for 5 tours....don't believe anything you *hear* from anyone as they usually don't know or won't tell.

In this situation, only eye-witness accounts of people at KI today/right now is going to be the most accurate. So someone at KI right now needs to start using their new iPhone that they just got! That's what it's for!!

Yeah....but as someone who worked as John Mayer's soundtech for 5 tours....don't believe anything you *hear* from anyone as they usually don't know or won't tell.

In this situation, only eye-witness accounts of people at KI today/right now is going to be the most accurate. So someone at KI right now needs to start using their new iPhone that they just got! That's what it's for!!

Yeah, cause you know that it's not a dependable source by actually calling the park and checking? :wacko:

I'd take someone physically standing in front of SoB right now telling me what's going on over someone working at some ticket window...I'm not saying some customer service person is wrong, BUT they might have agendas (like not caring about your call and lying to you or not being allowed to say) versus someone who is the most primary of sources....if you believe everything everyone says when you call somewhere or some store, then you're very naive and good luck with that!!

heh not only that, but also, i dont know how good communication between the different employees at Kings Island is. Id bet that if it was open today, the customer service people wouldnt know till prolly tomorrow or later on today, or whenever it opened.

Uhhh, I'm betting that across the board there is communication as to the intended date to reopen if one has even been set.

Remember, it's still tentative as to if the ride will be reopening at all.

Folks may be counting their chickens before they've hatched, cracked or even sent folk to the hospital..... uhhhh, strike that SOB's already done that. <G>

I just got back from a quick visit to Kings Island. The Action Zone was missing a lot of action today. Drop Zone is still down, and Delirium was down due to mechanical reasons.

As for Son of Beast, there were two trains on the storage track. As reported earlier in this post, one is a red train and one is a BLUE train. (Couldn`t they have painted both trains red? I mean it is still called Son of Beast and all three Beast trains are red, oh well). There were a couple of mechanics walking around the trains. But, there were still water dummies sitting in the station. I`d say the ride still has a long way to go before it is reopened to the public.

The only way you will know that SOB is open to the GP is if you are entering the parking lot and hear the screams of passengers in the rosebowl. I'm not talk about cheerfull TTD screams...i'm talking about screams that only come from someone when their legs are being beat to death by pure German steel.

I went to see if the rumor of it was true and it was opening today I was there watching them test the blue train and someone asked a employee when will it open and his answer was "Next Week" Now on a saturday "next week" is a bad answer. That means 1-7 days it will be down. So it does look like July 3 or 4th but who knows.