40th Birthday Weekend PTR

BavarianBeatle

Well, I turned the big 4-0 last Friday and spent the weekend with my kids at KI on Friday night, then at CP on Saturday night and Sunday. Saturday night was terrible, only two rides in three hours at the park, but did get to see the end of the Buckeyes' game at the hotel. I hope our neighbors weren't too mad when they heard: "TOUCHDOWN!!!!" followed shortly by "INTERCEPTED!!!"...LOL!!!!

Friday night and Sunday were wonderful. Here are a few pictures:

100_0014.jpg

This looks good in the fog....

A few monsters....

100_0027.jpg

100_0028.jpg

100_0032.jpg

Us on the train....

100_0039.jpg

A very fun night. They love The Haunt.

We will skip Saturday!

Then there was Sunday, a perfect day. The weather was pleasant, there were not the bees that I expect this time of the year, and the lines were short. Raptor was a walk-on!!! I had never seen that before. The kids rode everything they wanted and we had a ball!! It was a perfect day!!! Then on the ride home they wanted a laser pointer when we stopped for gas...It had a lot of attachments on the front and they BEGGEED!!! me to buy it for them, so I did but told them they would have to earn the money for it. As we pulled out of that gas station parking lot, the "Happy Birthday" image from that laser pointer appeared on the windshield..... They earned it!!!! Need I say more!?

100_0055.jpg

100_0056.jpg

100_0058.jpg

100_0062.jpg

100_0063.jpg

100_0073.jpg

100_0066.jpg

Thanks for reading. I drove home while they slept in the backseat knowing that it was all worth all of the small troubles that may arise along the way...

--Michael

And THAT, my friends, is what amusement parks and the industry are all about.

Congratulations, Bavarian Beetle, for a great trip, a well deserved Happy Birthday, and for being the great father you so obviously are. These are the days, my friend, you'll think they'll never end......

Terpy, sentimental....and remembering going to Kings Island with his Dad. . .

And THAT, my friends, is what amusement parks and the industry are all about.

Congratulations, Bavarian Beetle, for a great trip, a well deserved Happy Birthday, and for being the great father you so obviously are. These are the days, my friend, you'll think they'll never end......

Terpy, sentimental....and remembering going to Kings Island with his Dad. . .

Indeed that is why we do this.... Thank you my friend, but I know that these days will end, especially at the end of the season! I, saddly, know that these days are numbered.

--Beatle, who hopes to one day post a similar PTR with his grandchildren.... :)

Isnt it great to spend your birthday at a park? I know its my goal every year (June 2,) this year I had to delay it a few days but it was still a blast (went to CM!.) I also love doing CP and KI on the same weekend, that I usually do for either Labor Day or Memorial Day Weekend.

Man, its been way too long since Ive been to a park, cant wait to hit CP again this Sunday (KI comes next weekend.) Hope you had a great birthday!

Beatle, great PTR! I love seeing more and more photo tr's on this site, good work! Glad to see you guys had such a great time. From your other reports I know how special spending time with your sons at KI is and I am glad to see you have such a good trip for your birthday. One of my best memories when I was a kid is when just my dad and I would go to Kings Island and I would beg to ride the (then called) X's Raceway and he would let me, that was the only time of the season, just me and him.

Heres to future memories for you and your kids!

Oh man, I know what you mean about Saturday at CP. I was there all day, about 12:30 to midnight. Nearly full queue for Dragster, well past the pop machines for Millennium Force, almost two hours for Cornstalkers....Craziness. I must say, the ride crews were doing an excellent job, especially considering they had Ride Prides and volunteers working various positions. Gemini was two-sided and consistently dispatching well before the following trains were in the brakes. I was thoroughly impressed, great day at the Point.

Love your report and a great big HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Yes hun your children will grow so fast that these memories will seem like so long ago!! Mine are all grown with their own families and it really seemed to go so fast! Now we are watching the grandchildren growing up!! I have grandchildren that are the age of your boys and I am 52. Enjoy it hun!!! Love every second!! CF/Kings Island will always bring back great memories!

Thanks for the great pictures!!! My hubby and I are going to Cedar Fair next year for the first time. Any suggestions??

Awesome PTR!! Your kids are so adorable! I know we have talked a little bit about the importance of family in a couple of PM's and it's really great to see that through your pictures. And don't feel like your kids will just ditch you once they get older. I'm sure they'll go through that "I'm too cool to hang out with dad" phase like every other kid on the planet, but once they get a little bit older they will realize what is most important to them and will want to spend time with their great father! Trust me, I went through it and it took me until I turned 20 and got ready to move out until I realized how awesome it is to spend time with family! And yes, I'm sure you'll be just like my grandpa riding The Beast still when he was about 67 with his grandkids!! :D

Hope you had a wonderful birthday!

~Ash

WOW! What a very nice trip report...and a great way to celebrate the big 4-0...it will be a memory that you will have forever....at least until alzheimers sets in down the road!

Your pictures alone tell what a great time that you had...your boys look like they are having the time of their lives. You should be very proud.

Happy (belated) Birthday.

Unless I fly to one of the year round parks, I won't be able to spend my birthday at an amusement park. That is what stinks about having a birthday in March.

Six Flags is open in March.

March is actually a great time for Bush Gardens, Disney or Universal.

Just don't do it at Spring Break Time.

Great PTR Beatle! I love seeing families having fun at the parks.

I was standing in line with my daughter for Swiper's Sweepers on Sunday, she looked at Avatar and said that she liked that ride. I said, "But you haven't ridden it yet, you still need to be a little taller." She asked me "Yeah, but when I get taller can I ride it with you?" I said "Alright, I'll have a riding buddy!", and she says "Yeah, and we can ride ALL the roller coasters too!" I can't wait for that, but also don't want her to grow up too fast! Have fun with the boys while you can.

As far as spending my birthday in a park, that was once possible here. But there's no way I'm going anywhere near a year-round park, particularly Disney, in December... although Dollywood might be nice.

Love your report and a great big HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Yes hun your children will grow so fast that these memories will seem like so long ago!! Mine are all grown with their own families and it really seemed to go so fast! Now we are watching the grandchildren growing up!! I have grandchildren that are the age of your boys and I am 52. Enjoy it hun!!! Love every second!! CF/Kings Island will always bring back great memories!

Thanks for the great pictures!!! My hubby and I are going to Cedar Fair next year for the first time. Any suggestions??

First of all. thank you all for the compliments!! Wasn't sure how my first PTR would go!! But the pictures turned out very good. The Power Tower one with the completely empty sky and the ride at the top was one I just couldn't pass up....

Karen, my suggestion is to not go on a Saturday night!!! I have always found Sundays to be the least crowded at CP. On Saturday, it was difficult to even walk down the midways with the crowds waiting in line for food and the people trying to pass that getting backed up. Nobody needs that and you dont need to get stuck in the middle of that kind of a mess!! Especially because people started jostling each other and get hurried, then angry, etc..... So my only suggestion is to avoid Saturdays!!

What a touching TR. The laser pointer part was awesome. It reminds me of my trips to KI with my Dad back in the day. You and your boys are very lucky to get to spend time with each other doing what you all like to do. Very heart-warming. Thank you, you just made my week with that TR.