What if you were hired to rename KI rides & shops?

italianchef

Iron Dragon. One of my favorite rides at Cedar Point. You should watch young daddies and mommies with their little guys and gals on that thing.

It has a purpose. And the kids come off giggling. Most of them, anyway.

I consider it Cedar Point's fairly odd coaster.

Big Bad Wolf at BGE does the same thing. Top Gun is more adult oriented.

That's okay, too. Just don't fault Iron Dragon for doing exactly what it was designed to do.

Not every ride has to be aimed at you. I, for one, don't much care for Flying Carpet rides. But I don't get upset they exist.

You apparently didn't 'get' that post.

I don't just like Big Bad Wolf, I adore it.

And I also understand a primary purpose of such rides is also to let little ones ride with their parents on a ride that both groups can enjoy. And those rides do it very, very well.

I just hope Busch totally understands that.

There are nasty rumors about that this is BBW's last year. I certainly hope not, and I pray (and bet) they are NOT true.

Well, I certainly hope that they don`t rename Top Gun to Iron Dragon. Iron Dragon was a rather boring ride. Although, it would be nice to get a bright color scheme on Top Gun similar to Iron Dragon.

Iron dragon is pretty boring. the colors are cool though.

Eiffel Tower: same

Delrium: same

SOB: same

Top Gun: Thunder Road

Face/Off: Invertigo

Drop Zone: Stunt Tower

Adventure Express: same

Extreme Sky Flyer: Scream Swing

Sling Shot: same

Racer: same

Flight of Fear: Area 51

Vortex: Typhoon

Italian Job Stunt Track: Hollywood Xpress

Tomb Raider: Terror Tomb

Tomb Raider - I'd like to see the building and queue torn down and the ride itself put up outside with a Rivertown theme.

I would be ****ED if Cedar Fair decides to do that. The whole point of the ride is to feel like you're trapped in the middle of a tomb flipping over and dodging stalactites and boiling lava, NOT to be waiting outside in the hot sun (even though technically, you do wait outside on a long day) for a generic Top Spin.

Anyways, here's my list:

Face/Off: Phobia

Drop Zone: FearFall

Top Gun: JetStream

Italian Job Stunt Track: Route 666

Tomb Raider: Curse of the Jade Snake

You apparently didn't 'get' that post.

I don't just like Big Bad Wolf, I adore it.

And I also understand a primary purpose of such rides is also to let little ones ride with their parents on a ride that both groups can enjoy. And those rides do it very, very well.

I just hope Busch totally understands that.

There are nasty rumors about that this is BBW's last year. I certainly hope not, and I pray (and bet) they are NOT true.

We're talking Busch Gardens! Not Paramount!

I'm betting it will stick around.

• 3 weeks later...

My List

Paramount Name-Cedar Fair name

Top Gun-Hornet (that's the NAVY jet F-18A Hornet)

Face/Off-Screamin' Demon (because it has a hellish color scheme and it does what the old ride did)

Italian Job-Hot Pursuit

Tomb Raider-Hidden Temple

Drop Zone-H.A.L.O.:Power Drop (halo stands for High Altitude, Low Opening; also Drop Zone has a military look to it)

Days of Thunder-scrap it

Happy Days Diner-Coasters

Bubba Gump's Shrimp Shack-Cajun Shrimp Shack

Crocodile Dundee's Boomerang Bay-Boomerang Bay

Paramount Story-Kings Island Gardens

Paramount Theatre-the old name it had

That's all I can remember.

• 2 weeks later...

my list

old~new

Face/off~ i like revertigo

Days of thunder~ why...

Drop Zone Stunt tower~ drop drop zone and just call it stunt tower

Top gun~Maximum G force

IJST~Stunt track or take two

TR:TR~ Tomb adventure

CDBB: just 'boomerang bay'

and by the way, i saw on CF's website that the paramount license for 10 years, now i know they can get rid of it, but maybe the not-so-obvious paramount named ride will keep there name longer-like drop zone, face/off. same with some of the resturaunts.

INTERNATIONAL STREET

Paramount Theater --- Kings Theatre

Paramount Story --- Kings Island Gardens

Thrills are Paramount --- KI Souvenirs

PARAMOUNT Action Zone --- Action Zone

Congo Falls --- Amazon Falls

Days of Thunder --- GoKarts (redo track, longer... more twisted)

Drop Zone --- Vertigo

FACE/OFF --- Boomerang XL

Top Gun --- Turbulance or AirDogs

OKTOBERFEST

Bubba Gump Shrimp Shack --- Cajun snack Shack

Lt. Dan’s Bar --- Bayou Bar

CONEY MALL

The Italian Job --- Stunt Track

Italian Job Souvenirs --- Stunt Shop Souvenirs

Happy Days Diner --- Coasters

Flight of Fear --- Destination Fear (retheme)

Paramount FX Theater --- Action FX Theatre

RIVERTOWN

Wings Diner --- Rivertown Ribs

TR:TR --- The Crypt or The Mineshaft

CDBB --- BOOMERANG BAY

Dundee’s Outback Shack --- Outback Shack

Wally’s Walkabout Pub --- Walkabout Pub

Mick’s Seaside Supplies --- Auzzie Seaside Supplies

Nick Universe --- Camp Snoopy

All rides/shops/Food Stand would be renamed/rethemed to Cedar Fairs interest...

