~BYE~ Best Year Ever 2008!

Captain Nemo

~BYE~
Best Year Ever

On April 20, 2008, Kings Island opened up its gates for the season. We were all overjoyed to see our favorite rides returning for another great summer, but little did we know this would be the biggest summer ever for Kings Island.
Welcome to the 5th annual ~BYE~ topic. Where do I begin, this past summer has been nothing but spectacular. Kings Island may be closing for the season but lets take a look at some of the accomplishments made this past year!

April

-Kings Island opens for its 37th season!
-We are treated to new ride names and cool new logos!
-Cinnabon Opens on International Street!
-The Festhaus receives its first live show since the mid 90's, The County Line!
-Nostalgia returns to Racer as both Race as they did when they first opened!
-Tomb Raider is brought back more darker and more terrifying in... The Crypt!

May
-Robbie Knievel successfully jumps 24 Coke Zero trucks!

June
-Flashback:Totally 80's opens!
-Girls Night Out opens in the Festhaus!

July
-Rick Wallenda beats his grandfathers High wire record!
-Kings Island offers its greatest 4th of July fireworks displays ever!

Augest
-Diamondback is announced!
-KICentral hosts its second event!
-The Bradys return to Kings Island!

September

-Major League Eating!
-Carmen Electra makes a special appearance at Kings Island!
-For the 8th year in a row, Kings Island receives the Golden Ticket for best kids area!
-World's largest line dance makes it into the Guinness Book of World Records at Kings Island!
-Halloween Haunt returns more gory than ever!

I think it is clear enough the Kings Island had the Best Year Every!

Like before, This years ~BYE~ will have no poll, only a set of questions that you can answer. Answer each question giving feedback and reason for your decision. Let's get started!

As seen above, every month this year had some spectacular event! What month was the best out of the 08' season?

Did the word, "Nostalgia" Have its best year ever?

What roller coaster in your opinion had its best year ever? What thrill ride?

Did Halloween Haunt have its best year ever?

What restaurant had the best food?

What crew/area was best?

The Crypt could be considered the new ride this year, did it have its best year ever?

What new show in 2008 was the best in your opinion?

What was the best thing that happened this year at Kings Island?

What change from 2007 to 2008 was the best?

Did Kings Island Central have its best year ever?

Was 2008 Kings Islands Best Year Ever? What was the best park about this season, what about 2009 do you look most forward to?

You may add more reason of why you think 2008 was the best year ever after these question. Please respect others opinions. Till next year, Have a great rest of your year!

-Captain Nemo

As seen above, every month this year had some spectacular event! What month was the best out of the 08' season?

1. Hmm, I'd have to say that August was the Best Month with Diamondback, KICentral Day, and the Brady Bunch.

2. Nostalgia did have it's best year. With The Racer Turnaround, new Shows including Totally 80's, and a much cleaner and nicer park, definately felt better.

1. What Roller Coaster had it's best year ever? Probably The Racer. It was smoother then it's been in years, had members of the Bradys for the first time since '73, and got the Nostalgia Bug.

2. Even though I havn't been from what I've seen and herd from others definately. More Monsters, more Haunts, and better Quality.

What crew/area was best?

1. Wings Dinner.

2. Hmm, I'd have to say The Beast crew. Fast and eiffeciant.

The Crypt could be considered the new ride this year, did it have its best year ever?

1. Nah, definately not. The ride may be more intense but the lack of theme kills it.

2. I'm gonna say Flashback Totally 80s.

1. Hmm, I'm gonna say Racer being turned around and re-tracked. For years I'd never ride it because it was so rough but now it's one of the best at KI.

2. I'm Kinda Glad Paramounts gone. :)

Was 2008 Kings Islands Best Year Ever? What was the best park about this season, what about 2009 do you look most forward to?

1. Of course, every year surpasses the last. With the exlusive pics, KICentral Second Coming, and Ryan's Black Hat.

2. I don't want to say that it was the best year ever, but it was a GREAT year. What am I looking forward to the most in 2009?

uhh...

Diamondback!

August

Yep. Racer, World record attempts, shows! The list goes on!

Racer and Drop Tower

Yes

I didn't eat inside the park this year.

What crew/area was best?

I liked Beast's crew.

Phhhbbtbbtbt!

Didn't see one!

Diamondback WAS ANNOUNCED

Diamondback WAS ANNOUNCED

Yeah, because Diamondback WAS ANNOUNCED

Yep, it was the best year. The best part of the park this year was that Diamondback WAS ANNOUNCED. In 2009, I look forward to seeing the Tower again... jk

Diamondback WILL BE THERE

Yes and oh what a year it has been definately my favorite year at KI.

