Season Passes

fanofFirehawk

I would think you could pretty much call up and name your price when you know its not going to be crowded, such as last week of daily operation.

You can't name your price, but I called three days in a row and the supervisor could lower it to a certain rate each day, so I just gambled and called the same morning we left and it was even cheaper than the day before. I payed 204.00 including tax for a tower room with 2 adult and 1 child ERT, and I bought a 25 dollar starlight pass for myself for the night before, my wife and daughter wanted to sit at the pool.

One of the touted benefits of multiple payments is to make high season pass prices more desirable, leading to increased revenue from the higher prices. Payments of $20 sounds "easier" than a payment of $180. 9 payments ensures that all the early season pass revenue is in by 2014Q2.

Personally, I don't want to use any multi-payment plan. (I don't want companies needlessly remembering my credit card details, and I don't want the validity of my pass tied to Accesso's automatic payment system.)

• Like 1

You do avoid filling out the form for a new pass (with name, address, e-mail, phone number, etc) by purchasing online, but you pay a $5.99 processing fee. This fee is avoided by creating actual paperwork and using actual employees' time by purchasing at the park.

• Like 3

I renewed our passes at the park last season. Don't now if you have the 9 month payment plan option or not doing it at the park, but I used our runperk rewards and renewed all 3 passes at once last year at the front gate (you had to redeem your fun perks rewards at the park)

Also worth noting, the season pass pages on both KI's and CP's site advertise a flat 10% discount at "select" food & merchandise locations for gold/platinum passholders.

Hopefully this is true; the usual food combo offers aren't very useful if you drink water or if you use a souvenir cup. This copy appears on other Cedar Fair parks' sites as well, which have historically offered such discounts, so hopefully it isn't an error for the Ohio parks.

• Like 2

I renewed our passes at the park last season. Don't now if you have the 9 month payment plan option or not doing it at the park, but I used our runperk rewards and renewed all 3 passes at once last year at the front gate (you had to redeem your fun perks rewards at the park)

I called the park and the answer was the same as last year--in order to use the payment plan, you may only renew or buy online. If you go to the park, you will avoid the $5.99 fee, but you must pay the entire amount at once.

Also worth noting, the season pass pages on both KI's and CP's site advertise a flat 10% discount at "select" food & merchandise locations for gold/platinum passholders.

Hopefully this is true; the usual food combo offers aren't very useful if you drink water or if you use a souvenir cup. This copy appears on other Cedar Fair parks' sites as well, which have historically offered such discounts, so hopefully it isn't an error for the Ohio parks.

Didn't it say this last year as well? I never saw any 10% food discounts but ride photos and some other things that aren't owned by the park got the discount. My guess is that it's a play on words.

• Like 1