SDATHC --- Phantom Theatre: Meastro's Revenge!

But who is to say that Cedar Fair would want to retheme Nick Universe into Snoopy? Maybe they would want to retheme some of the themed areas in their existing parks, if their license allows it/they decide to extend it beyond the original four years.

Knowing CF and what they name stuff at other parks, heres my list

Top Gun-Thunderhawk

Face/off-Head Spin

DoT-removed

Drop Zone- Space Spiral

Wings-Red Garter Saloon

Paramount theater- Palace Theater

FX Theater-Snoopy Rocks on Ice!

Congo-White Water Landing

Paramount Story-Cedar Fair Story

IJST-I-71 the Ride!

TRTR-Texas Twister (eyesore building destroyed)

Xtreme Skyflyer-Ripcord

CDBB-Wildwater Kingdom

Happy Days-Coasters

Flight of Fear-DISpatch mASTER TRANSPORT

KIMVRR is to be expanded and connect with the CPLE to make the CPLEKIMVRR and a transportation system between CP and KI. Also boneville will be the entire trip from CP to KI

I like that idea of renaming Top Gun to The Bat. I'd add some new twists and turns to it, possibly some resembling the original layout. Paint it black, resurrect the old Bat logo on the front of the trains, and promote it as The Bat Returns or Bat II.

Here's some other ideas I posted over in the Rumors section, with additions <Add>.

Top Gun: I like the layout of the queue where it looks like you're boarding an aircraft carrier. Possibly they wouldn't have to rename the ride at all, being that Top Gun is really a Navy Flight School and the movie was simply named from that which it represented. Just remove all the movie-related stuff and you're set to go. Oh, and I might add to the track a little, this ride is just too short!

Adventure Express: I never cared much for its theming in the first place, so I'd go with a mining theme of some sort, say Mine Explosion. <Add> If possible, but this thing in a ride-length tunnel with the inside resembling a mine shaft, complete with limited lighting. On the lift where the statues are pounding or whatever, change the motif to dedications to all those who've lost their lives in mine disasters.

Face/Off: Whatever, just change it. I haven't ridden this thing yet but I've never liked the name of it. Somebody mentioned Yellow Screamer, how about we just keep the Screamer part since that's what everybody would refer to it as anyway?

Days of Thunder: I didn't even know that thing was still there. But since it is, with the popularity of NASCAR, instead of tearing the ride down let's retheme it with NASCAR-related material. While NASCAR isn't scripted like the movie was, there's enough stuff that goes on in a race that could make for a good storyline for the ride.

Tomb Raider: I have no idea what to do with this one. The queue was cool, the ride was ok, but what I get from recent posts is half the thing doesn't work right nowadays. To me, that's a sign to start replacing things. I don't know, maybe give it a space theme or something. <Add> Somebody replied to the other post not to give it a space theme. I don't mean something like the Disaster Transport (which I've never been on) but something more realistic and resembling a shuttle mission to the space station.

Italian Job Stunt Track: Another whatever. Drop the Italian Job part, lose the movie references, and just call it Stunt Track.

The Train: Ok, so it has no theme at all, movie or otherwise. Time to change that. Make it feel like you're actually going somewhere. Make the stations welcoming you to Kings Island or Boomerang Bay, then paint or build motifs along the way. <Add> An afterthought to the original post was this: Between the stations from Point A to Point B, tell the story of Kings Island. Start from the beginning with murals of the old days, then a representation of the Paramount Era, and a white section resembling a blank canvas with an artist painting the section to resemble current events, as if he's painting history as it happens. Then, between the stations from Point B back to Point A, have murals of previous rides no longer there.

I know there's a few others but I think that's enough for now. The new guy done went and wrote a book... again.

KDogg

like that idea of renaming Top Gun to The Bat. I'd add some new twists and turns to it, possibly some resembling the original layout. Paint it black, resurrect the old Bat logo on the front of the trains, and promote it as The Bat Returns or Bat II.

That might be possible, but since Arrow Dynamics went bankrupt, it would be fairly difficult to get new track pieces to add in to the layout.

No offense, but that is the worst idea for AE ever! I would not want to sit and revisit memories of miners and families who have lost lives! That would be one hell of a sad ride! NO WAY!

The runaway mine train is a very cool idea... is really do-able... but the ending, scratch that! Maybe an ending were everything is falling apart, rumbling, debris (fake) is falling, lights are flashing. It's like simulating that the mine is caving in... but you exit just in time! -Hauntguy

^i like that idea

I would go with making it entirely inside the tunnel, and have other trains crashed against walls, and craks to the outside, and then near to the end you see a projection of diamonds, and the train starts to slow, but then projection rocks fall over the diamonds, and then rumbling, and getting out in time

~vl2