KI Coasting for Kids 2011

IndyGuy4KI

What a great event that was held on 7/24/11 at Kings Island, Coasting for Kids 2011! I had not participated in the past, so I was not sure what to expect. I was going to be ridding over with Avatar and always enjoy his company. I knew there was going to be a few other KIC'ers that I had not seen in a while at the event as well. I must say I really enjoyed myself and was a very memorable event for everyone who participated.

I put together a video of some of our experiences of the day along with a special interview with Don Helbig. I hope you enjoy!

Here is a picture of the International Street Art that I won during lunch that Stanbyme mentioned in his trip report. http://www.KICentral...showtopic=24250

2011-07-27_19-49-34_249.jpg

Besides the weather it was a perfect day. As far as having more than one coaster for the event, I think having everyone at the same place the full day made it more personable and gave us the opportunity to get to know each other better. Coasting for Kids 2011 was an event that I will cherish for years to come and hope to participate in the future. The only thing that would have made it even better would have been more participants from KIC and other coaster lovers who wanted to raise money for such a great cause.

Brad...it was great hanging out with you during the event. Thanks for sharing the video...it turned out VERY nice...I could only see a couple of flaws with it. (hint hint. ;) )

I am SO jealous of your prize...but thanks for posting the photo!

See ya at the next event! :)

Indyguy4KI great job on the video report. It really captured the event well, I wish you had gotten footage of us doing the whole body Hokie Pokie... maybe next year huh.

Yeah, I was in the back of the train when we were doing that! Guess I should have asked everyone to do it again. Great memories!