1.To me it was the month of July. I had 3 trips i think and every one was special because Kings Island is the only summer destination in my book

2.Nostalgia, of course i mean they brought back Rick Wallenda, Robbie Knievel, and The Bradys. Not to mention turning The Racers back around.

3.Well i would have to say The Beast i rode it multiple times and it seemed to pick up speed this year. Now as far as thrill ride, need i say more.

4.This si the only year i have been to KI and stayed for the haunts so yes imo it did.

5.By far Panda Express baby!

6.The Beast! Grats Nemo and Gordan!

7.No, plain and simply no.

8.County Line, it was the only one i got to see.

9.Announcement of Diamondback.

10.To me the cleanliness of the park.

11.By far the best year. The updates and photos were spectacular.

12.Yes this was the best season in my opinion that Kings Island has ever had. New coaster, new shows, tons of entertainment, Kings Island, Where Else?

August, when Diamondback was announced.

Yes. I loved the return of the Bradys, and the 80s Flashback shows. I was born in 1982, and Material Girl by Madonna was my favorite song as a little girl, plus I've been visiting KI for over 12 years. So whenever I heard that song playing in the park or at the shows, it brought a smile to my face.

Bringing back Knievel was really awesome too.

I think Son of Beast did. It sure drew a lot of publicity and always seemed to have a long line. Skyflyer also seemed extremely popular on every visit I made this year.

Yes. I liked how they even turned the water tower into a fright zone.

Stunt Crew Grill. Every time I've eaten there this year (which has been several times), the food is hot and fresh.

What crew/area was best?

Skyflyer, Vortex, and Beast. Extremely efficient crews, great capacity. I did not ride Skyflyer, but every time I looked at it, the cables were descending or there were people flying.

No.

80s Flashback!

Not only the announcement of Diamondback, but the Robbie Knievel show. It really put KI on the map.

The CF takeover.

This is my first year on KIC, so I don't really have an answer. Sorry!

Yes. Like everyone else, I am looking forward to the almighty Diamondback.

1. For me October turned out to be the best month. The weather was relatively nice for this time of the year, and my kids got to experience the Haunt for the first time. I like things like that. But, as I often do, I accept that bittersweet feeling that comes as they grow up.

2. Nostalgia was ok this year. Seeing the clown band, riding The Racer forward again, the Wallenda and Kneivel events and the Bradys were all very nice.

3. SoB had its best year ever. It was very enjoyable for me and the kids, and moving the onride photo was much needed. As for thrill rides, I must say Delerium, but only because my kids were able to ride it for the first time.

4. HH was good, as always. I've always liked it and this year was no different.

5. Best food? As always..... Funnel Cakes!!!!

6. The best crew was The Beast, by far!!!! Several of the workers, in particular Lauren and Stephen, knew my kids by name. They were very good kids and a credit to the park!!!! Lauren even approached and said hello to the boys when she was at the park and not working on the day Diamondback was announced. I appreciated that very much!!!!

7. Only rode The Crypt once. Compared to Tomb Raider I thought it was a tie.

8. My favorite show was County Line. The female singers were very talented. The girl in the white shirt had a better voice than anyone I think I have ever heard at a KI show.

9. The best thing that happened at Kings Island this year? HMMM... This year and every year my answer is that I got to spend time there!!!!!!!!!!!

10. The best change, IMO was removing those annoying fences from The Beast's entrance, which, ironically, I will only see a few more times.... It will be sorely missed.......

11. I recently had my first anniversary as a member of KIC, so for me it was the best by default....LOL!!!!

12. For me, 2008 was great for the park, the wonderful events and finally moving into the 21st century with DB. But for me, 2007 was the first year I got to ride coasters with my kids..... No year at the park will ever top that!!

But this was a great year!!! Thank you all for adding to it!!!

October has been the best month for me. I've had a lot of the days I so desperately craved and couldn't find this summer...by that I mean WALK-ON DAYS of course!! :) Plus, I like the trend of lightening up on the brakes...shhh...don't tell maintenance that I've noticed.

I agree that Beast's crew is amazing this year, and there are so many that I've gotten attached to who shall remain nameless. The Son of Beast crew should also be complemented. They almost always get out the train from the station by the time the one on the course comes back...but then...two trains...second longest wooden coaster...tall lift hill that takes forever...great big ride-sucking brake at the mid-course...they should!

As for 09, other than the aforementioned excitement already present in this thread, I'm excited to see what they do to Beast for his 30th birthday...and it better not be G-trains.

What month was the best out of the 08' season?

May and October

yeah...it did...

Son of Beast and Racer...the thrill rides didn't seem much different.

it was awesome... as always..

the only thing in the park with the general public involving food I did was Greater's milkshake..

