Starlight Experience to Brighten Cedar Point's Frontier Trail

Cedar Point's Frontier Trail will be filled with light and music when the Sandusky, Ohio, amusement park/resort will introduce the Starlight Experience, a brand new themed lighted walkway, for this summer. Each night, the Frontier Trail will be transformed into a brilliant canopy of lights and colors that will be themed to the changing of the seasons. Similar to the climate in the Midwest, each display will gently segue into a different season.

Accompanied with music, the Starlight Experience will use a diverse mixture of colored lights and displays to decorate and highlight the buildings, trees and structures along the wooded walkway. It will extend from the bridge across from the Snake River Falls water ride to the tunnel beneath Millennium Force....

http://www.marketwire.com/press-release/Ce...int-971739.html

Besides being visually stunning, the Starlight Experience will also be environmentally friendly. LED lights use a lot less energy and will last considerably longer than standard bulbs. Plus, LED lights reduce the emission of carbon dioxide and do not contain mercury.

Kudos to Cedar Point. As if I wasn't already in love with the park enough. ^_^

I think it sounds awesome, another reason to love CP... and oh how I do love it there.

Like Raptor said though, I wonder if it's the right place for it. Psychadelics don't really fit with the good old west.

I'm sure I'll think it's great and can not wait to see it!!!!!!

I agree that they're doing it to bring attention to the area I was just wondering if it will feel out of place. Walking down Frontier Trail doesn't make me think of high tech lighting.

I bet it will be a cool time out of time feeling though and I'm starting to get really excited about this thing!

I'll have to wait to see what it actually is until I pass judgment but my initial reaction is why mess with the last beautiful area of the park. I think I'd prefer to see this some where else but like I said I'll have to wait and see before deciding if I like it or not.

Kind of weird how they will be closing that part of the midway for half an hour each night. Kind of ruins the plan to ride Maverick then run to Millie for one last ride or visa versa...

There is a new blog entry today that talks about the Starlight Experience among other things. I have to say the more I learn about this the more I think it sounds a little corny and a detraction from my favorite area of the park.

Who knows maybe it will be considered a huge hit by everyone... even me :)