All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Again, you provide your typical spiteful response. I didn't say you thought customers were liabilities. If you re-read it was that you view cars in the parking lot as liabilities- which you implied cause wear and tear on said lot. Which, while is true... it is also indicative of guests on premise. You use words like: ignorant, strikingly odd, straw man, half-assed- I'm guessing you're, at most, age 21, not a college grad or student, only have opinions about business ownership but haven't had such experience. have never had to deal with a differing opinion and can only name-call to feel like you have the upper hand... not to mention probably don't pay your own expenses.... Am I close? Yes, I requested a "parade".... I just dropped $1,200+ to the park last week, the last thing I would expect a CF employee (or someone who hasn't bought a pass in years) to call me is entitled.
  3. Yep. Watch the video. At around the 50 second mark she says she had to take her lanyard, earbud, and Apple Watch off. Yet those big@$$ earrings were perfectly acceptable...
  4. Take the Apple Watch off as well?? Wow! They really do want you to pay for a locker.
  5. You got to be kidding, that's going to be ****ty if you can't wear your smart watch
  6. So she says they made her take her Apple Watch off as well. Yet let her keep those earrings in. She even mentions during the ride that she is surprised the earrings stayed in. I would think earrings would have an easier time flying off than a watch? https://www.13abc.com/2024/04/25/heres-first-look-top-thrill-2/?fbclid=IwZXh0bgNhZW0CMTEAAR05ZxogQjOyFdHtrafpFLcjmBrU9fq7t3Vux5HrO2vLnU2xhkNEz4D5rOQ_aem_ATnRg2iaAkqROA1uceu2bC-NRvA7drTTn-MgJ_2iIlGpol-SEXULUvnBecDzO-VSWqlke-f5ofPpF3U1xPRru8rg
  7. Today
  8. The Cincinnati Cyclones have been around in one league or another since 1990. I'm a huge hockey fan. I worked for the Cyclones from 1990-1996. I know they exist but because they don't garner much media attention, they're not top of mind for me and others. It's the same situation for the people that live in Sandusky. They know Cedar Point exists, but they need to be reminded of the amusement park. People know Burger King, McDonald's, Wendy's exist in their neighborhood, yet these restaurants spend a lot of money advertising on TV. They know they have to maintain top of mind awareness.
  9. Doesn't the next sentence say you are not allowed in line barefoot.... So you either are wearing shoes that are acceptable or you are not allowed in line.
  10. Think the bigger issue will be anyone with loose fitting shoes having to be removed before the queue - which means you are basically barefoot for a considerable amount of time on gross, dirty, hot concrete - and what is considered loose fitting shoes by one queue entrance attemdant may not be considered loose fitting shoes by the next (no surprise as CP always has inconsistencies in enforcing their policies) Loose-fitting shoes (any shoe without a strap or back, such as flip-flops or sandals) are not permitted past the entrance. Please keep this in mind, as you may not enter the line barefoot nor leave your shoes near the ride’s entrance.
  11. I think what needs to be noted here is this is a response to what happened in 2021. Its a reactive gesture, not a proactive one. The ability to have your cell phone and other "loose" articles secured in a pocket, sunglasses on the head with a strap, etc, were allowed before on the original ride because it was not deemed a direct issue so long as items small enough to fit in the person's pockets could be safely stored on said person. Anything bigger needed to be placed into a locker or left with a non-rider just like any other ride for the most part minus SV. And of course depending on the day, heck, even the hour, even certain fanny packs were not allowed past the line operator. Granted the accident happened due to a part of the train itself striking a guest waiting in line and not an item unsecured by a rider, this is just that reactive response to try and omit that possibility of any more bad press on this ride all together. They don't want another Son of Beast on their hands ( multiple complaints/accident/neutering-new trains and reopening/another massive complaint then closure=lots of lost money and not so favorable reputation ) That doesn't negate the fact that there absolutely needs to be a free locker system to ensure less fuss with guests and promote a more stress-free experience for all-and I will repeat that statement with my whole chest out.
  12. Yes but my point being is that objects that are not metal, can still be brought onto the ride. There is a reason the TSA x-rays you, your belongings and doesn’t solely rely on metal detectors.
  13. How would they make the rides more loose article friendly outside of making the rides tamer?
  14. I recall the original TTD allowing loose articles? I remember having them on my person when I last rode it in 2018, and those were some of the most minimal restraints ever. The new trains look to have a wider lap bar, too, so WTH? I think parks should start making ride designers make their products more loose article friendly, at least when it comes to things like car keys, phones, various cards, etc. One of my pet peeves with the industry is this whole war against loose articles which just makes things more aggravating than they should.
  15. You know, I went searching for a SC topic on KIC to post about the anniversary here, low and behold my cringey 2012 self made one for me. (Again I apologize for anyone who had to deal with me back then, I too lose brain cells every time I see my old posts) Something that Ryan & Don talked about on Tower Topics and something that I’m surprised the park hasn’t talked about is the waterpark’s 35th anniversary. Hopefully the park could bring some throwback merchandise/signs to the WW/BB eras or some form of recognition for the anniversary. IMO Soak City has been seriously lacking in merchandise variety for years now, so it would be refreshing to see something new come for the 35th. Just a brief on the slide anniversaries this year: Paradise Plunge, Tropical Twister, Pineapple Pipeline, Splash River & Thunder Falls 35 years (Water Works ‘89) Rendezvous Run, Mondo Monsoon, Coconut Cove, Splash Landing 20 years (Boomerang Bay ‘04)
  16. Yesterday
  17. This information is still available on the website. You need to have an account with your passes linked to it. It displays the total number of visits and a list of the dates and what park it was used at.
