Jump to content

Camp Snoopy Construction Updates


Hawaiian Coasters 325
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, RedSummit20 said:

its quick service with seating on both sides

If its two sides like Coney BBQ that would be a terrible waste of money assuming they open both sides as often as they do Coney BBQ, which I’ve maybe seen twice in that building’s history. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, jcoop22 said:

 

Glad to hear that Camp Snoopy besides Snoopy’s Soap Box Racers, Beagle Scout Acres, and Pig Pen’s mess hall will  be open on opening day. That is definitely a win for opening weekend!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, BoddaH1994 said:

If its two sides like Coney BBQ that would be a terrible waste of money assuming they open both sides as often as they do Coney BBQ, which I’ve maybe seen twice in that building’s history. 

no its quick service so like one window with seating on both sides 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So I’ve watched videos of both SSBR and Good Gravy! now and I have to say, SSBR looks like a much more intense ride. I thought these would have very similar intensity levels but the custom layout Holiday World ordered looks intentionally designed to be a bit milder. SSBR has quite a bit of whip and kick to it. I think it’ll be a great time! Def enjoy the theming and execution of Good Gravy’s rollout a lot more though haha 

 

I’m also just now noticing that the spike on Good Gravy doesn’t have the double up-double down element that we get on SSBR. I am curious if that hump will give a decent little pop of air since it makes it up the spike quite further than I was expecting. 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I kind of hope this coaster helps to add more step up rides/coasters to the park.  I really like Cedar Point's ride selection due to that reason, they have a lot of coasters that aren't necessarily big or intense, but still fun like Iron Dragon, Corkscrew, CCMR, Gemini and Blue Streak. 

I've always wanted a ride like Jaguar at KBF where its kind of an intermediate coaster that just meanders through the park with lots of path interaction.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, DonHelbig said:

Video made me feel like I was there since my invite got lost in the (e) mail. :) 

Amazing, mine got lost as well. The park must be disappointed that the two biggest contributors to KI web traffic didn't get their invites. Hopefully they can get that resolved before the next time.

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Here’s a quick review of Camp Snoopy from yesterday. We rode Woodstock’s Air Rail and quickly moved on to Adventure Express so this is centered around what I could see from that queue line.

The good:

Woodstock’s Air Rail’s paint job looks fantastic! It’s my favorite color scheme that this coaster has had. The station and fencing has been painted as well and had been the same since the Reptar days. The ride signage has been updated with a Camp Snoopy theme. The photo booth for Snoopy’s Soap Box Racers provides a nice near miss element on Woodstock’s Air Rail. Love the yellow train.

The new paint jobs on the Camp Snoopy flat rides look good from what I could see from afar. The ride signage here has also been updated.

The new paint job on the log flume station looks great! It had been the same since the Wild Thornberries days.

The not so good:

The sign for Woodstock’s Air Rail is tiny. We went from a giant 3D Reptar to a small circular sign over the years.

The walkway between Woodstock’s Air Rail and Linus Launcher still has a purple fence and a Planet Snoopy sign. Hopefully this will change before the park opens for weekdays.

Just a note:

Pig Pen’s Mess Hall looks very small. I wonder what the menu will be. It looks to be a replacement for the cotton candy shop that Snoopy’s Soap Box Racers took the place of. And that location was already made redundant when the Snack Shack was added when Kite Eating Tree opened (as Plankton’s Plunge).

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hopefully they can clean up some of the paving "confusion". There's old concrete, new concrete, orange concrete, white concrete, stamped concrete, you name it all going on and thats just in the area of log ride/ Linus ride. This will hopefully bring an area of the park all together into a themed whole, or it will create a mess of conflicting themes and ideas all living next to each other. I know its not done yet, but its heading into the "mish mash of themes" direction. I wish they took the chance to really make this new area feel more like an extension of RiverTown, and hopefully that's the plan. I'm still not sure why the also didn't take the opportunity to retheme Space Buggies to off-road 4 wheeler or relocate them in Planet Snoopy and bring in another small new flat to that pad so that entire area with Franklins Fliers and Kite Tree could all be a "gateway" to the camp area. Its just a lot of ideas all running together right now

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I thought it was a little funny seeing these Planet Snoopy signs still up along the new path. Not exactly a big deal, and may still be addressed, but I do hope these get rethemed and painted as well. No reason to not repurpose them somehow.

PXL_20240419_234846839.MP.jpg

  • Like 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, brenthodge said:

Hopefully they can clean up some of the paving "confusion". There's old concrete, new concrete, orange concrete, white concrete, stamped concrete, you name it all going on and thats just in the area of log ride/ Linus ride. This will hopefully bring an area of the park all together into a themed whole, or it will create a mess of conflicting themes and ideas all living next to each other. I know its not done yet, but its heading into the "mish mash of themes" direction. I wish they took the chance to really make this new area feel more like an extension of RiverTown, and hopefully that's the plan. I'm still not sure why the also didn't take the opportunity to retheme Space Buggies to off-road 4 wheeler or relocate them in Planet Snoopy and bring in another small new flat to that pad so that entire area with Franklins Fliers and Kite Tree could all be a "gateway" to the camp area. Its just a lot of ideas all running together right now

I think they should have honestly just bulldozed all the concrete and started from scratch with pavers or at least fresh concrete for the whole area. The pavement doesn’t seem very cohesive as it is currently.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

I think they should have honestly just bulldozed all the concrete and started from scratch with pavers or at least fresh concrete for the whole area. The pavement doesn’t seem very cohesive as it is currently.

In this video at about at about 8:27 Chad mentions there will be concrete staining done to help distinguish the area: 

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

I think they should have honestly just bulldozed all the concrete and started from scratch with pavers or at least fresh concrete for the whole area. The pavement doesn’t seem very cohesive as it is currently.

totally agree - In fact a lot of the park would qualify for that when you really look at the "evolution" of the place as a whole. Its a mess of patches, fixes, planters covered over, themed spots added etc.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

In this video at about at about 8:27 Chad mentions there will be concrete staining done to help distinguish the area: 

 

I really hope he is not just talking about the new stained concrete at the entrance to the area and that the park actually stains all of the concrete throughout the area to make it more cohesive. There IS new stained concrete at the entrance to the area, but then the rest of the area is currently a mess of old concrete, new concrete, and orange concrete.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Orion-XL200 said:

Maybe he meant that it'll be stained from the soda, ice cream, etc. spilled on the concrete since they won't run the water truck.

Yes! That will give it that “rustic kids camp” look in no time. There’s truly no substitute for authenticity! 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...