California's Great America 2010 Map Released

It's really surprising to see these new maps - Ours will undoubtedly be the largest Planet Snoopy on Earth (good or bad as that may be). The rest of the parks all had Kidzville areas, Hanna-Barbera areas, and Nick areas, where only to Nick area is converted to Planet Snoopy, with HB being absorbed by the generic Kidzville. Since ours is entirely Nickelodeon, it will likely be entirely Snoopy - I believe both Kings Dominion and Great America only have like, five Peanuts-themed rides each... Very strange since we're anticipating four Peanuts coasters, alone!

I'm glad you posted this, too, because SURVIVOR: The Ride is still around, despite rumors out the wazoo that that particular licensing was up this year. I had heard many rumors as to what it would be renamed, so it's very strange but nice (only because some of the replacement names I heard were awful) to see it remains.

Probably the same as it was last year since last season they didn't have Kidzville or HB (right?) but still smaller than ours, since ours is the largest (isn't it?). Hahha this wasn't a very well-informed post of mine, as you can tell.

Looks like today is shaping up to be a map-releasing kind of day! I don't see why two parks would just coincidentally choose a random Wednesday in February... Let's all keep our eyes open! We might learn the Planet Snoopy names today! Wahoo!

Arguably!

Some interesting things to note from Great America's changeover:

• Like Kings Dominion, Action Theater is still listed on the map, though no show is specifically mentioned.
  • (As I said earlier) SURVIVOR: The Ride is still called SURVIVOR: The Ride, despite rumors to the contrary.
  • According to the map, The Wild Thornberry's Rain Maze has been demolished (or completely stripped) to make way for the Snoopy's Splashdance water area - the two look like they share nothing in common (replace 09cga with 09cga in the URL to access last years map for comparison)
  • All references to Hanna-Barbera characters are gone from Kidzville - "Pixie and Dixie's Swingset" is now "Swing Swing Swing"; "Top Cat's Car Lot" is now "Classic Cars"; while I'm not sure if it was Scooby related(?), "Mystery Club Inc. Ghost Chase" is now just "Ghost Chasers."
  • Notably, Scooby Doo's Haunted River is now "Kidzville River Adventure." What exactly is this ride? A darkride? A log flume? I'm not sure, but it is not Boo Blasters on Boo Hill, whatever the case.

If anyone finds anything else we can update this.

Based on the map, it looks that way. I have no idea. But from the looks of the '09 map, The Wild Thornberry's water play structure was very large and very specifically themed. If that's the case, I imagine it was replaced with a more generic, Snoopy-themed one. Probably something along the lines of what our old Spongebob water thing looks like.

Based on the map, it looks that way. I have no idea. But from the looks of the '09 map, The Wild Thornberry's water play structure was very large and very specifically themed. If that's the case, I imagine it was replaced with a more generic, Snoopy-themed one. Probably something along the lines of what our old Spongebob water thing looks like.

There Thorn Berry thing is the exact same thing to our SpongeBob thing. The map lies...