Hey! It's been a while since I've posted on here. I decided to comment on this thread rather than start a new thread since there are so many threads on this topic.
As we've discussed, Kings Island has been making improvements to the soundtrack heard around the park, namely International Street and Rivertown. In my free time, I pieced together some playlists on Spotify of International Street from 2017 and 2018 as well as Rivertown.
As a kid, I grew up going to the park under Paramount and eventually CBS/Viacom. One day, I decided that it would be cool to make a playlist of the music that played on International Street during the Paramount years. I searched through old forums and created a playlist of any music I could find from that era. These are the songs I have so far:
- James Bond "Dr No." Theme by John Barry
- Theme to Mission Impossible by Adam Clayton and Larry Mullen Jr. (At least a similar version)
- "The Saint" by Orbital
- Love theme from The Godfather by Nino Rota
- "Breakfast Machine" from Pee Wee's Big Adventure by Danny Elfman
- Love theme from Romeo and Juliet by Nino Rota
- "Unchained Melody (Orchestral)" from Ghost by Maurice Jarre
- "Top Gun Anthem" from Top Gun by Harold Faltermeyer
- Love theme from St. Elmo's Fire by David Foster
- "Italia" from The Talented Mr. Ripley by Gabriel Yared
- "End Credits" from Star Trek: First Contact by Jerry Goldsmith
- Theme to Superman by John Williams
- Love theme from Chinatown by Jerry Goldsmith
- "Rose" from Titanic by James Horner
- "Axel F" from Beverly Hills Cop by Harold Faltermeyer
- Theme to The Naked Gun by Ira Newborn
- Theme to Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope by John Williams
- "Imperial March" from The Empire Strikes Back by John Williams
- Main Theme from Forrest Gump by Alan Silvestri
- End Titles from Driving Miss Daisy by Hans Zimmer
- "Where the Money Is" from "The Distinguished Gentleman by Randy Edelman
- "Marion's Theme / The Crate" from Raiders of the Lost Ark by John Williams.
Are there any changes that I need to make or any songs that I am missing out of that list? I plan to provide the links to the playlists on here sometime in the near future.
At my home park (SFGAm) this past summer, I was on my way to Hurricane Harbor, and I heard 2 girls talking. I couldn't really make out what they were saying, even though they were right behind me. I could tell that they were talking about Raging Bull, and I'm sure the word "splashdown" at one point. That sounded really cool, until I heard the younger girl say that THE Raging Bull goes in the waterpark. Cringe. That wasn't the worst or most darnest thing I have heard, but I just wanted to post it because I thought it belongs here, especially the part about it having a splashdown AND going into the waterpark.
The setting is SFGAm last year again. I was walking past Vertical Velocity with my dad and best friend, when I noticed a crowd watching it and muttering nervously. Since it was Fright Fest, I decided to play a spooky prank. As loudly as I could, I asked, "Wow, why aren't they running the other two trains?" Some people in the crowd turned to look at me, and I continued, "When Vertical Velocity opened, they ran 3 trains. They would launch each one after the previous train unloaded. But there was an accident on the last day of the 2002 season when the empty red train didn't stop and crashed into the empty green and yellow trains, destroying the green train and making a cut in the yellow train. Shortly afterwards, they closed the ride and repaired the trains, so they should be running all three and not just the yellow train." The look on the crowd's faces were priceless, and Dad had to hurry me away.