MonteZOOMA'S Revenge opening 2025!

1 hour ago, CartersCoasters said:

Right after the Rundown On Fun released an episode saying it will probably be gone!

Try giving a listen to Coaster Radio. I’m really not into opinion pieces / rumor milling many current podcast’s rely on. I remember listening to them way back in high school on my iPod nano lol. 

Glad Knotts was able to salvage the ride though! 

17 minutes ago, Captain Nemo said:

Try giving a listen to Coaster Radio. I’m really not into opinion pieces / rumor milling many current podcast’s rely on. I remember listening to them way back in high school on my iPod nano lol. 

Glad Knotts was able to salvage the ride though! 

Last weeks Coaster Radio featured a segment on the assumption of the removal of the ride.  Can't remember if it was a first drop or quick hit. 

• Like 1

Oh, my.  What does this announcement suggest we might look forward to under the proposed Six Flags Cedar Fair merger?  Five plus year timelines to refresh, renew, and renovate rides? 

If Cedar Fair has had this much difficulty managing rather mundane roller coaster updates one must question the ability of current management to integrate an entire chain of parks composed of troubled assets.  A season pass holder system in shambles, failing on-park revenue growth, vast areas lacking strong elements of 'place making,' rundown facilities screaming for serious and urgent maintenance, among a host of other issues.  The capital investments necessary are a daunting task to grasp.  Much less finance and execute.         

We are to believe an organization which lacked the necessary moving parts to repair two coasters in a timely manner at Knott's Berry Farm is the correct management team to take on Six Flags and its plethora of problems?

Color me skeptical.  

• 6 months later...

ACE Friend was at Knott's yesterday...they might surprise me but this doesn't look like it's reopening next year... 

(Maybe they need to call Zamperla to fix it)

I'm not sure what the problem is, why this project is delayed but all I know is that it's hard for me to justify all the travel costs to Knott's when this situation has not been rectified. I jokingly tell my ACE buddies that I'm boycotting Knott's until they get their act together. 

IMG_20240926_082214.jpg

IMG_20240926_082212.jpg