world fastest coaster!

Guest rcfreak339

Oh yeah that coaster looks lame....135mph whoop de freakin doo! You only stay at that speed for maybe 2 seconds then followed by Trims from the devil....Just a big oval with a couple of truns.

okay, first of all, this video is just promotional. we have no way of knowing what the layout is going to bed. from what i understand, that video is just clips of different portions of the ride, in no specific order. until we know the exact layout of the ride, we can hardly call this ride lame. it is rumored to be heavily themed as well as very intense.

i have to ask, would you be calling it lame if it was being built at Kings Island? i doubt it. we would be praising the addition of a 135mph coaster, much like we did TTD even though it is a "one trick pony". S&S is known for world class attractions, and i'm sure stan and is crew will not disapoint with this new attraction.

While I don't argue that S&S is a great company, with some great rides... They have produced some stinkers:

http://www.rcdb.com/ig3465.htm?picture=1

From what I've heard pretty much across the board, these rides are awful (painful).

While 135mph would be awesome. I don't think it'll feel all the different from TTD or KK. And it ruins the sheer speed by ramming it into a brake run immediately.. Just my opinion.

And I will be the skunk at the Sunday School picnic. You do not have to go that far to find an S & S stinker. Hypersonic XLC. Delightfully wonderful its first year...and a cornucopia of pain thereafter. A beautiful ride to behold....I submit there ARE many, many reasons it does not operate at Kings Dominion any more, and is in fact for sale. . .and that no one has bought it.

As for the promotional video, it is my experience that companies show the best parts of the products they have for sale. Heavily themed? So is Mousey In A Box at Great Adventure (who knew they had Tomb Raider envy?). And I have heard virtually no one have so much as a kind word for that Shapiro-Snyder extravaganza.

Ahhh yes ring°racer. I am amazed at how quickly speed is shed in the video. Should be interesting as more facts come out, but from what Ive heard and the promotional artwork I have seen the coaster seems to be very short and no real drop. At least Kingda Ka and TTD use their speed to reach amazing heights and have awesome drops. This on the other hand look more like Stanley's beloved Snow Shot making a full circuit.

That was just about the most random coaster I've seen in a long time. Here I was thinking the coaster wars ended with Kingda Ka, I thought that when you got to the point where you launched, went up, went back down, and ended the ride, you've gone far enough.

But apperently I was wrong. I see several things wrong with this coaster.

1. It's stupid. You launch, hit a set of trims, then go into a few turns. Now, Top Thrill Dragster and Kingda Ka have things going for them, Speed and Hight. People will wait to go 120 miles per hour and 420 feet in the air. But this, with the trims and the size of the turns I don't see this going over 250 feet high. So, where's the real trick? You hit 135 mph for a split second. Hey, there are many other coasters out there that catapult you like that.

2. This seems like a mantinence Nightmare. I see the trains on this experiencing major fatuige and lots of lateral g's on the turns. Also, I don't think that 135 MPH launch is going to be a walk in the park. I bet that launch section will cause for major downtime.

3. Capacity. This ride will have 2 cars per train and 4 people per car. And There's going to be a lot of "Stacking" like on Top Thrill Dragster. I bet this will have an over 2 hour wait, because not only will there be a lot of people who want to ride (And then never ride again), but there won't be the seats to eat them.

2. This seems like a mantinence Nightmare. I see the trains on this experiencing major fatuige and lots of lateral g's on the turns. Also, I don't think that 135 MPH launch is going to be a walk in the park. I bet that launch section will cause for major downtime.

Stanley would beg to differ. I wonder if he still thinks he can launch airplanes with air?

Should be interesting to see how it works out, but I dont have much faith either Beast1979

Before any of you talk about how lame you think this ride is, hear me out. The coaster is NOT going to a amusement park. The coaster is being placed in nuerburgring, this area in Germany is a major motorsport race track. for 2009 they are adding major new attractions. It will become a museum and hotel, on top of that the new Ring Coaster we are all talking about. Obviously they are not looking to build a coaster with loops, twists and turns but something fellow racing fans can ride to simulate the experience of a formula 1 race car driver. I find the coaster fascinating and thrilling, no matter the layout it looks to successfully fit in with the theme and offer thrills.

While I don't argue that S&S is a great company, with some great rides... They have produced some stinkers:

http://www.rcdb.com/ig3465.htm?picture=1

From what I've heard pretty much across the board, these rides are awful (painful).

While 135mph would be awesome. I don't think it'll feel all the different from TTD or KK. And it ruins the sheer speed by ramming it into a brake run immediately.. Just my opinion.

You will NEVER see me on those.

• 2 months later...

Kingda Ka goes from 0 − 128 mph in 3.5 seconds. How is 0 − 134.8 mph in 2.5 seconds nearly twice as fast? Answer, it isn't....Top Thrill? 0 − 120 mph in 4 seconds. Those who have ridden both will tell you Ka has a significantly different launch than TTD. I am sure Ring Racer will be different still, but if Hypersonic XLC is any indicator, and it is, they can have it.

The launch system is the same..a thrust air system. One can only hope the different track and trains will give a different ride experience. In its first year, Hypersonic XLC was a delight. For me at least, the experiences of that first year were not subsequently repeated. To put it nicely. There is a reason (or many more reasons than one) the ride is no longer at Kings Dominion. And why it was modified time and again, as were its trains.

First off, the coaster is inside. It will run around a new complex that is in the construction stage, and pretty darn close to done. (I hope) It is a fairly large place, the attached document is a basic layout, and to give you an idea on how big it is: #4 the arena holds about 5,000 to 8,000 depending on arrangement of stands. (They originally said 10,000 to 12,000 but I say no way.) The First Star center down town holds about 10,000 to 13,000 I think, so that will give you an idea on how big the structure that the coaster is in is. The coasters path is the purple line in the diagram, that is only where the coaster will be, not the actual track lay out. The video at the beginning of the thread, was the concept video and by no accounts represents what the coaster will be like when it is done.

Structure:

http://www.nuerburgring.de/fileadmin/2008/..._Legende_OG.jpg

Nuerburging's web site:

http://www.nuerburgring.de/home.324.0.html

• 4 months later...

If you get a German written sight, just look for the British flag and that will take you to an English mirror site. And yes it will be helpful to know German if you go there, but they do have English speaking hosts to help you find the events and display's that are in English. (But it is pretty self explanatory and easy to find on your own.)

• 2 weeks later...