Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Kings Island Central Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Hendrick

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Hendrick

  1. Wait, when was it said the tower was removed? Or have I not been paying that much attention in here? http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php?/topic/26980-jungle-jims-at-kings-island/#entry501740
  2. My class went to Kings Island in 5th and 8th grade (last time I rode Son of Beast with the loop actually), and Cedar Point in 12th.
  3. Only once last year (which was to buy a '13 pass). Saved my money in order to go to Holiday World for Holiwood Nights. So, that puts: Kings Island: 1 Holiday World: 1 Stricker's: 1 (Was suppose to go a second time with my sister, brother in law, and nephew, but it rained that day. Very disappointing.)
  4. Wow. But I still feel like I'll believe it when I see the park reopen.
  5. Sad Switchfoot isn't playing this year, but I'd like to see Skillet.
  6. Hendrick replied to JAHill's topic in Kings Island
    I now wish I was at Outer Hanks.
  7. I just tested this by switching to the mobile version on my desktop computer. The "full version" button fails to work, and clearing both cache and cookies didn't switch it back either. According to the IPB bug tracker, fixing this requires the site owner to submit a ticket to IPB support: http://community.invisionpower.com/resources/bugs.html/_/ip-board/cannot-switch-to-full-version-from-mobile-r36558 For what it's worth, here's the way-too-complex workaround I figured out to fix it: 1. Go to the forum community homepage 2. View the page source 3. Search for the line containing 'base_url' 4. Make a note of the URL, starting with http:// and ending with a random alphanumeric string. 5. Search for the line containing 'secure_hash' 6. Make a note of the hash, consisting of another random alphanumeric string 7. Concatenate the following three strings (A, B, C): A) the URL from step 4 Β) this exactly: app=core&module=ajax&section=skin&do=change&skinId=1&secure_key= C) the string from step 6 8. Visit the URL that is the combination of all 3 strings. You should have the full version back. EDIT: Β) was apparently a smiley. Fixed it. I understand that doing this from your iOS device could be tricky, but at least you can get it working on your desktop until a real fix happens. Did you try the complex workaround I posted in reply #20? Doing this got me out of mobile mode, after I stuck myself in it while testing. Malem posted a solution back on the first page...
  8. Hendrick replied to JAHill's topic in Kings Island
    I've always liked Outer Hanks. One of my favorite places.
  9. Same issue, but I think that's what was happening before. I was able to get out using Malem's method.
  10. First I've heard what the rides are for 2013. Where did you read that? Glad Beast is back, but sad to see it go back to only a half hour.
  11. Wow. Sure didn't see all this coming. I'm sure this isn't what Will wanted.
  12. Hopefully within the next week or so, we will know whether Kentucky Kingdom will re-open or not. Is that a random time table, or did I miss something saying an announcement will be soon?
  13. Kings Island will open its gates for its 42nd season in 2013. He did say he was posting this at 4am....
  14. Glad to see this thread return. Excited to see what is in store!
  15. Can even upload pictures from an iPad using the Photobucket app (I'm sure there are others, this is just the one I use.)
  16. What one attraction would he like to bring back if he could.
  17. These were skipped.
  18. Certainly not saved yet. Article said that they are close to reaching a lease. Still said that the group will have to secure financing. Let's not forget Bluegrass Boardwalk also had a lease at one point in time. Until opening day comes for this park, I'll remain pessimistic.
  19. Just because you say "not being racist" doesn't make your comment any more acceptable. It's still racist.
  20. If you don't have a picture, then don't post. Simple. Also, let's not lie about not posting other people's pictures before. I've been able to find 3 additional (out of your 6 total) online. http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php?/topic/26828-ki-photo-chain-game/page-3#entry496620'>Your Post | http://www.flickr.com/photos/coasterville/4960977861'>Source (Flikr) http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php?/topic/26828-ki-photo-chain-game/?p=496020'>Your Post | http://www.themeparkreview.com/midwest2007/kingsisland/kingsisland129.jpg'>Source (ThemeParkReview) <a href="http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php?/topic/26828-ki-photo-chain-game/page-2#entry496344">Your Post</a> | <a href="http://nationalcarousel.org/psp/KingsIsland/ptc79_00_bldg2.html">Source (National Carousel Association)</a> Guess we're back to malem's.
  21. Sorry I'm just now replying to this... African Forest: The Congo Expedition operates during its normal hours, even during Wildlights, because the Bonobos and especially the Gorillas are extremely sensitive with their schedules. Yea, I see that on their website now. I used to go a lot when I was younger with my parents (10+ years ago), and I'm 99% sure it used to lit up back then. (I remember one year they had a cool lighted river.) Even then though, I though in the past few years it was open as well during wildlights.
  22. Wow, that is crazy. I did hear traffic was backed up a good 10 miles from the zoo on Saturday night, and we were speculating that is what it was from. The light are awesome this year, but I was disapointed that the "African Forest" didn't have any lights and was closed off.
  23. I never heard that before, but that is really interesting. Did they give any reasons why?
Background Picker

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.