  18. I have not yet found it. It's one thing that I'm missing from last year (albeit it was off). You can see how many days you have visited if you look at the terminal when you go thourgh the gate, After they click ok an arrow shows up with a number. That number is the number of days you have visited this season. It would also be nice for the app to track how many drinks and meals have been used. It could, for example, show the last TIME each was used therefore taking the guess work out of how long until you can have a meal/drink. Lastly there needs to be a way to tell the difference between the Drink Plan and the Drink Plan + on the app. Hopefully these can be suggestions they can take and put in to improve on an already improved app.
  19. I don't know how Cedar Fair accounts for pass sales, buy they certainly want people to have repeat visits, use the drink plan, use FunPix and the meal plan. Higher attendance from passholders looks good on quarterly reports and many passholders will purchase overpriced goods and services while they are in the park, hence the per caps. I used to work in an industry that allows clients to prepay for a years worth of services and get a discount on said services. All this money went to corporate to. E aggregated across the country and earn interest. As a service was performed, the branch would get a "credit" on the P&L. Of course there were extras that were not in the prepaid package that were upsell opportunities. At the end of the calendar year, if a customer didn't get all the services that they prepaid for, corporate would issue a check after the yearly books were closed. The branch was charged this amount plus a penalty that went against their P&L statement. This incentivized the branches to complete the prepaid services and upsell. Id conjecture that Cedar Fair has a similar system, but instead of services, it's visits, photos, meal plan redemptions, etc. But I could be wrong. All the money goes into the same pot, but like our branches were incentivized to perform, parks are incentivized to encourage attendance and therefore per caps. This works well in theory at least, until corporate cuts the budget and causes attendance to spiral downward, which it will if this short term cheapness goes on for another couple of seasons. Living away from Kings Island ( (Lexington area), I've heard several people in my circles say they won't renew this year.
  20. Is there a way on the app to see how many visits you have made to the park?
  21. I would be surprised if the park settled a frivolous lawsuit brought by an ambulance-chasing personal injury lawyer. Not only is the park fully covered by the T&C of the pass purchase agreement, the plaintiff likely would have to prove that Kennywood KNEW at the time of his purchase that the ride could not and would not be operational for 2024, AND that Kennywood expressly suppressed this information, AND, most importantly, that their advertising was specifically designed to suggest that this particular attraction would be operating for 2024. That's an immense legal hill to climb, even if the two litigants had access to equally-competent legal teams, which they clearly do not.
  22. I merely pointed out the existence of variable costs, one of the most basic business/finance principles around, because you seemed - and seem intent on continuing to be - ignorant of the concept. Which, again, is strikingly odd for a successful businessman. I did not suggest, imply, nor state that customers are "liabilities", so you can go ahead and set fire to that half-assed straw man. I pointed out that every customer, even those who apparently have urostomy and/or colostomy bags, carry a cost to the business, however small and incremental. I point this out to flesh out the argument against the self-entitled attitude of your basic pass holder. You know, the kind that might expect a "thank you" and a parade for spending over an entire year what other guests spend in a weekend...
  23. And I just had a thought. They could even implement the same wristbands that Great Wolf uses. Or used last time I was there some years back. They are RFID, waterproof and they store information that could be useful such as credit card credentials so one doesn't need to carry around their wallet. Granted that makes a lot of sense in a water park setting, I definitely could see this being useful in any amusement park setting. Just flash the user's credentials onto a wristband such as season pass, tickets, add-ons to a disposable RFID wristband and call it a day. Flash the wristband at the FL kiosks, vendors and other such things. Just a thought. Might not be nearly as advanced as say a Flash Pass or Magic Band, but it doesn't really need to be in this case. It still gets the point across and streamlines a lot of things along.
  24. One would think they would refund him no questions if he didn’t use his pass? I can see the park settling with him because it’s cheaper to do so than have this make it to court. That being said it will be interesting to see what comes about for this. It will surely create a ripple effect within the amusement park industry depending on the outcome.
  25. This! It is flatly inexcusable that they failed to anticipate this.
  26. You clearly have not seen the many "articles" in the Register leveling damaging accusations at the park alleging conspiratorial coverups and so on. With that sort of adversarial relationship, it's astonishing that the park didn't cut ties with them until now. As far as it being thousands of dollars of free advertising, how do you figure? Do residents of Sandusky not know that Cedar Point exists?
  27. To be fair, Entertrainment will certainly take care of anyone who purchased a pass if they close. It’s the type of people they are. Coney’s thing didn’t pass the sniff test, but they ultimately did the right thing. All of these are extreme cases. Fundamentally changing the product after purchase under the banner of, “Terms are subject to change. Sucks to be you. No refunds” is in an ethical class of its own. Again, I do not know of KW knew about this far in advance or if they found out and immediately communicated it, but we’ve seen a lot of other examples that I feel support my point.
  1. Load more activity