Jump to content

Kings Island Announces Food and Wine Festival for 2024


Recommended Posts

I guess now we know why Tower Gardens is temporarily closed.  Although the description on the KI website is fairly generic at this point.  Doesn`t describe pricing, what food and wine will be available or what entertainment.  This event is only going to occur Friday through Sunday.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I guess now we know why Tower Gardens is temporarily closed.  Although the description on the KI website is fairly generic at this point.  Doesn`t describe pricing, what food and wine will be available or what entertainment.  This event is only going to occur Friday through Sunday.  

Also it talks about water rides so I wonder if it will also be in the water park.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, CoastersRZ said:

I guess now we know why Tower Gardens is temporarily closed.  Although the description on the KI website is fairly generic at this point.  Doesn`t describe pricing, what food and wine will be available or what entertainment.  This event is only going to occur Friday through Sunday.  

They'll probably announce that closer to the start of the event. If I were to guess they'll have booths spread out with some in tower gardens and some around the tower and maybe some around the floral clock area. The entertainment and other activities if I were to guess will take place in the grass area near Diamondback's brake shed. I believe when they did the Brewfest years ago they would set up a stage near Diamondback's brake shed. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Gordon Bombay said:

Using a name that immediately calls to mind Disney’s well regarded event. 

Pretty gutsy move for a company that tends to fall well short of Disney quality. 

I can think of one person who will exclaim that this one is the best 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Gordon Bombay said:

Using a name that immediately calls to mind Disney’s well regarded event. 

Pretty gutsy move for a company that tends to fall well short of Disney quality. 

 

IMG_4191.webp

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

They can have all the food festivals in the world, but as long as their food is such mediocre quality, there’s no reason to pay such a price for it. Normally, this kind of food is even worse because it sits there in warmers.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, super7 said:

They can have all the food festivals in the world, but as long as their food is such mediocre quality, there’s no reason to pay such a price for it. Normally, this kind of food is even worse because it sits there in warmers.

Honestly that was my first thought. The concept of having a "higher" tier set of food options for such an event sounds wonderful, but I can't imagine the execution living up to the hype due to your already stated reason. I know my fiancé and I were very disappointed with the Grand Carnivale food offerings. Most of it was lukewarm, somewhat flavorless and overall just left a lot to be desired. I fear that the same would be set forth for this event which is a shame seeing as you know the price point will be at a premium. I hope I am wrong though.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I turned 21 last June. Also even if I'm not much of a drinker I enjoy the atmosphere of such events and I love when the park hosts events like this! 

Haha I thought you were so much younger than you are! lol

19 hours ago, super7 said:

They can have all the food festivals in the world, but as long as their food is such mediocre quality, there’s no reason to pay such a price for it. Normally, this kind of food is even worse because it sits there in warmers.

Agreed...unless it's cheese and crackers...hard to mess up lol.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I turned 21 in December and have been wanting to go to wine tasting festivals and just hadn't found one close enough to justify the drive for me. So I'm VERY EXCITED about this and how close it is to where I live lol. I'm not all concerned about the food lol, BUT I hope the wine atleast tastes good.

 

Also on a somewhat related note, could you imagine if they had a blue ice cream (blueberry) flavored wine? 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, 3dgyrat said:

I turned 21 in December and have been wanting to go to wine tasting festivals and just hadn't found one close enough to justify the drive for me. So I'm VERY EXCITED about this and how close it is to where I live lol. I'm not all concerned about the food lol, BUT I hope the wine atleast tastes good.

 

Also on a somewhat related note, could you imagine if they had a blue ice cream (blueberry) flavored wine? 

There are some really good blueberry wines. I'd do a blue ice cream wine! 

5 hours ago, Stoan said:

Is this the year they try to see how much alcohol they can add to one park?

To deal with everything else in the park, it's needed lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/16/2024 at 3:54 PM, Stoan said:

Is this the year they try to see how much alcohol they can add to one park?

"Come to the Midwest's largest amusement park which will also be the Midwest's largest alcohol vendor! With the brand new addition of 21 and Colder joining our already ROBUST selection of alcohol stands and our Food and Wine Festival you'll have plenty of options to get blitzed! Caution: There may be higher amounts of temporary ride closures due to vomit from increased alcohol consumption during this time. Please show integrity and patience for your fellow park goer especially during this record-breaking time."

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, DJSkyFoxx said:

"Come to the Midwest's largest amusement park which will also be the Midwest's largest alcohol vendor! With the brand new addition of 21 and Colder joining our already ROBUST selection of alcohol stands and our Food and Wine Festival you'll have plenty of options to get blitzed! Caution: There may be higher amounts of temporary ride closures due to vomit from increased alcohol consumption during this time. Please show integrity and patience for your fellow park goer especially during this record-breaking time."

While we're at it might as well bring back Grad Nights :D

Isn't it a little bit of a mixed message when you're installing more "family friendly" rides and at the same time increasing the ability to have inebriated people walking around the park.  (Nothing like spending a day with Drunk Uncle at KI :) :) :))

Maybe the'll sereve a "Dirty Martini" at Pig Pen's Mess Hall :) 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...