King Cobras trains arrive at Kings Dominion

yournamehere

Why would a coaster that was already "rotting" while sitting outside be in any worse shape while it was stored outside? Put another way, King Cobra's structure always lived outside...the trains spent most of their summers in the station...and winters indoors...and after the coaster closed, the trains lived indoors and the structure continued to live outdoors. How is this any different? Not to mention that few really believe the coaster was ever really for sale, given its condition when it was removed...

Guest rcfreak339

Ha! That's great Terpy! I want to know why Navy Peir didn't clean me up after I got pooped on by a seagull 4 times in less then an hour....

I have seen the trains inside FoF from the walk back at the KICEvent and the trains where nothing but dusty and certianly reusable.....But track peices can not after sitting out there in a feaild for almost 2 years.....

Oh...and did track pieces not sit outside the entire time the coaster was at Kings Island?

My point is a simple one. The coaster was removed at Kings Island because it was at the end of its useful life. As has often been stated here, the ride was constructed of what proved to be inferior steel. If the "track pieces" weren't grand at the end of their time as part of the entire coaster....how would storage in a field afterwards hurt? Even if the coaster track and structure had been in fine fettle, during its time in Ohio, it had always been outside. Why would you think that two more years outside is somehow going to be so bad for it?

• 2 weeks later...

No, King Cobra closed at the end of the 2001 season. It was removed early in the 2002 season (demolition was roughly 80% done when the park opened in 2002). Construction on Delirium began in September of 2002.

And Carter, I`d be careful with what you post on these forums. Make sure your post has valid content and discussion points before submitting a reply or a new post.

Some of the discussion here may be off the topic of the thread, and often is, but mean spirited posts about other park chains that don't even express factual information that, when challenged, are answered with things like "I just don't like [them]" are not tolerated. This is a place where constructive criticism of the industry is more than welcomed, but attack for the mere purpose of attack is not. And know that when a mod makes a statement like the one you saw Robbie make, there are almost invariably either edited or deleted posts you may not have seen (even you, Beast1979, are not here every minute of every day, though it seems close to it sometimes!:)) and often even PMs to the poster before any public comment is made about posting.

It's probably not a good idea to lighten up a comment made by a mod to another poster. Especially when it comes from the easy going and tolerant Robbie. There's a reason. To quote what Robbie said to him, you might want to think about this:

...Make sure your post has valid content and discussion points before submitting a reply or a new post. ...

That would seem particularly apt advice in a situation where a mod is addressing another poster about how to and how not to post.

That being said, happy holidays to all! :)

In a field!?! Wouldn't it rot? At least put it in a shed! Why a field? You mean with grass in it? Or some other kind of field I don't know about?

Why yes!! A field with Grass!!!

Well, a field with grass is better than say, a mine field.

I guess the trains being at KD means we won't be able to see them in a ghostlike and dust covered state during any other KIC days...oh well. They made for some cool pictures while they lasted.