What crew/area was best?

I liked it this year...less painful...just wish it had more stuff in it

always the ice skating show and I really liked County Line. 80s was just OK (as far stunts went) the singing could have been better. Although Natalie done a great job. Never got to see Girls Night Out

Not a new show but oh well, Hot Island Rythems.. seemed alright. I never sat through the entire thing this year, just walked past it numerous times while on the clock.

Robbie Knievel day

Racer. Everytime I rode "backwards racer" I came off with bleeding fingers..

never got to attend this year or last year so can't really make any sort of judgement here

Unless you are referring to the site in general...then I guess it did..I didn't come on much

It was fun...just alot of personal issues in my life kind of affected it some.

I guess Diamondback, but I am not exactly obsessed with it. The ride I rode most this year was Flight Deck xD

What month was the best out of the 08' season?

I would have to say August because of Diamondback's announcement, KICentral Day, and the great Labor Day activities!

I think so. The atmosphere for Knievel was amazing! I also loved The Racer ride with The Bradys. I was surprised on how great The Racer was this year. I did not like the decision to turn it around, but now I absolutely love it!!

I think The Racer had its best year ever. I did not like the decision to turn it around because I couldn't stand the blue side. However, the red side was a lot smoother and my brother and I have fell in love with the front seat (we usually are back-of-the-train guys).

This was my first year ever to Halloween Haunt so I can't properly judge. However, I fell in love with it!! It was so much fun, and I can't wait for next year's HH!

I think the Skyline Chili on International Street had the best food. However, I did think the pizza inside The Festhaus was pretty good.

What crew/area was best?

I would have to say The Beast crew with Adventure Express' crew coming in second. I say The Beast's crew was better because they interacted with the guests more.

Did not ride it.

Flashback: Totally 80's!!!!! I did not watch this show until KICentral Day because I can't stand most 80's music. However, I loved the show and was hooked. I made sure to watch it at least once every time I went after KIC Day. The County Line would come in second. This was another show I made sure to catch every time!

I would also have give mention to Ghouls Gone Wild. Another great show!!!

Diamondback's Announcement and construction

It would have to be between The Racer being turned around and the new shows! I think The Racer being turned around wins by a nose.

I believe so!

I am not sure if it is Kings Island's best year ever since I didn't get a chance to experience the park from 1972-1986. But, I do think it was the best I have ever experienced. It was the most fun I have ever had!

I look forward to Diamondback and new shows (I would love if Flashback: Totally 80's and The County Line returned).

June. Cause that's the month I went!

Beast. Apparenty CF has turned off some of the bra*es.

What crew/area was best?

Flight of Fear.

My first visit.

If not then I want to see it in the prime

Son of Beast. I never once saw this thing down except when someone ate too much before riding. Same goes for Drop Tower

Yes

LaRosas

What crew/area was best?

The Beast

Sure the Crypt had it best year ever "The Crypt" was only a year old

As much as I loathe country music I did like The County Line

Robbie Knievel

Son of Beast ALL YEAR LONG

Yes

Yes, Robbie Knievel, Diamondback

I'm going to have to say May. The whole Robbie Knieval stunt was awesome.

Yeah.

I would have to say The Beast. Drop Tower.

You bet it did!! Urgent Scare was alright, but the Trail of Terror is my favorite.

Panda Express!! =]

What crew/area was best?

My opinion, Vortex.

Oh yeah!! Although, I wish it was pitch black while on the ride.

I didn't watch any shows.

Seeing DB being erected before my eyes.

The atmosphere. It seemed so much cleaner now the CF took ownership.

I dont know. Never attended their activities.

For me, yeah. Because of all the exciting things that came, Carmen Electra, Brady Bunch, Robbie Knieval, etc.

Of course DB is what I look forward to see!!

• 3 weeks later...

For me it was October because of the Haunt, but August was pretty big too.

Oh yeah. Hopefully they'll continue it.

The Racers with the change to direction.

The Crypt was great with the change of thrills over theme.

I wouldn't say it was the best year ever, but it was pretty good. Pretty good is great though, in my book.

I only eat LaRosa's so the one by The Beast is the best.

What crew/area was best?

Beast Crew!

Oh yeah, see above.

The Brady Bunch Show, since it was the only one I saw.

The announcement of Diamondback

The Crypt.

Oh yeah, the excitement of Diamondback created tons of topics and discussions. I even came out of my lurking cave to join in and haven't stopped.

Was 2008 Kings Islands Best Year Ever? What about 2009 do you look most forward to?

It's the best year in a while, that's for sure.

Of course, I'm extremely excited about Diamondback for 2009, as is everyone else.