Vortex

coaster_junky

I would describe it as that exactly. First you go through 2 loops back to back. Then the train reaches a smaller hill and brakes. At that point it goes through a "corkscrew" which is what I consider to be 2 loops fused together with no interuption, and then the batwing, which is about exactly what it seems like. All in all the 'tex has 6 loops, and the most inversions of any coaster in the park.

Interesting... because it does say 6 moments of inversion so they probably are counting that section of track as one corkscrew (like everyone else has said).

so would that mean that mantis at Cedar Point has only half a corkscrew? :unsure:

Yep, I'm confused about that one too. I would say that Vortex should be counted as two corkscrews considering that they boast six inversions...two loops, two corksrews and boomerang loop. RCDB lists it as a double corkscrew.

I always considered Vortex to have one corkscrew, or a double corkscrew. But on rides such as Mantis, they have a flat-spin.

The Vortex technically has 2 corkscrews. Not one. Either call it two Corkscrews or a double Corkscrew.

And as far as Corkscrew-Flat spin goes, Arrow calls them Corkscrews, B&M calles them Flat Spins.