All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Haha I won't join the "legalize" subset of the forum. I just wanted to point out that is Disney would never word the policy "if we catch you faking a disability you are banned for life". That could put pressure on disabled people and their loved ones to go out of their way to display ongoing proof that they actually have one. "Lying about a disability" is more flexible and shifts the spotlight/ culpability if needed. Disney probably paid crazy money to lawyers and mental health professionals to craft perfect wording for the new policy.
  3. Read the article about it on Kings Island web site. It goes by how many visits you go in May and those perks will be available June 1st.
  4. ^I am sure our attorney member will weigh in if using the word "faking it" is materially/legally different than a lie or exaggeration But the point is they plan to ban anyone abusing the system, whether it be faking, lying, exaggerating, etc. Now the difficulty is how to prove it. No matter what procedure they come up with, someone will find a way around it.
  5. Unfortunately, if you give some people the possibility to exploit something at the expense of others they'll do it. Third party tour guides were banned from the park last year partly because of their role in encouraging the abuse of this policy. I hope that this change will not cause much of a problem. I'd imagine most of the thoughtless, selfish people who abused this program will know that abuse of the policy will no longer be tolerated and stop for fear of a forfeiting hundreds of dollars' worth of tickets/passes and a lifetime ban. I also assume that bans will only come down when the evidence of lying/abuse is undeniable, and the benefit of the doubt will be given if at all possible, in borderline cases for bans. ** @disco2000 Just a distinction here for clarity. I don't believe the thread title is completely accurate. My understanding is that the focus of the bans will be for people who lied about a loved one's disability rather than for individuals who "faked having a disability". Some of those will be one and the same, but I think it is smart of Disney to make the enforcement based on truth vs lying in the program application process rather than making it based on determining whether someone is "faking" a disability or exaggerating its severity.
  6. Today
  7. 3 Prestige Passes in our household, no Pass Perks showing up yet...
  8. no its quick service so like one window with seating on both sides
  9. Glad to hear that Camp Snoopy besides Snoopy’s Soap Box Racers, Beagle Scout Acres, and Pig Pen’s mess hall will be open on opening day. That is definitely a win for opening weekend!
  10. By “games” they VERY likely mean midway, not arcade, as pictured.
  11. They are offering some pass perks just to Prestige Holders... @BoddaH1994is so updating now
  12. If its two sides like Coney BBQ that would be a terrible waste of money assuming they open both sides as often as they do Coney BBQ, which I’ve maybe seen twice in that building’s history.
  13. Looks like they haven’t decided on the full name yet.
  14. For me it's either SoB or King Cobra.
  15. its quick service with seating on both sides
  16. I'm hoping a little of both, like quick lines but then a little dining area, like at a real camp. Have to wait and see i suppose.
  17. I was under the impression it was quick service, but not 100% sure!
  18. Is the mess hall going to be a sit down or more of a quick service type thing?
  19. I just REALLY hope they don't wreck the old lighthouse entrance down by the former riverboat dock. It's completely out of the way of feasible development due to lower elevation there right by the river, knocking it down would just be a deliberate "because we can" action.
  20. If we learned anything from tracking Adventure Port progress last year, it's that a lot can happen in a short period of time. Right now the playground is just some gravel and excavators, and the mess hall is a frame. By the weekend, who knows. By next weekend? Could be drastic, just like Adventure Port took major leaps during each week until it all came together. On opening day it was just concrete and ride foundations, it looked like a possible disaster. But once declared completed and opened, it had become unrecognizable from the depressing construction site sitting on the midway.
  21. Yeah tons of photos i didnt post. Right by Linus's Launchers they are doing stained concrete. They also painted those bathrooms Brown. Its going to look really good once its all done.
  22. Phew, they ripped out the orange concrete for proper sign installation, and painted the fences for Linus Launcher.
  23. Even more so, this would only give them fuel to "report to the manager."
  1. Load more activity