Kings Island Run

LongLiveTheSmurfRide

I'm a very competitive runner and I have been running since I was in 6th grade and still run a lot. I usually do a lot of 5k races around the city or do the Thanksgiving Race downtown every year and run in the 10K race. I think this is a great event to come up with! I know last year I did the Race for the Cure and had a blast. The courses would be awesome for the 10K and 5K races around the park and I know they could use some terrain on the roads back by The Beast definately or anywhere else around the park. I'm so anxious to see what type of course it will be. I signed up for more information in my hotmail. Any of you guys going to run in this??? :D

I'm a very competitive runner and I have been running since I was in 6th grade and still run a lot. I usually do a lot of 5k races around the city or do the Thanksgiving Race downtown every year and run in the 10K race. I think this is a great event to come up with! I know last year I did the Race for the Cure and had a blast. The courses would be awesome for the 10K and 5K races around the park and I know they could use some terrain on the roads back by The Beast definately or anywhere else around the park. I'm so anxious to see what type of course it will be. I signed up for more information in my hotmail. Any of you guys going to run in this??? :D

Was the Downtown Thanksgiving race you run the Turkey Trott in Miamisburg? I used to run that every once in a while. Cold race usually.

I'm going to try to make it. I used to jog 5 miles a day until I got this stupid desk job. I've been looking for a real goal to get me going. I doubt I'll try for the 10K, but I'm sure I can be in 5K shape by then.

Only if you get a henna tattoo across your back.

Actually I was hoping for a t-shirt with one of your cool custom designs.

I clicked the link and another link popped up and offered to send me more information as it comes available and asked some general questions. Many of the Disney fan boards has a section/forum that runners for running in any of the many Disney marathons have a place to talk about the event, meet-up locations, training techniques ect. Well this got me thinking that maybe KICentral could offer KI that they could host such a forum and they could pass a link to KICentral’s board when they send out information to prospective runners. This may be a way to boost new membership to KICentral.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm going to try to make it. I used to jog 5 miles a day until I got this stupid desk job. I've been looking for a real goal to get me going. I doubt I'll try for the 10K, but I'm sure I can be in 5K shape by then.

A 5k run is actually 5 kilometres, which is about 3 miles, so I'm sure you'd be fine!

I'm definitely in too, by the way.