What Old PKI Ride Do You Miss?

adbort

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually miss many of the above. My favorite KI ride had to be one from my childhood. Enchanted Voyage (HB) was a ride that just blew my childhood mind away. I remember the music, some of the props, the entrance, and even those little boats. IMHO, it was one of the best- outside of a Disney park. Taft really did a good job of theming in the 70's.

Screamin' Demon just completely scared the crap out of me. It was my first looper. The first part was fun, but to me....at my young age and experience, the reverse loop was diabolical!

I wish I could have the credentials to say The Bat, but I was born in '87, so that was kinda out the door. Although I will say that Kenton's Canal was a sweet water ride at the park, it was aging. Does anybody know how old it was when it got the axe? Or was it part of the original park?

I again wish I could say The Bat - man that looks like it was one sweet coaster. I've heard that many people still say it's their favorite suspended/inverted coaster to this day, even with the new technologies that companies like B&M, Vekoma and Arrow have come out with.

Am I the only one who misses Phantom Theater. That thing was cool

but had definately run its course. Good thing we got an awesome ride

in return(SDatHC). I was thinking of voting for Smurfs, but I can't

really remember what the ride was like. cool.gif

Although I will say that Kenton's Canal was a sweet water ride at the park, it was aging. Does anybody know how old it was when it got the axe? Or was it part of the original park?

If I'm not mistaken, KCKC opened in the parks second season, 1973. Accepting no more riders after the 2000 season, KCKC was torn down in 01 at the age of 28 to make way for TR:TR.

Edited by AZ Kinda Guy

I'm gonna have to go with The Bat. Even though it was built and removed before I was born, the layout, the cars, and the fact that it was a protype still amazes me. So that's the reason I chose The Bat.

How can you vote that you miss it though when you actually never got to experience the ride? blink.gif

I miss Days of Thunder (Action FX Theater Version) more than anything. The theming for that ride owned. And I grew up riding it with my family. We could all ride it so it was a good experience for all. And I missed it more when they got Bond and Spongebob because they blow. And the 7th Portal and the Demolition was lame to. And I also miss Phantom Theatre, loved riding that thing. And KCKC is missed by me to. That was a wicked ass first hill climb. biggrin.gif

I'm just wondering what made you put the Kings Mills Log Flume on here, The Wild Thornberries River Adventure is exactly the same ride just with a metal trough instead of the old fiberglass one that was leaking, plus the inside of the station looks the exact same. And it uses the same boats. blink.gif

Out of the major rides in the park I would have to say King Cobra, or KCKC.

There were many rides in HB that are no longer there that i liked growing up such as Sunshine Turnpike, Flinstones Flyers, Smurfs voyage, and Scrappys Slides.

Sorry i gotta Vote for the Smurfs Enchanted Voyage it was a Great Ride i like it even more than Phantom Theater which wasnt as good as the First two Rides in that buliding.. i Never understood why PKI Put Phantom Theater in Hanna Barbera land to began with? iam just glad PKI finally put in a Scooby Doo Interactive Dark ride i have always wanted to Ride one and now i got my chance to! Dreams DO COME true wink.gif

I'm just wondering what made you put the Kings Mills Log Flume on here, The Wild Thornberries River Adventure is exactly the same ride just with a metal trough instead of the old fiberglass one that was leaking, plus the inside of the station looks the exact same. And it uses the same boats. blink.gif

The only reason I put Kings Mills on the list, was just because: I thought that people may miss the ride how it used to be, in all it's glory. Remember Kings Mills Log Flume, was transplanted from Coney Island.

Out of the major rides in the park I would have to say King Cobra, or KCKC.

There were many rides in HB that are no longer there that i liked growing up such as Sunshine Turnpike, Flinstones Flyers, Smurfs voyage, and Scrappys Slides.

You know I totally forgot about all the HB rides that have been removed. I used to love sunshine turn pike when I was a kid. They had to remove that for Nick Splat City. Also the HB Slide, that was great. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't that HB Slide the same slide that use to be in Coney Mall, they just moved it to HB?

I believe that was the same exact slide that was once in Coney Mall, (Where Zephyr is now), that was before my time though, but i've seen pictures of it, it was Red White, and Blue when it was in coney, and when it was in HB (where Reptar is) I believe it was Yellow, green, and red.

This may be a far stretch for many people, but what was that one ride that had the tanks floating in the water next to the old potato-sack slide? I have that vivid picture of waiting in that long stairway queue sometimes and looking down on that wierd ride (if you want to call it a ride, I think it was a Pay 2 Play attraction...)

The reason I ask is because it obviously went out when PKI installed Nick Central. It still bugs me to this day.