The NEW Crypt 5/15

Ki Man

So today (May 15th 2009) after a few Diamondback rides; Sean(Kawana), a friend of mine, and I decide to head on over to the Crypt.

It's closed..

The operator asks if we ride it a lot, and said we'll be in for a surprise becuase they changed the program. They toned it down. She said it only does two flips, because, well...the ride's been tearing itself apart (Who didn't know that one.)

So we head inside, wait a few minutes...and we notice that the wall that opens up to let you walk into the ride (exiting the Deathbat room) is gone. There's just a gate. So you can see the ride operating!

-In my opinion, I HATE this....it takes away the 'secret and secluded' feel of the ride.

So, we go and sit down, and it starts up normally...but instead of heading into a flip, it just goes up and over (see Timmy's Air Tours) and then goes into one flip. It goes up to the top, reverses, and goes into an up and over...then a flip. These aren't like the USUAL Crypt flips, where it's OMFG PLASTER YOU TO YOUR SEAT flips...it's just...very gentle. It goes one more up and over, then carefully lands you back to stop. By that time, we're booing. Not just me, Sean, and my friend....THE WHOLE GONDOLA!

The seats lift up, and the operators are asking everyone how the ride went. He's what I heard:

"Put it in kiddy land, because Avatar is more intense"

"It was boring" x10

"It was horrible" x5

"I want the old Crypt back" x3

"Waste of time."

"Put something different in"

"That sucked."

I agree with all of the above. The Crypt was one of my FAVORITE flats, and I've been all over the world. Now....it's, well go ride it for yourself. Oh, you'll be in for a surprise. I'd rather it be gone than exist with the program it has.

BOOOOO.

-Zach

Personally I think they ruined the "secret and secluded" aspect of the ride by adding so many bright lights in quene area, so the big stone wall being gone doesn't matter much to me. I'm heading to KI tomorrow after a day at The Beach so I guess i'll see how bad the new ride program is firsthand :\

Really? Wow, just wow. A new ride added to my "Please Remove" list:

1. Son of Beast

2. The Crypt

3. Scooby Doo and the Styrofoam Castle

Just a tip for you...Don't let Keiko_Coaster know that you think Scooby Doo should removed...Cause she'll scratch your eyes right out.

Wow, it just keeps getting worse and worse for The Crypt. This will be the Crypt's (TRTR's) 8th season this year. It went from being themed extremely well, with special effects, and an awesome program to a boring ride in a crusty garage. I'm not saying they should give up and tear it out, it just needs A LOT of work! If anything they should just turn all the lights off in the ride chamber, and have it in complete darkness, except a few strobes here or there.

It just sort of aggrivates me that they would let The Crypt become so trashy and unthemed. But there's nothing we can do about it, we don't run the park. I'm sure people will still wait in line for it no matter what.

I saw that The Crypt was done a good portion of the day, and when it was finally opened, I did see many unhappy faces in its general vicinity. I guess this would explain why.

- Matt, who never road TR:TR or The Crypt... but is still disappointed because he knows many people who enjoyed one of the parks high intensity, thrilling flats.

The quote that caught my attention was "It's tearing itself apart." We've all known this for quite a while, but when you tone a ride down to the point that even the general public is complaining about how mild it is, simply because you need to prevent itself from falling apart, then you may have quite a problem.

Why do I find myself wondering, "What can we put in it's place?"

Wow, it just keeps getting worse and worse for The Crypt. This will be the Crypt's (TRTR's) 8th season this year. It went from being themed extremely well, with special effects, and an awesome program to a boring ride in a crusty garage. I'm not saying they should give up and tear it out, it just needs A LOT of work! If anything they should just turn all the lights off in the ride chamber, and have it in complete darkness, except a few strobes here or there.

It just sort of aggrivates me that they would let The Crypt become so trashy and unthemed. But there's nothing we can do about it, we don't run the park. I'm sure people will still wait in line for it no matter what.

There was actually a very interesting thread awhile back where someone suggested that the crypt be re-themed as a "Twister" type scenario. Did anyone see that? I'd love for that to happen.

EDIT: See RailRider's post on the first page: http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php?...74&hl=Crypt

I am pretty sure I saw it. That would be a really cool one of a kind experience! I also remember someone making a thread about how it could be themed to a mine. The actual gondola would be a huge drilling machine, and it would be malfunctioning. Both would be really cool ways to theme a topspin. Not to mention it would be way better than The Crypt's "theme" it has now (falling apart broken things) :lol:

• Like 1

Guest TombraiderTy
I am pretty sure I saw it. That would be a really cool one of a kind experience! I also remember someone making a thread about how it could be themed to a mine. The actual gondola would be a huge drilling machine, and it would be malfunctioning. Both would be really cool ways to theme a topspin. Not to mention it would be way better than The Crypt's "theme" it has now (falling apart broken things) :lol:

Maniac Mine, anybody? :)

After venturing into the dark and eerie caverns, guests find themselves at the bottom of the cursed Miller Mine. A ghostly spirit appears from the darkness, warning them of the tragedy that struck the mine 113 years before when the drill malfunctioned and sent all 13 miners to their doom. Unmoved by this tale of tragedy, however, the intruders board the ancient drill and prepare to give it a try, hoping to burrow deeper into the mine and to untold treasures. However, instead of finding gold, the unlucky riders find themselves in the midst of a chaotic ride experience. During the insane attraction, riders survive a cave-in, falling stalagmite, and an explosion triggered by a mound of TNT.

Guest rcfreak339

I remember when this ride was advertised during construction and it really did pump me up, but once I got off of it the very first day it was to the public I just had to tell myself "Wow, that pretty much sucked" I was so disappointed, especially all the hype that was put into it. I think KI and CF should but The Crypt out of it's misery.