Favorite defunt ride

DropZone99

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went 17 years between my first and second visits to KI ('75-'92). So, if I could I would love to be able to go back and ride Lion Country Safari and Enchanted Voyage.

As far as rides I can actually remember, I would have to go with King Cobra, Antique Cars, Phantom Theatre, and Days of Thunder in the F/X Theater.

mine would have to be phantom theatre because i remember riding it when i was a kid...i remember being scared the first time too!...lol....

i can't believe they got rid of that attraction...i rode the scooby doo themed ghost hunt they replaced it with for the first time a few months ago..it was so depressing seeing it totally replaced...

...and then other people get upset when older topics are resurrected. It's one or the other as a policy. If people are supposed to dig up old topics if they wish to discuss them, they should not be dissed when they do. If they are supposed to start a new topic if something hasn't been talked about in years, they shouldn't be dissed when they do.

Besides, peoples' opinions change. I miss some things more now than I did ten years ago, and others less, for example. That slab of ribs cooking outside Columbia Palace smells better in my memory every year, while the Sky Ride, though a grand ride, has declined somewhat in my fond memories.

...and then other people get upset when older topics are resurrected. It's one or the other as a policy. If people are supposed to dig up old topics if they wish to discuss them, they should not be dissed when they do. If they are supposed to start a new topic if something hasn't been talked about in years, they shouldn't be dissed when they do.

Besides, peoples' opinions change. I miss some things more now than I did ten years ago, and others less, for example. That slab of ribs cooking outside Columbia Palace smells better in my memory every year, while the Sky Ride, though a grand ride, has declined somewhat in my fond memories.

See, I'd love to have one of the Gormet Burgers and Onion Rings at Columbia Palace while watching the Bar Belles Perform.

My favorite defunct rides would have to be......... King Cobra, Days Of Thunder, Flying Eagles, and I would have to say one of the ones i most miss is Phantom Theatre. I will never forget the first time i saw Maestro, it was very enchanting. (No pun intended)

My favorite defunct rides would have to be......... King Cobra, Days Of Thunder, Flying Eagles, and I would have to say one of the ones i most miss is Phantom Theatre. I will never forget the first time i saw Maestro, it was very enchanting. (No pun intended)

OOH Yeah! I remember days of thunder back when I was like 6, I remember getting scared because the q-line goes by The Racer I was convinced my dad was lieing to me and trying to get me on The Racer.

Yea I wonder how come Kings Island really doesn't have a transport ride in the main park. The Sky Ride at Cedar Point is sweet when you really want to ride Raptor and are at the wrong end. I would like to see soemthing at KI that would stop at Action Zone Coney Mall River Town, Boomerrang bay and then kiddie land. LIke a mini light rail or something. I notice alot of KIs ride seemed more spread out that say Cedar Point.