Working at KI

xXDrummerKiDXx

To every person that has never worked for Kings Island, refrain from posting or replying to messages that will impact your employment with the park. For instance, do not say something like, "I heard this ride is being torn down or we are getting this new ride", if it has not been released by Kings Island's PR department. Do not give details or say anything that has been conveyed to you by your supervisors as it pertains to the Park's policies. We are monitored and people have lost their jobs for things they have posted. It is all detailed in your handbook and your employment paperwork that you are required to sign. The best way to handle this is to direct the people to call Kings Island guest services.

• Like 2

How old do you have to be to be the person who says "All Clear" and when the train comes back they say "Welcome back riders how was your riiiide?" I WANNA BE THAT PERSON SO BADDD!!!!

But warning to the wise, working for KI isn't always what it's cracked up to be....

Its a job made for me though

You were made to say "all clear" and "how was your ride" every 2 minutes for 50 hours a week? Lol, I'm sure that wont ever get old.

Dont get me wrong, working in rides was a great time, but its the people that make it. If you build the actual work up in your mind, you're going to be let down very fast. Face it, 8+ hours a day outside in the summer repeating the same motion over and over; it will get old fast. Still if you make friends and get close to your colleagues , you will have a good time. Some of my best friends still are from when I worked at KI, and I've been gone for 5 years.

Also just fyi, the driver position on a ride is a big responsibility. New hires typically are not trained there until at least mid season, if they even get trained there at all. It's not uncommon for someone to never get driver trained in their first year, especially if they're under 18. It's a position you have to prove you're ready for. If you're driving and something goes wrong, it's on you, and you HAVE to know how to respond.

• Like 2

Can someone back Cedar Pointer on that statement, I just want to be sure

I was called, they left a message

Which department? I know Food and Admissions both email.

Just saying to call them back for information on an interview time. And I will be working...somewhere not outside and leave it at that lol :)

Can someone back Cedar Pointer on that statement, I just want to be sure

I was called, they left a message

Which department? I know Food and Admissions both email.

Just saying to call them back for information on an interview time. And I will be working...somewhere not outside and leave it at that lol :)

How long did it take to get a call/email?

Hello all, I am not new to the site. I am a member but under a new name and identity.

I once worked for the park, two seasons. Assistant Team Leader in Area 3 for the Food and Beverage department. I absolutely loved my job sadly though many people face a major problem. Associates are bullied by the "Superiors", as I like to say. Kings Island is full of too many Chiefs and not enough Indians, also many "Superiors" lack the simple understanding of communication.

Most every person I have talked with has expressed hatred for the job they had at Kings Island. Of course I really disliked the bullying I encountered as an associate, put me in some hot water as they classified somethings as insubordination. But unlike many I loved Kings Island and I love working. So no matter how bad I hated working with the employee's themselves, seeing the smiling faces of the guests and knowing that I am contributing to that was the greatest pay a man could ever earn.

Kings Island is a great place, working there is fun just choose your position wisely. Many departments, such as food, lack the proper Etiquette of work but other departments are right on and some are even out of the ball park. To all of you yellow tags(15 yr old's) don't get discouraged but let me offer some words of advice that may help you in the long run, if Kings Island is your true passion. If working at the park is your dream job, working to the top ect. If you desire this job and want it to be your career then I suggest that do not make this your first job. Wait, work at about three jobs before you head into Kings Island. Get a feel of the work force, understand it and how it works. Kings Island is very good and quick at firing, so unless you are amazing and perfect I you wait on working at Kings Island. KI has a waiting list all summer of employee's they can hire, you screw up once well all they have to do is scratch your name off and call someone else is. Be wise and smart. It is a great job, it is fun, and will create many amazing experiences but just be aware of the cautions.

Exactly. When I worked there they decided to not scheduled me for 4 weeks. (you are supposed to call the park and get your scheduled) I called. Then I called. I called again. Every time they said I wasn't scheduled. I started calling my Area Supervisor, never got an answer. So I quit. I come to find out from my friend in the same area that, 1) I was scheduled the WHOLE time, most times at least 50 hours of that week, 2) I was "fired" for abandoning my post, after calling and letting them know I'd be leaving in the next two weeks. It's very corporate there, some people love it, others hate it.

But don't let me or any one else discourage you, you may love it!

Hello all, I am not new to the site. I am a member but under a new name and identity.

You really had to create a new username and profile to post this and announce it to the group? Somehow I'm assuming that the park already knows that you are an unhappy former employee (I'm sure you are not the first and won't be the last either) and would not write postive things about your employment experience. But even if they knew you and your real screen name, I'm doubting they were going to go out of there way to read this and then find a way to make life difficult for you - even if you'd written it under that name.

You talk about Etiquette - maybe the better etiquette in this situation would have been to say nothing.

• Like 6

I applied in mid December and recieved a email and a phone call about late January, I went in for my Interview last saturday (2-18-11) and was hired on the spot for the Games Department, they stopped me half way through and just hired me then I signed and finished some paperwork. This will be my first of many seasons with Kings Island and I hoping its going to be a great year!