All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Exactly! I deleted FB over a year ago due to the narcissism.
  3. Today
  4. ^Yes. The park had pretty decent landscaping. From my point of view, it seems these smaller parks compensate elsewhere for not having as much rides as their FUN and SIX competitors. Headed to Allentown today, then downtown Philly late in the afternoon. Dorney tomorrow.
  5. TheRickster

Rows chained off on Mystic

It would probably take more time to pull the slack (pinching and folding of the belt in the slider) than just to wrap the slack out of it. You can also just wrap it with one hand and then buckle with the other, where as pulling the slack would make it a two hand into another two hand process.
  6. Did you notice the bronze statues everywhere?
  7. The standard reply on this forum goes something like this “The two parks have different coasters and restraint systems and therefore have different loose article policies.” The personal injury lawyers are drafting plans to build new wings on their houses right now.
  8. It’s not the ride ops’ decision on whether we can stop the lift or not. It’s the ride departments’ new rule this year that we aren’t allowed to stop the lift based solely on a phone. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  9. Yet Cedar Point can stop lifts and take people's phones. Sometimes I get the Impression some of the ops don't care. Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
  10. IndyGuy4KI

The Giga Speculation Thread

Need an Intamin cable lift to get to the top of that lift in under 2 min.
  11. Maverick44

Is that about an 800' hill? lol I don't think they would place a lift hill over top of The Bat. Who knows though. Also the break run over timberwolf?
  12. So you tell them to put it away, they ignore it, nothing else is done and that sends a message to the other people on the train that having your phone out is an acceptable practice... Great plan!!!
  13. Mine is probably very small compared to others, but here goes: Kings Island Cedar Point Great America Chicago (before six flags bought it) Hershey Coney island Cincinnati Coney island NYC Disneyland Universal Studios Hollywood Disney world Epcot MGM Studios Animal Kingdom Universal studios Florida Islands of adventure Busch Gardens Tampa Geauga Lake Sea World Ohio (before 6 flags)
  14. Here’s the problem. As ride operators, we are not allowed to stop lift hills anymore solely based on guests having loose articles out. All we can do is speak over the lift hill speakers. Sad but true. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  15. Hawaiian Coasters 325

Today I give you Night Flyer. Using Son of Beast's station.
  16. Yesterday
  17. Maverick44

I give you the return of " King Cobra". Using the old Action Theater.
  18. sixohdieselrage

Sheesh you guys... dont you know lap bars have to have a seat belt as well to keep them safe.
  19. Waldameer TR Turned out to be a decent family park, but didn't hold my attention for all that long. I thought it was a bit more spread out than it was and that it had more flats. The rides it did have are quite fun. I also included their dark ride, Whacky Shack, as a credit as it does have gravity powered drops, so I'm at 91. #90, btw, was Steel Dragon, their spinning coaster. Also, it rained a lot. malem was happy, and while it did thin the crowds and made RFII awesome, it got annoying. Glad the rest of my trip is dry and warmer (only mid 60's here in Erie). Only had pizza which was alright, but I needed something after the 5.5 hour drive. A good warm up for the rest of the trip. Liked their log flume a lot, too. The park also had a weird obsession with permanent switchbacks, both in queues and even on their dark house, Pirate's Cove. Some of their queues are unexpectedly lengthy, even when they're shortened. Coaster Reviews Comet- An old PTC coaster. It has a nice location with a lot of big trees around, and had some air in the back. A good relaxing woodie. Got my first evac on it as well as it stopped just short of the station for the first ride. Definitely a better ride in the back. Ravine Flyer III- For a kids coaster, it packs a punch. A nice twisty layout, and some pretty good quick laterals. Brace yourselves though, as if you aren't engaged in bracing a bit, it can bang you up a bit. Also comes with fountain ERT (pianoman would love this park with the fountain ERT rides throughout including a few flats and Whacky Shack). Whacky Shack- This was my first time on a dark ride like this and it was fun. Its not so much a haunted ride but more focused on optical illusions. Has a few drops, both straight and curved wild mouse style drops. Steel Dragon- I like this more than Exterminator. The outdoors nature of it feels more open, and it doesn't spin quite as ferocious as Kennywood's ride. It flowed a lot nicer than I thought and the spinning felt pretty graceful. Starting to like what Maurer's got out there. Looking forward to the indoor version at Hershey. Ravine Flyer II- Worth the trip up there and one of my favorite wooden coasters. It is one of the best terrain style coasters I've done for sure, the curves and drops really hug the valley well. Its got some strong pops of air throughout. Also best in the back seat (or at least, 6-1). The best moment to me was the last big drop into the valley under the lift after it takes a 90 degree banked turn. It does have some jarring s-curves on the hill across the highway, but hardly a detriment to it. Definitely a better example of what Gravity Group is capable of than I thought Voyage showed.
  20. Magenta Lizard

Gravity - Kings Island Theater 2018

He comes out at the beginning when the lady in orange calls for backup, menacing and chasing the astronauts, and I believe he helps push off the spacecraft. Basically the small segment of the show beginning when any of the performers in blue appear, leading up to the bar act, only they all run off stage at the end rather than climb to the upper platform for that act.
  21. LuvingKI

I'm with it. Have a bob sled looking train
  22. chuck norris

It's related to how the seat belt straps have to be wrapped around the lap bar. I don't know why this is required on open seats on mystic... But it is... And it takes time. It works out much better to force this to the same rows and leave them untouched than to keep having to rebuckle random rows Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  23. purdude86

Yea that was always one of my favorites as a kid and would hate to see it go as well.
  24. purdude86

Think it's kind of a double sided thing. It's a newer ride so probably still more popular than some others but the park as a whole isn't busy enough to keep all rows filled for each train. So doing this on that one keeps the operations going quicker to keep the line and guest flow moving quicker on a more popular ride. Whereas a less attended ride they may not do it because they aren't as worried about speeding the operations as much and let guests just pick wherever to sit.
  25. Maverick44

Could just mean that tree needs removed or trimmed? I'd hate to have that ride removed.
  26. Hawaiian Coasters 325

**Double Post** There are markers on trees by the little car ride in Planet Snoopy. Giga is going in Planet Snoopy
  27. txdrummer

I see them changing the belts to retractable somewhere in the future, probably for next season. Easier on the ride operation crew, I would think.
  28. Thrill_Biscuit

Gravity - Kings Island Theater 2018

I went for a swim at my community's pool last Wednesday, and a group of people who look uncannily like the Gravity cast were chilling out by the pool. (Few people I've encountered have "Phil's" "Carmine Ragusa" hair!) My girlfriend and I wanted to ask them if they were, but decided to just leave them alone and be happy with the notion that a Cirque cast might be our neighbors. Can't wait to see the laser bit again.
  1. Load more activity