Operation Train Restore

TOPGUN1993

Well most everyone has taking a ride on the Kings Island & Miami Vally Railroad. The little town that is the last peice standing on the train is now falling apart. There are a totel of 6 buildings in the town and they need help (restore).

There's

Mary Rose Inn

General Store

Saloon

Jail

Wood Works

and some other little building

I was thinking maby with Maureens help PKIC could go to the train and fix it up by repainting the buildings trimming trees staining wood etc.

Mary Rose Inn

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/pkiguy1/deta...re2.jpg&.src=ph

Would need

- Stain

- Paint (window frams and door)

General Store

Would need not very much but

-Paint

-stain deck

Saloon

This is the worst out of all the buildings

It would need

-Paint

-stain

-new sign

-something else special

Jail

Would need

-Black paint

Wood Works or so I think

Would need

- A new Sign

- Trees trimed

- maby some paint

???

Would need

- A name (Black Smith)?

- A new sign

- Brown paint

- Stuff for inside

We PKIC members need to give back to PKI for what they have giving us. In making our Train just as good as others.

Please post if you think this idea could actually happen or tell what you would change.

If we all donate something we can make your train sweet instead of bla.

Do you think Maureen will like this idea and help us ?

PHOTOS CLICK

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They use to have automated figures in a lot of places. If you look closely, you will see all the electric plugs where they were plugged in. They should really do it like Dollywood does; the train would make a great place for a western show! I know the show at Dollywood is great fun and funny too.

They could do a show like once an hour. That would be ton of fun to dress up in all that get up and crack a few jokes. There is noting more fun than getting a train load of people to laugh themselves to stitches.

-adam12

They use to have automated figures in a lot of places. If you look closely, you will see all the electric plugs where they were plugged in. They should really do it like Dollywood does; the train would make a great place for a western show! I know the show at Dollywood is great fun and funny too.

They could do a show like once an hour. That would be ton of fun to dress up in all that get up and crack a few jokes. There is noting more fun than getting a train load of people to laugh themselves to stitches.

-adam12

Well at one time the train used to stop by the old fort. There would be a fight between the Cowboys and the Indians and they would actually board the train.

It was really quite an experience.

They use to have automated figures in a lot of places.  If you look closely, you will see all the electric plugs where they were plugged in.  They should really do it like Dollywood does; the train would make a great place for a western show!  I know the show at Dollywood is great fun and funny too.

They could do a show like once an hour.  That would be ton of fun to dress up in all that get up and crack a few jokes.  There is noting more fun than getting a train load of people to laugh themselves to stitches.

-adam12

Well at one time the train used to stop by the old fort. There would be a fight between the Cowboys and the Indians and they would actually board the train.

It was really quite an experience.

That was a LONG TIME ago! I would love to see that again, I can faintly remeber that. Ya see, I have had a Paramount case of diarrhea so that caused me to loose track of my thoughts.

Have you experienced the one at Dollywood? The only issue I had with Dollywood was not everyone could hear what was going on. They need to make sure the sound system works well and sounds good. I really should get into the business. I'm very detail oriented; anywhere they want to make things perfect they could place me there.

-adam12

That was a LONG TIME ago! I would love to see that again, I can faintly remeber that. Ya see, I have had a Paramount case of diarrhea so that caused me to loose track of my thoughts.

Have you experienced the one at Dollywood? The only issue I had with Dollywood was not everyone could hear what was going on. They need to make sure the sound system works well and sounds good. I really should get into the business. I'm very detail oriented; anywhere they want to make things perfect they could place me there.

-adam12

Dollywoods train is very well done.

I think my favorite train was Oprylands. The funny thing was that their train was just transportation with no characters or anything. But the park was beautiful.

That was a LONG TIME ago!  I would love to see that again, I can faintly remeber that.  Ya see, I have had a Paramount case of diarrhea so that caused me to loose track of my thoughts.

Have you experienced the one at Dollywood?  The only issue I had with Dollywood was not everyone could hear what was going on.  They need to make sure the sound system works well and sounds good.  I really should get into the business. I'm very detail oriented; anywhere they want to make things perfect they could place me there.

-adam12

Dollywoods train is very well done.

I think my favorite train was Oprylands. The funny thing was that their train was just transportation with no characters or anything. But the park was beautiful.

I have to hand it to Gaylord Entertainment... Even though they closed down a great park, they still do a Great job keeping the Mall, Opry, and Hotel up. Have you ever been to the Opry? I have been there about 5 times, my friends think I'm crazy for going. I love it! lol...

-adam12

I have to hand it to Gaylord Entertainment... Even though they closed down a great park, they still do a Great job keeping the Mall, Opry, and Hotel up. Have you ever been to the Opry? I have been there about 5 times, my friends think I'm crazy for going. I love it! lol...

-adam12

The Opryland hotel was nothing short of amazing. I absolutely love it.

Now parks should take landscaping tips from them folks.

I'm with Diana and AZ...if you want to volunteer your time, sweat, and effort, do so for something where it will really do some good (Habitat for Humanity, the Red Cross, the American Cancer Society, animal shelters, or thousands of other deserving charities...), not a multi-billion$ for profit company.

Also, don't you think there might be some liability issues with volunteer "workers" doing painting, repair, construction, etc. at a park? (I'm sure both CBS and CF's Risk Mgmt. departments would have a heart attack over this one...)

Finally, not that Maureen would be the person in charge of maintenance issues at the park, but I'd think she'd be the last person that would want something like this to happen. (Imagine those stories in the paper..."Kings Island's maintenance is so bad, guests have to volunteer...")

TopGun...you're young and idealistic and you see something that needs done and you want to help--that is wonderful. (The world would be a much better place if more people thought like that.) But, I think your efforts are a little misguided on this one...

I do want to point out that PKI does have volunteer workers. Not sure if the program is still in place but it was a year or two ago. How it worked was they would have nonprofit groups come in to work a single shift which PKI would pay the organization for the hours worked plus each person gets a free ticket and you get two tickets if you work food service. I do know there was a bonus of some sort if you had a large number of people as well.

I know the program was popular with Church youth groups. The parents would go down and work, the church gets the cash, and the parents give the tickets to the kids.

I don't think PKI will let us come and paint the buildings. It needs to be done but they look like they need more work then just a coat of paint. I would wait a year or two and see what Cedar Fair does.

The only thing I can see them letting us do is maybe go and just work within the current volunteer program for a day, we would work rides, service food, etc. As a group we could pick a charity and they would get a nice check out of it. Plus we would all get a free ticket.

The only thing I can see them letting us do is maybe go and just work within the current volunteer program for a day, we would work rides, service food, etc.  As a group we could pick a charity and they would get a nice check out of it.  Plus we would all get a free ticket.

Your idea is an excellent one.

Yes, I was aware of the volunteer charity program, and think it's fantastic. But, there's also a huge difference in selling cotton candy for charity, and climbing on ladders and painting buildings with Paramount Parks as the "charity."

I'd be happy to spend a few hours working at the park for a deserving (non-profit) cause. smile.gif

I have spent many shifts in the volunteer program. The program is still around. I worked games from 7-12 one Friday night at last year`s FearFest. I got five free tickets for it! Also, I volunteered on the second night of WinterFest in foodservice. I also got five tickets for that, and was on pan and broom detail for the I-Street Pizza, before they let our group leave and enjoy the park because they didn`t need our help. The volunteer program was not used for WinterFest after the first weekend...